This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Costa Rica!

RymRym
edited April 2009 in Everything Else
Hello from Costa Rica, suckers!

A tropical bird stole part of my breakfast. And the water is warm. All the time.

We should have the next "Week of Awesome" down here.

Comments

• I am incredibly jealous.
  • A tropical bird stole part of my breakfast.
    Don't take that shit from him. Chase him down.
  • Lucky guy.
  • So, what was all the complaining about?
    YEAH! Find the breakfast stealing bastard and make him into dinner. :P
    YEAH! Find the breakfast stealing bastard and make him into dinner. :P
    Hopefully your breakfast isn't fully digested, so like that you can still eat it while you're munching on the bird.
  • I tend to enjoy my food stuffed with another food for the double food goodness.

i.e. "I'll have the most expensive thing on your menus stuffed with the second most expensive thing."
  • All of a sudden I'm in the mood for Bacon-Stuffed Chicken...
  • I tend to enjoy my food stuffed with another food for the double food goodness.

i.e. "I'll have the most expensive thing on your menus stuffed with the second most expensive thing."
    Like turduckens? Ew.

Anyway, have a good time!
    I feel your pain.
    I feel your pain.
    Well, it all depends on what you were eating. I wouldn't feel sorry for you if the bird stole a bowl of porridge.
  • edited April 2009
    Last time I went to Costa Rica, I almost died. Scorpions in the bed, red ants in the tub, boa constrictors in the ceiling & poisonous frogs near the toilet!

It was AWESOME.
    Post edited by Mankoon on
  • Last time I went to Costa Rica, I almost died. Scorpions in the bed, red ants in the tub, boa constrictors in the ceiling & poisonous frogs near the toilet!

It was AWESOME.
    You pussy foreigners, kids play with scorpions as toddlers, we wrestle boas as a sport and lick poisonous frogs like you do a lollipop.

Red ants are still a bitch...
  • edited April 2009
    Last time I went to Costa Rica, I almost died. Scorpions in the bed, red ants in the tub, boa constrictors in the ceiling & poisonous frogs near the toilet!

It was AWESOME.
    You pussy foreigners, kids play with scorpions as toddlers, we wrestle boas as a sport and lick poisonous frogs like you do a lollipop.

Red ants are still a bitch...
    Well... I forgot to mention I also almost got trampled by a wild horse randomly running on the beach side, almost engulfed by a gigantic wave full of trees from a storm, and uh was ferociously pelted with seeds by monkeys.
    Ok what ever jungle man, I'm no pussy. Besides, I'd like to see you take the G train to brooklyn at 3 a.m!
  • Hello from Costa Rica, suckers!

A tropical bird stole part of my breakfast. And the water is warm. All the time.

We should have the next "Week of Awesome" down here.
    Why the fuck are you online, go get back in the water.
  • Mankoon and Mr. Roboto, you are both so big and tough you decided to have a pissing contest online. A winner is you.
  • edited April 2009
    Mankoon and Mr. Roboto, you are both so big and tough you decided to have a pissing contest online. A winner is you.
    Its all in good fun :)

Well... I forgot to mention I also almost got trampled by a wild horse randomly running on the beach side, almost engulfed by a gigantic wave full of trees from a storm, and uh was ferociously pelted with seeds by monkeys.
    Ok what ever jungle man, I'm no pussy. Besides, I'd like to see you take the G train to brooklyn at 3 a.m!
    Funny you should mention that, a friend born in Costa Rica went to NY a couple of years ago, and when they tried to mug him he spoke in spanish and played the fool, the guys said "Es un vato, vamonos" and left.
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
    Just be thankful it wasn't one of these that stole your breakfast.

• Just be thankful it wasn't one of these that stole your breakfast.
    Gees how much experience do I get for killing that...
  • Gees how much experience do I get for killing that...
    Just make sure you flip it over it over for massive damage.
  • Like turduckens? Ew.
    I believe you mean a turbaconucken.
  • Am I the only one who thinks that beetle looks kinda cute?
  • edited April 2009
    Am I the only one who thinks that beetle looks kinda cute?
    Nope. I wonder what they eat? How hard would it be to get one as a pet?

*Walking down the street*
    Pedestrian - "Hey dude, where'd you get that wicked beetle badge-thing?"
    Me - "Badge?"
    *Beetle moves*
    Pedestrian - "HOLY FUCKING JESUS PLAYING ROCKBAND"
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited April 2009
    @Mrs. MacRoss: Did you miss the funny going on? =D Also, I'd totally win in a pissing contest.
    @Mr.Roboto: So, they let him go cause he was spanish? A lot of the muggers here aren't super tough like the movies would show. Most are just punks who want something but don't want to put in the effort. I'll stop derailing the topic now >.<.
    I wish I was in Costa Rica again. It had such amazing views. I had one of my fondest memories there. We rode on galloping horses on the tropical beach side with those blue iridescent butterflies about.
    No, it is without a doubt the awesomest thing I have seen all day. I want one!
    What spacies is it? It's so cute! ^_^
  • edited April 2009
    Am I the only one who thinks that beetle looks kinda cute?
    What species is it? It's so cute! ^_^
    Looks like it might be in the Dynastidae family, but I can't confirm.

Edit: yes I can! It's on this page, although the species info isn't listed. Narrowing down the species now.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • Success! The beetle is Megasoma elephas elephas from Mexico as seen here.

Yes, I just spent 30 minutes researching that.
  • edited April 2009
    Pura vida! I am in Costa Rica using stolen restaurant internet right now. We saw a boa in the road and there was a scorpion on the shades of our cabin at Aunt Martha's, but when we went to go put him outside we discovered he was a dead scorpion, or maybe one that shed it's skin. I'm not sure, do scorpions shed their skins? Anyway, we have seen lots of crawly things and adorable fuzzy things and bold chirpy things and blue morpho butterflies. Not really the place to go if you are bothered by insects, bats, or snakes. Great country, so far though. Friendly people and Cloud Forest FTW.
    Post edited by gomidog on