This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

WebcamStudio

edited April 2009 in Everything Else
Found this a while ago when Scott was looking for something to do fancy things with webcam output.
WebcamStudio is basically a way to composite things like: Webcam input (from more than one webcam if needed), video playback, desktop streaming, images, irc, text, etc.. then arrange them and stream them out. As I've only just got my webcam working I've not tested the streaming output but you can check the guy who make it's uStream page for various examples.

Though it didn't come out too well. In this picture I've got: me in the top left, the Bruce Lee ping-pong video playing bottom right (Note the slight opacity.) and my desktop playing in the background.

Going to make a uStream channel sometime this week to test out the streaming output.

Comments

• It looks cool, and seems to be everything you'd need. maybe we'll see more of Scott online now?
  • This is pretty cool for live digital drawing too!
  • Nice find. How hard is it to set up such a composition? Can it for example quickly go in and out of picture-in-picture with a single key press? Or does it require some hands on working to set up. Ignoring the fancy transparency, tilting and such optional actions.
  • To compose, you add sources then arrange them. You can save one arrangement and load it again but you should contact the guy who makes it about the key-press idea. In the mean time, it wouldn't be hard to work around.
    When are you gonna do a broadcast for us?
  • edited April 2009
    It's Linux only so -> Gimp. :(
    Post edited by Omnutia on
    When are you gonna do a broadcast for us?
    Linux only? :S There goes that idea. It would have been interesting. I tried to record myself with Camtasia before. I was pretty nervous even though no one was looking at me. What about you, Funfetus?
  • Linux only? :S There goes that idea. It would have been interesting. I tried to record myself with Camtasia before. I was pretty nervous even though no one was looking at me. What about you, Funfetus?
    ManyCam will do it, assuming you're on Windows. I've tried it out. If you're Mac, I don't know, but I'm sure there's something. But what about me? I didn't bring it up. :) No, I might do something one of these days. I don't know. I'm not sure it would be interesting to watch me draw onscreen -- I'm kinda spastic with my constantly zooming in and out and whatnot. Maybe I could do some sort of live tutorial or something. There's a tutorial I've been thinking about doing as a PDF or something for a while.