This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• I won my first primary, unopposed, now for the real battle!
    Please tell me that Laura is your speech writer! :P
    Oh, and major congratulations!
  • I got a cold call yesterday from a well-known musical artist whose work I've loved since high school. :)
  • Not only did I have half-day today, but I finally got my High School Yearbook and it is frickin' amazing. Compared to last year's yearbook which was horrendous (due to the fact that it, get ready for this, had an iPod on the cover and had countless spelling and name errors), this one more than makes up for how bad the other one was.
  • I probably have what will be considered a legendary Booh-Yah. I saw Citizen Kane for the first time....on the big screen as my local theater does something that allows people to see old movies every Sunday. Needless to say, the experience is one I'll never forget in my life.
  • I was just informed that I am this year's graduating class valedictorian. Booh yah? I'm not too sure if I should feel like this is a big deal or not. Thoughts?
  • I was just informed that I am this year's graduating class valedictorian. Booh yah? I'm not too sure if I should feel like this is a big deal or not. Thoughts?
    I think that's something to be proud of.
    I think that's something to be proud of.
    I concur, that will be something that is considered a great honor. Just make sure you can write a speech that will be relevant to your graduation and has meaning and thoughtfulness woven into it. Just don't try to doubt yourself too much and just go with it.
  • I graduated. It hasn't quite sunk in yet, but I'm glad to be done with high school.
  • I graduated. It hasn't quite sunk in yet, but I'm glad to be done with high school.
    I had a dream a year or two ago that was incredibly vivid. I dreamt that my high school contacted me and informed me that I hadn't graduated and not only my Regents Degree, but also my B.A. was invalid and I had to go back to 9th grade. Needless to say, it was a nightmare.
  • Guess who's got two thumbs and is going to Otakon?

Well, a lot of people, but this year, I get to be included on that list.

Well, a lot of people, but this year, I get to be included on that list.
    YATTA! Yay! Let's drink sake again and eat noodles!
  • You remember how I announced that the 3rd grade at my school scored a 94% passing rate on the New York State English Language tests (ELA's)? They also took the NYS Math tests back in March. I did a unit dealing specifically with geometry in an art project at the request of my assistant principal, which was about a month and a half before the exams. She said that the classroom teachers wouldn't have enough time to cover everything, and asked if I could pick up what they were missing.

We just got the scores back.

100% of our 3rd grade got passing marks on the tests. 100 freakin' percent. Plus, I was a major part of it.

Awesome.
  • edited May 2009
    I need to draw things bigger. This is more than 4x the original area.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I feel really bad for saying this, but I have no idea what that drawing is supposed to represent. I see #1 hands, but are the figures throwing baseballs at a monster dog with a hat?
  • edited May 2009
    It's just a doodle, it refers to this.
    Way to ruin my good mood.

Not really, my computer help business is taking off and I'm using the money I earned today to have a kick-ass barbecue in the park with my friends tomorrow. Bahoo.. yahaa!
    Post edited by Omnutia on
    This makes me sad because I lost one of my thumbs in an industrial accident.
  • This makes me sad because I lost one of my thumbs in an industrial accident.
    When was that?
  • edited May 2009
    Way to ruin my good mood.
    Be not sad! It was very tiny! Postage stamp sized? ^_~
    Not really, my computer help business is taking off and I'm using the money I earned today to have a kick-ass barbecue in the park with my friends tomorrow. Bahoo.. yahaa!
    Hooray! Huzzah!
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • I talked to the guy that one of my best friends has a crush on about asking her to prom. She was really disappointed when he didn't, and it turns out he really likes her too and the only reason that he didn't ask her was because he thought she already had a date with someone else. I better score some major friendship points for this.
  • I talked to the guy that one of my best friends has a crush on about asking her to prom. She was really disappointed when he didn't, and it turns out he really likes her too and the only reason that he didn't ask her was because he thought she already had a date with someone else. I better score some major friendship points for this.
    Man, my friends suck.
    Textile factory during the industrial revolution, right?
    Textile factory during the industrial revolution, right?
    My bet was on a smithing mishap during the Dark Ages.
  • My bet was on a smithing mishap during the Dark Ages.
    Stone age, stumble when sharpening some stones. He just called it 'industrial accident' to make it seem like the cave elder did anything important.
  • Industry = dinosaur farming.
  • Industry = dinosaur farming.
    The dinosaurs being the farmers.
  • Tonight I performed two sets of four songs with just me and my guitar. It's the first time I've done any kind of music gig since before university in 1999. The audience really enjoyed it, and so did I. I hope to do more in the future.
  • Today I sat in the sunshine and ate various kinds of grilled meat with my friends until we could eat it no more.
  • Fail: messing up editing projects through ignorance about iMovie. Booh yah!: Regular backups and one click restores with Time Machine; a system-wide Cmd-Z.
  • I'm very pleased with myself for writing a python script that builds my entire new website for me. I'd probably be more impressed with myself if I learnt php and css and stuff instead.
  • I'm very pleased with myself for writing a python script that builds my entire new website for me. I'd probably be more impressed with myself if I learnt php and css and stuff instead.
    Save yourself a major headache and give PHP a pass in favor of Python. Seriously.