This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• I just bought Henry Hatsworth. I find that mecha suit to be really annoying. I wish they introduced it when I really needed it. It has such a long intro animation too that I get angry when I activate it accidentally. I like the puzzle/adventure idea though.
    You can push a button to skip the intro animation.
  • You people have way to much time in your hands, I am barely playing The World of Goo :P
    Actually I have way too many games I can't play at the moment. Silent Hill origins, fall out 3, Infinite Undiscovery and a few others are still untouched.
    That only means that you have too much time and money.
  • edited April 2009
    You can push a button to skip the intro animation.
    I remember hitting everything and nothing worked. I should try to play it sometime other than before I go to sleep.
    That only means that you have too much timeandmoney.
    Maybe I have too many games that I can't play but I still buy it if I want to get to it eventually. It's also tax deductible =D. I don't think I have a lot of time on my hands. I play a few hours at the end of the day.
    Post edited by Mankoon on
  • MGS3 (I'm almost finished with an Extreme run, I just have one last thing to do. ;_;)

Dwarf Fortress (I've been playing around with various mods, but just due to the nature of the game the changes they make aren't readily apparent unless you do something like replace the controllable civ. Speaking of which, Kobold Camp was pretty fun.)

Touhou Youyoumu:Perfect Cherry Blossom (In search of the perfect run. Also its still my favorite.)
  • Touhou Youyoumu:Perfect Cherry Blossom (In search of the perfect run. Also its still my favorite.)
    I prefer Mountain of Faith so far.

Well, at least when I use Marisa Bugged. :D
  • I tried Henry Hatsworth and it seem like a not very good platformer combined with a not very good copy of Planet Puzzle League (which may just be because PPL is really good.).
  • Games I currently have out from GameFly:
    Street Fighter IV (PS3)- If anyone wants to play add me, I'm ColombianShadow on PSN.
    Metroid Prime: Hunters (DS)- Man, this game hurts to play. Rapidly pressing the L trigger to fire while moving around physically hurts. This one's going back.
  • Touhou Youyoumu:Perfect Cherry Blossom (In search of the perfect run. Also its still my favorite.)
    Did I ever post the Touhou Manzai Sketches here?

Marisa-san~!
  • No, I don't think you did.
  • edited April 2009
    Oh. Maybe I'll start a Touhou Thread.
    I've never played the games, but considering some of the communities I hang out in, I am well aware of the fandom.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Battlefield Heroes Beta.
  • I just picked up Namco Museum: Virtual Arcade for the 360. As much as I hate how much Namco milks their classics, I couldn't resist, and now I can't recommend it enough. For $15 (it's on sale at Gamestop), I got three different versions of Dig Dug, four Galagas, every Pac Man that ever really mattered (including the absolutely amazing Championship Edition), Mr. Driller (a personal favorite of mine), and all of those other delightful games that have been on every Namco Museum since PSX.

Oh, and since it comes with nine XBLA games, it has 1800 achievement points. Not that anyone on this forum really cares about those, but it's just another thing that makes this deal even more unbelievable.
  • edited May 2009
    I'm playing Dead Space, Bioshock and Half Life 2: Episode 1 on my PS3 at the moment - I'm having a lot more fun playing Dead Space than I thought I would, since it combines themes from my favourite movies (i.e. Event Horizon, Alien(s) etc) with a spine tingling soundtrack.

I also picked up Far Cry 2, but since i'm from South Africa (but living in London), I can understand what the npcs are saying when they're not speaking English, which stings a bit.

I think i'll leave it at the bottom of my pile for now.
    Post edited by Pierre on
  • I'm finally playing Chrono Trigger, on my new DS Lite.
  • I'm replaying for fun the orignal Half-Life and it's expansions. Yesterday I finished of HL and today I will probably start on Opposing Force.
  • I've been playing and old Half Life 2 mod called SMOD: Redux. It adds gibbing, bullet time, a bunch of new weapons, harder enemies, and more enemy spawns to the Half Life 2 campaign. There's something disturbingly satisfying kicking someone in the crotch, exploding them with a PSP UMD launcher in slow motion, and then eating all the gibs (to regain health) before they hit the ground.
  • Been playing some SWAT4 and DoD:S as well.
  • Quakelive. bitches
  • Artstyle: Aquia for DSi (1000 free points came in handy) and Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon for me right now.
  • Has anyone played Zeno Clash? I just beat it and would like to know what other people think about the game.

also playing:
    Mass Effect (again)
    Left 4 Dead: dead 4 u

on my "to play" list:

Dawn of War II
    Mount and Blade
    Fallout 3 expansions (The Pitt and Broken Steel)

-F
  • Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
    Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
    Brain Age: Math Express Version
    The World Ends With You.

I'm finishing up a few sidequests in PH LONG after I beat it, playing around in the aftergame in TWEWY (Although not so much recently), and doing my daily Brain Age. Mostly, playing Kingdom Hearts. I already beat the GBA version...But the PS2 version is so cool!
  • I am testing my Pokemon team for the Nintendo tournament.
    I'm also finishing Dragon Quest IV.
  • I tried Quakelive and I just got bored after a few matches. I suppose if you take the thinking out of FPSs and get right down to it, they're just a thing for that part of your brain that doesn't consciously think to do.
  • I suppose if you take the thinking out of FPSs and get right down to it, they're just a thing for that part of your brain that doesn't consciously think to do.
    You're doing it wrong.
  • I suppose if you take the thinking out of FPSs and get right down to it, they're just a thing for that part of your brain that doesn't consciously think to do.
    You're doing it wrong.
    Doing what wrong? and how?
  • edited May 2009
    I'm no connoisseur when it comes to first person shooters. But I'm having lots of fun playing Unreal Tournament III at the moment.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • Doing what wrong? and how?
    To be more serious, maybe you're not doing it wrong, and Quake Live just isn't for you. But I don't think it's as mindless as you make it out to be.
  • I suppose I came across kinda harsh. Quakelive is so much about reaction and muscle memory that for some it's just what they want but for people like me, I'd prefer playing Tribes 2 where you have to think about things and really pick your shots. Might give some of those realistic shooters a go when I eventually get a computer worth playing things on.
  • I suppose I came across kinda harsh. Quakelive is so much about reaction and muscle memory that for some it's just what they want but for people like me, I'd prefer playing Tribes 2 where you have to think about things and really pick your shots. Might give some of those realistic shooters a go when I eventually get a computer worth playing things on.
    Red Orchestra is a pretty good game. The community isn't what it used to be, but there's almost always at least one full 50 player server up. Also, if you've got the juice to run Battlefield 2, the Project Reality mod is actually a better game than BF2 itself.
  • If you want to get into realistic shooters there are two main options these days. First is the Armed Assault (ArmA) series. The second, as mentioned above, is Project Reality. ArmA has quite a steep learning curve and is more of a shooter simulator rather than a FPS game. I recommend getting BF2 and PR installed as BF2 can be picked up for real cheap these days. If you do, hit me up and I'll help you through it.