This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Accoona

edited November 2006 in Everything Else
Anyone ever heard of this "Accoona" bot?

I found this in my logs: Accoona-AI-Agent/1.1.2 (aicrawler at accoonabot dot com)

Funny thing is that I get hit with search bots all day long but most of them hit my site and raid it for about 5 minutes tops. This bot has been hitting my site all day long!

I don't want to tell the search bots to go away but... It just seems strange how slow this bot is operating.

Comments

• Accoona appears to be a search engine. They claim to use AI software to improve the relevance of results (from a technical standpoint, this claim is so vague as to be almost meaningless). Their site doesn't give off any particularly shady vibes to my eyes.

You could have found all this out with about two minutes of effort.
  • I already knew that, I went to their website first.

I was just wondering if anyone knew anything aside from that..
  • I already knew that, I went to their website first.

I was just wondering if anyone knew anything aside from that..
    What else is there to know?

I think you gotta cut back on this obsession with your web ads/stats/SEO thing. Sit down and think about how much time you are spending vs. what you are getting out of it. If you are trying to make a few extra bucks with AdSense or whatever, that's cool, but worrying and monitoring stuff so closely really isn't buying you anything except wasted time. Put the ads up and create new webcontent. The rest will happen naturally. Trying to make it happen will only work against you.
  • I'm not doing any SEO stuff.

It's just that when I see a bot crawling my site at such a sloooooooooow pace I tend to wonder WTF?

All that SEO stuff is garbage anyways.