This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Wiimote more popular than Nunchuck?

edited November 2006 in Video Games
I was cruising a few electronics stores yesterday and I kept finding stores that had nunchucks but no wiimotes.

WTF? Don't they go together? I want to buy a wiimote now and mod it so when I do get my Wii I'll be ready.

What's with these $50 "Wii kits" I keep seeing that have a memory card, a cheesy wiimote cover and a plastic tray?

Comments

• I was cruising a few electronics stores yesterday and I kept finding stores that had nunchucks but no wiimotes.

WTF? Don't they go together? I want to buy a wiimote now and mod it so when I do get my Wii I'll be ready.
    Why would someone need more wiimotes? To play multiplayer games of course. Look at the selection of multiplayer games out now. Look at Wii Sports. For two-player action you should probably have two wiimotes and two nunchucks for boxing and possibly Madden. For four player action, there isn't much that requires four nunchucks. There are a small number of monkey ball minigames that require it. I guess you can play Madden 4p, but that's not a popular choice. And I don't know anything about the supposedly fun Rayman multiplayer. Intelligent people realize that right now there is only a need to have two nunchucks and four wiimotes total. Only stupid people or people with money to burn would consider spending $40 on extra nunchucks. The separate packaging of wiimotes and nunchucks is a bad thing at the Wii launch, but it's good in the long run. Not only does it mean more profits for Nintendo, but it means you don't have to buy a whole new set if a nunchuck breaks. Remember, the nunchuck is just the first of many attachments to the wiimote. They are going to try to sell you a lot of stuff that plugs into the wiimote, think DDR mats, Karaoke Mics and Guitars.
    What's with these $50 "Wii kits" I keep seeing that have a memory card, a cheesy wiimote cover and a plastic tray?
    Accessories be where the money is at. You won't catch me buying that. Get memory cards from Newegg, any SD will work. The jury is out on Wiimote covers. Plastic trays went out of style after the NES. We put our wii horizontal style!
  • Only stupid people or people with money to burn would consider spending $40 on extra nunchucks.
    Cough! Red Steel! (whatever people say, the game is still fun!)
  • As someone who does not yet own a Wii...

I thought most games required both a Wiimote and a nunchuk. Thus, I figured most people would buy one of each.

So, is anyone scalping wiimotes on Ebay yet?
  • So, is anyone scalping wiimotes on Ebay yet?
    Yup.
  • edited December 2006
    Regardless, this is an obvious conclusion. Wiimotes is THE controller, while the Nunchuck is an extension of said controller. Without a Wiimote, there can't be a Nunchuck.

The same can't be said for the converse. Without a Nunchuck, a Wiimote can still be very useful.
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • JUST OVER A DAY UNTIL I GET MY WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I've had mine for over 27 years.........
    I've had mine for over 27 years.........
    I guess they finally approved her surgery... :p