This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Comments

• Scott's Thing - Batman Garage Sale
    Rym's Thing - YouTube Poop
  • The first week in a while there's been two shows! Finally.

When are we getting the Kavalier and Clay episode? I want to know what the next book is.
  • Scott's Thing -Batman Garage Sale
    Rym's Thing -YouTube Poop
    When I get some free time, I will make something that automates the forum post, and thus this will not be a problem anymore.

• When are we getting the Kavalier and Clay episode? I want to know what the next book is.
    Next Thursday.
  • When I get some free time, I will make something that automates the forum post, and thus this will not be a problem anymore.
    Is it an annoyance? I just put it there because I know some people get the episode primarily through the forum.
  • DC announces Wednesday comics,
    I'm indifferent to about 2/3 of Wednesday Comics, but I'll probably have to pick it up anyway just for Ben Caldwell's Wonder Woman. I couldn't care less about Wonder Woman, but caldwell's a freaking genius. Look at this stuff!
    imageimageimageimage

Paul Pope and Karl Kerschl are pretty great, too.
  • I only pay marginal attention to the US anime industry, so forgive me my ignorance. What is the important and dangerous license that ADV acquired?
  • What is the important and dangerous license that ADV acquired?
    It's the most dangerous license out there.
    Vague and evasive much?
    Vague and evasive much?
    Not really.
    Vague and evasive much?
    Not really.
    It's themost dangerouslicense out there.
    The license to kill? The license to own nuclear weapons?
    edited May 2009
    Oh for crying out loud. It's the M.D. license out there.

EDIT: AWO also talked about it on the last show.
    Post edited by ... on
  • LOL! There's only on license so violently dangerous, and that is MD Geist. A hilariously violent post apocalyptic mecha anime romp, that's also a bit fail in a funny way.

Hey, just like to say, great show Rym and Scott. Nice to see some more great Urusawa coverage.
  • Hey Scott,

Amazon actually does have a discount on Monster. The series is eligible under Amazon's 4-for-3 program, so if you purchase 4 volumes of Monster, you get the 4th one free. Instead of the total price being $180, it's actually $140(assuming that whoever is buying is doing so in bunches divisible to 4).
  • Also, Scott, I checked on Instocktrades, and they have them. Maybe they were out of stock when you searched, or maybe you searched wrong. Or maybe they have a shitty search, because they do. But anyway, $6.49 - $6.99.
  • Mr. Grimmer was the best character :D
  • I am so glad to see people finally realising the genius that is Urasawa. I first realised just how amazing he is three years ago when I found the scanlations for 20th Century Boys. I finished the entire series in a day on the weekend. He is the Stephen King of mangakas. I plan on buying all of Pluto and 20th Century Boys when I finally get a job. He creates masterpieces to the art of suspense and thriller. I have always wished for an anime series for either Pluto or 20cb (which sadly probably won't come true since they instead made the live action movie) because I feel they would be fantastic.
    Anyways, love the show, will the Wednesday shows become weekly again or will they be every other week or so ?

• Gentlemen, I present to you the pinnacle of Youtube Poop.
  • Just checked and The Right Stuf has 17 of the 18 volumes of Monster in stock for $7.49 a volume. It's volume 6 that's on order with Viz right now.
    Being the best Youtube Poop video is like being the most intelligent sea sponge.
  • edited May 2009
    Gentlemen, I present to you the pinnacle of Youtube Poop.
    Being the best Youtube Poop video is like being the most intelligent sea sponge.
    It's still something. Honestly I just didn't think the Pokemon was that funny.

Edit: How did I manage that?
    Post edited by Koholint on
  • It's still something. Honestly I just didn't think the Pokemon wasn't that funny.
    Double negatives for your enjoyment.
    It's still something. Honestly I just didn't think the Pokemon wasn't that funny.
    The Pokemon one wasn't funny either.
  • So, I just finished the last volume of Monster.

I think I need to lay down for a bit....
  • Ah, I remember Monster...the anime at least. That was probably the best week of my life marathoning that show. But at least I know who the real devil is. ^_^