This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Sound card questions

edited April 2009 in Technology
I'm looking for a sound card that will allow me to push my microphone input through my speakers so I can record my voice concurrently with output from videos. Currently, it doesn't appear my mobo will support this function in Vista32. Seeing as how I've never done research for a sound card before, does anyone have any quality recommendations?

Comments

• edited April 2009
    Have you tried Control Panel->Sound->Playback->Speakers->Properties->Levels & unmute microphone?
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Have you tried Control Panel->Sound->Playback->Speakers->Properties->Levels & unmute microphone?
    The microphone slider does not exist in the tab. This is one of the reasons why I believe it's a hardware issue.
  • The microphone just uses a normal 3.5mm TRS plug?
  • The microphone just uses a normal 3.5mm TRS plug?
    Yes.
  • edited April 2009
    I'd get the latest drivers for whatever audio is in your motherboard (probably Realtek something). This is something really basic that any motherboard+OS should be able to do.

The setting will probably be in an application, which will either come with the drivers or need to be downloaded separately.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I think I read something on Engadget ages ago about it being deliberately removed due to analog hole bollocks.