This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• A Mind Forever Voyaging. A damn fine game, and it's only 1/3 of a megabyte in size.
  • If anyone is interested the publisher of The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena game sent me a second copy of the game to give away. Contest details can be found here.
  • Red Orchestra is a pretty good game. The community isn't what it used to be, but there's almost always at least one full 50 player server up. Also, if you've got the juice to run Battlefield 2, the Project Reality mod is actually a better game than BF2 itself.
    I became a big fan of RO... it was on sale on Steam for something like $5, and I picked it up without being that interested. I really like that semi-realistic shooter experience. On a related note: I really like the Insurgency mod for HL2, but few seem to share my sentiments.
  • I am hopelessly addicted to Steamband (a mod of the rogue-like Angband). I've been playing it whenever I get frustrated by Cave Story, which I am slowly working my way through.

Outside of finally finding things I can enjoy on my Macbook, I've been playing Burnout 3 with the lady friend and now have a Wii for the summer, courtesy of a friend who lives in Hawaii and couldn't find a place to store all of her stuff. It's modded, so once I have some free time I'm going to beat the Punch-Out games and work on my summer project: get 100% on everything in Yoshi's Island. I'm on the second world at the moment, and the game is such an amazing nostalgia trip so far.

Oh, and outside of vidjergames, I'm planning a unique gameworld for a game of 2nd edition D&D I'm DMing. That should start around June.
  • Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection: mostly Shining Force 1&2 and Golden Axe
  • Plants vs. Zombies for my casual itch
    Pokemon Platinum for my handheld appeasement
    Civ IV because I plain never stop playing that game
  • It's weekend, isn't it? Log as of Sunday, May 17th, 13:00 hours. Been listening to AWO and playing DF since Saturday, May 16th, ~11:00 hours. Show #35. They just keep on talking, it's amazing.
  • Battlefield 2142
    Left 4 Dead
    Facebook Tetris
  • Left4Dead (Xbox 360)
    Mega Man ZX (DS)
  • Started playing Fable 2 again. Man, it's a fun game.
  • Plants vs Zombies
    L4D
    Yoshi's Island DS
  • Quake Live
    Half Life 2 (Yeah, I know.)
    Street Fighter III: Third Strike (because SFIV for PC isn't out til July.)
  • Yoshi's Island DS
    Good idea. Maybe I will play that.
  • Someone gave me a bunch of PSP isos last weekend at Acen. So I'm getting around to playing those.

Prinny: Can I really be the hero (hard as fuck, and the jumping system is fucking horrible. Decently fun game)
    Patapon (it's so so thus far)
  • Plants vs Zombies Demo
    Counter-Strike: Source
    Left 4 Dead

I really want to buy Killing Floor but I'm broke at the moment.
  • Just started Chrono Trigger, and finally picked up a copy of Soul Calibur II. Fun times will be had.
  • Tiger Woods 2008 - I just joined the PGA Tour, and made a couple of hundred g straight away. Shame there's nothing to spend it on.
    There's also a demo I'm writing up a review of for the Geeknights Fans blog. A teaser - it's what Spore could and should have been, at least in part.
  • -Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (Mainly Sonic 3, busting my balls to get the emeralds as fast as possible)
    -Fallout 3: Broken Steel
    -The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai (This one is incredibly fun, if mainly a mindless beat 'em up. However, it gets huge props for doing things NES Ninja Gaiden-style)
    -Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (I suck at console FPS games. I need to use to use the summer to actually become good at them before college)
    -Rez HD
    -"The Stack": The somewhat ominous moniker I give the collective body of 360 games I've been unable to finish during the year due to schoolwork. This one is going to take a while.
  • -"The Stack": The somewhat ominous moniker I give the collective body of 360 games I've been unable to finish during the year due to schoolwork. This one is going to take a while.
    My stack comprises of every decent game released in the past nine months, I know how you feel.
  • edited June 2009
    I got all of the Penumbra games over the weekend and so far (a few hours into Overture) it's been a $5 well spent. I don't think I've ever been more frightened by a video game or movie in my life. There's some really nice game mechanics at play, one my favorites being the stealth system.
    In Overture the main enemies are creepy dogs with glowing eyes which kill you in three hits, and your character is no good at all in combat. As a consequence of that you have to hide to survive, and the only way to do that is to crouch in the dark for a few seconds until the screen changes color. The cool part is that if the enemy gets close to you, you have to look away to avoid freaking out and revealing your location. This, along with some really awesome sound design, leaves you cowering in a dark corner, eyes to the wall, praying to the FSM that the unearthly growling beast behind you passes by without taking notice, and not knowing whether or not you're safe until the thing is breathing down your neck. My first impression of these enemies was so strong that even when I found out how to kill them I was scared shitless when they attacked.

In addition to that the puzzles are fun to solve (if a little generic at times), the interface makes for nicely immersive gameplay, and the writing and voice acting are quite good (especially in the case of a character named Red). The game has it's bugs and some of the graphical assets leave much to be desired, but I'd recommend it to most Survival Horror fans; It's a solid game.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I bought Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness from my local Blockbuster for 15 bucks. It's fun, but it is not worth 30 dollars.
  • Finally getting around to Assassin's Creed, thanks to Steam's $9.99 offer. Otherwise, still hanging tough with L4D and TF2.
  • Rollercoaster Tycoon
  • Sims 3, Drake's Fortune, Europa Universalis: Rome.
  • Super Metroid and Rock Band 2.
  • I bought Sacrifice on gog.com. I remember this game being on the shelves way back in the day, and never playing it. Basically, it's sort of like M:TG and sort of like an RTS. You are a character who walks around in real-time casting spells and ordering monsters around. I don't really expect this game to be awesome and hold my attention for a long time. It's just that I don't know of any other game that is like this one, and I want to learn from it. I am very interested in games which are real time and have strategy, but are not real time strategy games. Another example is a game like Metal Marines. There is a 25% off sale on strategy games on gog.com right now, so you can get Sacrifice for $4.50 with no DRM, and it "just works" on a modern Windows machine. If other people want to try it out and tell me what you think, it would be cool.
  • I'm having fun playing Iron Maiden on Rock Band 2, but other than that nothing much really lately. Currently waiting on Ghostbusters and the Turtles in Time remake.
  • A couple weeks ago Valve added Freedom Force and FF Vs. The Third Reich to Steam. I loves me some Jack Kirby-esque Silver-Age Underwear Pervert gaming action (I had purchased the original FF back in the day), so these immediately became a must-buy for me. The added bonus of them being 10% off at the time was icing on the cake, and knowing that the Steam version of FFvTTR wasn't going to leave Starforce droppings all over my PC was the ice cream on top of the cake. :) I've been playing them off and on, between working in rounds of Disciples: Sacred Lands on the laptop and forcing myself to finally finish Zelda: Phantom Hourglass on the DS.
  • Playing some Gears of War 2 and Left4Dead on the 360. Add me on Xbox Live if you'd like to play: "PeteyBlanco"