This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

This is not a religious debate thread (It is)

edited April 2009 in Flamewars
I pose this question.

In a mixed martial arts match between Buddha and the Elephant god Ganesh. Who would draw first blood?

Comments

• Ganesh. Buddha would refuse to hurt Ganesh, though if he chose to do so the Buddha could easily draw first blood.
  • Also, Ganesh has all those arms, and a massive weight advantage. I don't see how any athletic commission would even approve this fight.

But it doesn't matter anyway, Jesus would beat them both. Because as we know...

And dammit, when I clicked this thread, "mixed martial arts" were the first words I saw, and I thought we were going to have a real MMA thread on this board. Can we please? I can make it slightly relevant...
  • ...I thought we were going to have a real MMA thread on this board. Can we please?
    Sure we can. As soon as you start one.

Ganesh FTW.
  • Sure we can. As soon as you start one.
    Nah, I tried that already. No takers.
  • So anyhow, are there any religions/belief systems out there that you respect and why?

I'm a fan of the Unitarians. While they can be too focused on Jesus at times it's mainly because it's a easy point of reference for most people and while the fellowship tends to attract as many new age crazies as atheists they provide a forum for people to speak about their personal believes and to discuss with others without feeling like you could get thrown out (well, I guess if you didn't like gays and were in-tolerant you might).
  • edited April 2009
    Nah, I tried that already. No takers.
    Okay then, I guess we can't.
    Post edited by misakyra on
  • So anyhow, are there any religions/belief systems out there that you respect and why?
    I'm a fan of the Unitarians. While they can be too focused on Jesus at times it's mainly because it's a easy point of reference for most people and while the fellowship tends to attract as many new age crazies as atheists they provide a forum for people to speak about their personal believes and to discuss with others without feeling like you could get thrown out (well, I guess if you didn't like gays and were in-tolerant you might).
    You're a fan of Unitarians? You cheer for them at all the religious scrimmages?
  • Ganesh, because Ganesh already ate Jesus and absorbed his zombie blood power.
    Scientologists and Snake Handlers. The way I see it, if you're going to believe in crazy bullshit, you might as well go all the way with it.
  • H??????????????? IS C???????????????????OMI????????NG > ??? ??????????????????????? ? ????????????????????????????????????????????? ???