This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 090408 - Wednesday Bundle

RymRym
edited April 2009 in GeekNights
Tonight on GeekNights, we discuss a bundle of anime, manga, and comics, including All Hail Megatron, 20th Century Boys, K-On, and some more. In the news, there is a strange confluence of nouns regarding the possibly coming Ninja Scroll movie, and Scott GeekBites A Drifting Life.

Comments

• edited April 2009
    Wow, really early tonight, eh?
    EDIT: Wait. Timezones.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Wow, really early tonight, eh?
    EDIT: Wait. Timezones.
    Nope, it is pretty early.
  • It seems the link to Scotts Japanese driving test thing of the day is missing.
  • It seems the link to Scotts Japanese driving test thing of the day is missing.
    I didn't remember what it was, since we'd actually recorded the show yesterday, and I didn't bother yet to listen and remember. ^_~
  • Good show.

Wth regards to the Ninja Scroll film, it could also be that Mr Dicaprio has some love for the animes. Its encouraging to see these famous faces wanting to get in on the action.
    Remember, without someone waving the passion flag, we get stuff like DB:Evo. I guess the Akira films, he has in the pipes will be the real test first.

Ah, so many good books. All Hail Megatron I must hunt for, but A Drifting Life I'll get first. 20 Century Boys, I'll catch.....elsewhere.
  • An autobiography is presumed to be a telling of your whole life, or at least a significant portion of it.
    A memoir can be a specific event that is extended into an entire book/story, and elaborated upon extensively. Or several events. A memoir is kinda more open and malleable.
    Just wanted to clarify that...
  • An autobiography is presumed to be a telling of your whole life, or at least a significant portion of it.
    A memoir can be a specific event that is extended into an entire book/story, and elaborated upon extensively. Or several events. A memoir is kinda more open and malleable.
    Just wanted to clarify that...
    Also, learn how to pronounce archetype.
  • Yo Scrym Check out the new anime called Vipers Creed,its pretty bad ass.
  • 20 Century Boys, I'll catch.....elsewhere.
    As long as you buy it eventually is all good :D