This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Astroboy 2003 torrent file

edited October 2007 in Anime

Ok, so I just recently got my first three volumes region 3 dvds from this awesome series. I just want to tell you all that it is awesome. The english subtitles are great, the colors and animation are pure  awesomenes. I have not seen the edited english version but from what I heard from AWO it is kind of different from the region 1. In this one we can clearly see why is it called Astro :D

So what good it is to tell you all about this show if you cannot see it here well here is a small link so you all can get your copy :D

Enjoy guys :D

Comments

• I watched the edited version on KidsWB back in the day, when I still watched Pokemon. It was the first Astro Boy anything I had ever heard of, and I thought it was awesome even with the corny techno. And my, the techno was corny.
  • It would have being good if Sony would have released the version from TV but they release a Pan-Scan version of that :( .
    It looks horrible in something bigger than 22 inch :(
  • Well, I was hunting for the rest of the series on the internet. And by that I mean the rest of the R3 dvd releases. It looked like it would be and imposible quest, unless I would take a plane to South Korea and then try to find it there :S . However, as I was taking a small break from my studies I went and look fro the second part of the this series and here it is. It is only from ep 13 to 24. The only problem is that it is too expensive for 3 dvd :(
    I guess I will get it when I have enough time and money to order it online :(
  • Ok, I know I still doing this but I just found a place in which you can get the first 24 episodes in english but done right. It is the region 2 DVD PAL version I do not know if you can listen to the original opening but since each DVD comes with 4 episodes it looks like they were not compressed to dead.
  • edited January 2008
    I generally despised any anime that Kids' WB! acquired like a beast. No matter what show it was, it was extremely painful on the eyes and ears.

Astro Boy actually came as quite a pleasant surprise. It was pretty decent compared to the other Japanese shows that came to that block. I think part of the credit goes to Sony being its distributor; they really seem to know what they're doing when it comes to animation. Every time I see Sony's logo attached to anything animation-related, they don't let me down. It's a real shame that they're overlooked as an animation distributor and producer, but I guess their other products just overshadow that fact.
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • I generally despised any anime that Kids' WB! acquired like a beast. No matter what show it was, it was extremely painful on the eyes and ears.

Astro Boyactually came as quite a pleasant surprise. It was pretty decent compared to the other Japanese shows that came to that block. I think part of the credit goes to Sony being its distributor; they really seem to know what they're doing when it comes to animation. Every time I see Sony's logo attached to anything animation-related, they don't let me down. It's a real shame that they're overlooked as an animation distributor and producer, but I guess their other products just overshadow that fact.
    The TV release is good but they do horrible with the DVD release :(
    I am still waiting for my Cyborg 009 box set.
  • I am still waiting for my Cyborg 009 box set.
    I think everyone is waiting for that Cyborg 009 box set.
  • Ok, so after a while I was able to find someone else that does not know what he/she is selling
    And, I am still looking for vol 4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 and 12 :(
  • Oh man I love Cyborg 009. I actually managed to find the first two volumes of the TV series. I wish it wasn't highly unlikely for it to ever be released again.
  • Recently, I got the second part of the first "season" of the Korean Astroboy 2003 relase. So I decided to put create a torrent file of what I have (thanks to Scott's idea). Yesterday I uploaded the first 12 episodes.
    I will be coding the rest of the episodes on the weekend. Hopefully I will have another torrent file by Sunday. Enjoy :D
    Also, all episodes have english subs on them(the subs came from the dvd so don't blame me if they read kind of weird).
  • So I decided to put create a torrent file of what I have (thanks to Scott's idea). Yesterday I uploaded thefirst 12 episodes.
    I will be coding the rest of the episodes on the weekend.
    Do you know what the fuck you are doing? Do you actually know how to ENcode a video properly? Do you know how to spell 'Astroboy' or are you just so fucking lazy that you don't bother typing 3 extra letters? Or bother to number episode numbers below 10 with a leading zero. Or be consistent in whether or not you start a fucking file name with a capital or lower-case letter! Why does it look like you are incapable of such trivial things?
  • edited March 2009
    So I decided to put create a torrent file of what I have (thanks to Scott's idea). Yesterday I uploaded thefirst 12 episodes.
    I will be coding the rest of the episodes on the weekend.
    While I truly appreciate your effort, may I be so bold as to recommend to you the computer program Handbrake to make high quality video encodings with minimal fuss? It is also my personal opinion that a more verbose and consistent filing and naming structure would bring an extra touch of class to your already sterling work.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Your posts always crack me up, Omnutia.
    edited March 2009
    may I be so bold as to recommend to you the computer program Handbrake to make high quality video encodings with minimal fuss?
    You are a despicable low being for putting those words in my mouth. The rest of that is what I said yes, your rephrasing is uselessly redundant.

EDIT: Also, if you wish to be quoting my chained up, gentlemannerly alter ego, use 'Wiz'.
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited March 2009
    I did use handbrake for the encoding. If you watch the episodes you will notice that the opening is a lot brighter than the rest of the episode, sadly that is how it is also seen on the dvds. I really do not care about numbering stuff, if someone can see a number one can deduce the order. I guess someone will be kind of angry when realizing that the korean release skips ep. 20 or 21 :(
    Oh well, I will be encoding the rest today and tomorrow :D
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • edited March 2009
    Awesome. It's a crying shame that it's come to this (and not some blow-my-face-off HD deal from some decicated fansub group) but at least proper Astro 2k3 can be seen now.

I'm not bashing the dub, but when you can hear Hikari (digimon) in every third female character and every forth male, you know some thing's wrong. The one Lura Jill Miller casting choice that made sense (as anAlkazar for goodness sake) was her as the Phoenix, details of which were hilariously wrong (Firebird...wtf?).

What's worse is the guy responsible for the initial localisation (One Marc Handler) apparently poured his heart and soul into the project only for the WB to take a whole silly piss on it.

The encodes seem to be fine though hard subbing things is a bit off in this day and age and though the translations at time seem to take a large whack at what's being said rather than aiming for accuracy and sometimes forgoes proper English or even what's said completely (The preview's the most obvious instnce of this).
    But, hell, it's closer than what we'll ever get as far as an official release of it's concerned what with Sony being as they are.
    (Hint: Sony, if you'd do a bloody decent release of Astro, I might have all three current gen consoles under my TV, just a thought there, eh?)

As always, Thanks for the hard work.
    Post edited by Conan-San on
    edited March 2009
    (and not some blow-my-face-off HD deal from some decicated fansub group)
    Stop smoking whatever you are. That'd be worse. Upscaled karaoke-infested, note-littered, banding crap is worse than a handbrake encode. You want a DVD-ripping 'group' to do something like this.

EDIT:
    The encodes seem to be fine though hard subbing things is a bit off in this day and age
    What?! Then why the fuck is he using mkv then?
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited March 2009
    (and not some blow-my-face-off HD deal from some decicated fansub group)
    Stop smoking whatever you are. That'd be worse. Upscaled karaoke-infested, note-littered, banding crap is worse than a handbrake encode. You want a DVD-ripping 'group' to do something like this.
    You know what? All I wanted was a soft sub, maybe translations of the songs themselves. No need to be upity about it.
  • edited March 2009
    If I would know how to do it I would put soft subs. I am not sure how good of an idea would be to make another torrent file of the episodes in Japanese only.
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • Ah right.

The torrent could do with some seeding, btw.
  • The torrent could do with some seeding, btw.
    Yes please, been stuck on 76% since early yesterday. If it really died within 24 hours it must be crap.
  • The torrent could do with some seeding, btw.
    Yes please, been stuck on 76% since early yesterday. If it really died within 24 hours it must be crap.
    Or maybe, just maybe, he turns his computer off sometimes.
  • Or maybe, just maybe, he turns his computer off sometimes.
    I know you are stupid, but the 6 people that completed the torrent should seed it instead of instantly killing it. That's how the Bittorrent protocol works.
  • edited March 2009
    I am sorry guys my brother turned my computer off yesterday while I was out at friend's house.
    I am still at my friend's house but I will turn it on as soon as I get there.
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • edited March 2009
    Or maybe, just maybe, he turns his computer off sometimes.
    I say old boy! It appears that several people have already finished downloading it and, for whatever reason, haven't seeded. However, what this says about the quality of the torrent I honestly couldn't say.
    Perhaps, we could all rally together and do our bit to help the distribution of this fine animation, all together now, chaps.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Ok, my computer is turned on and here is the file with episodes 13 to 24. Sorry guys it is missing episode 20.
  • Or maybe, just maybe, he turns his computer off sometimes.
    I say old boy! It appears that several people have already finished downloading it and, for whatever reason, haven't seeded. However, what this says about the quality of the torrent I honestly couldn't say.
    Perhaps, we could all rally together and do our bit to help the distribution of this fine animation, all together now, chaps.
    These translations are loving hilarious.
  • These translations are loving hilarious.
    They would be better if they didn't change what was said.
  • These translations are loving hilarious.
    Well well, these jolly good translations are perfect imitations of my thoughts!
  • edited March 2009
    Astroboy and internet comedy, this is the perfect thread.

But yeah, EP 20's a tricky one, didn't it get omitted from the US release because it had more than a passing resemblance to peter pan? Maybe it was omitted from this release too...
    Not that it matters, it's like that one filler episode of Sailor Moon R that makes no sence whatsoever that everyone pretends didn't exist.