This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Kaiju

GeoGeo
edited February 2008 in Movies
What is your favorite kaiju and why? If you don't have a favorite movie, then name your favorite monster from any kaiju ever.

Personally my favorite is Gojira because that is what started the whole kaiju genre. Also, without this kaiju there would be no Ghidorah, no Mothra, no Rodan, etc, etc. On a serious note though, this kaiju showed just how frightened Japan was of radiation and nuclear warfare (considering that they actually experienced these horrors first-hand).

Comments

• Kung Fu Chicken Noodle.
  • Mothra.

All other answers are wrong.
  • Mothra.

All other answers are wrong.
    Come on Scott, you have to at least respect Gojira for what it is and what it stands for (at least a little). I will admit though that many (if not all) Mothra kaiju are teh fucking business. In fact Mothra occupies #1.5 on my list of top 10 kaiju while Godzilla vs. Motha is #2.
  • Kung Fu Chicken Noodle.
    While I find that guy hilarious and awesome, I was talking more about stuff like Toho (which incidentally is teh awesome, but Noodle is cool too.
  • King Bubsgonzola! King King Bubsgonzola! SUPREME!

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail166.html
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2008
    Pwned
    Goddamn you Scott.

By the way, I think that statue is fake because I highly doubt that it is for sale.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • By the way, I think that statue is fake because I highly doubt that it is for sale.
    It's probably a garage kit.
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2008
    By the way, I think that statue is fake because I highly doubt that it is for sale.
    It's probably a garage kit.
    Oh yeah, good point.

But still like I said before, Mothra is indeed the shit, and Mothra can and always will beat Godzilla. But still, you've got to admit that Gojira is very different from all the other kaiju that was released immediately after that one, in that it had a moral and it had a point to it. That moral being that Nuclear warfare is bad and while a gigantic monster won't come to kill everyone (which would be an awesome spectacle to see), nuclear weapons will.

By the way Scott, what form of Mothra is your favorite? Personally my favorite is I think it was Rainbow Mothra or something, I don't know.

King Bubsgonzola! King King Bubsgonzola! SUPREME!

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail166.html
    DON"T YOU EAT MY CHICKEN WINGS!!!
    Post edited by Geo on
  • GeoGeo
    edited March 2009
    While Godzilla vs. Mothra is indeed an extremely good movie, it fails to be the best one of all time. There are six that (in my opinion) are better than the aforementioned one.

image This one is the best out of them all.

image This one is the 2nd best one.

imageThis one is amazingly well done

image This one cannot be ignored for the sheer emotion present throughout the film.

image Who can ever forget this one?

image I've saved the best for last, nuff said.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I personally like Invasion of Astro Monster the most. I would have to say that because it was the first one I saw...which was like back when I was 5 or something. I recently got this boxset and watched almost all of the movies (at this point I'm actually not sure which ones I haven't watched), and it was the one that I was like "fuck yeah I remember seeing this!" more than any of the other ones.

Mothra was probably the only DVD in that set that me and my friend explicitly made fun of, laughed at, and MST3K'd since we noticed how shitty the effects were and how many scenes (especially with tanks) were the same clips played over and over again, and the dialog sucked balls.

Gojira was easily #2.
  • I really like Daimajin if that counts. He always looks so pissed off.

But the Strange Flavour Monster is starting to grow on me. He's the guy on the left. If you look real close, you can see a wicked teet. It's from the movie "Big Japan Man".
  • I have just finished watching Godzilla Final Wars, and godfucking dammit! That movie was just fan-fucking-freaking-tastic. It's Ryuhei Kitamura so I think you know what to expect. But the fact that this is a Godzilla movie just blows my mind to smithereens. I'll describe what this movie with the following three statements.

It's 1/3 Destroy All Monsters x1000

It's 1/3 a really well choreographed kung-fu/Matrix-style movie

It's 1/3 Star Wars Space Combat using advanced effects and awesome music to accompany it.

Bear in mind, that this is all happening at once.

Perhaps words can't really describe it, so here is the trailer.
  • As much as I have respect for Gojira and Mothra, my favorite Kaiju is Gidorah. Mostly becuase he just gets beat up so much. Also, to rehash an old saying, three heads are better than one!!