This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Rhythm Heaven
    Boing! Docomodake (barely touched)
    Starfy (As soon as my boyfriend has finished it.)
  • I just finished the new Ghostbusters game, which is surprisingly fun, and actually is good enough to be considered the third movie. Some of it is a little clunky, and not perfect, but its fun enough that you forgive the problems.
  • I just finished the new Ghostbusters game, which is surprisingly fun, and actually is good enough to be considered the third movie. Some of it is a little clunky, and not perfect, but its fun enough that you forgive the problems.
    I just started playing it and I am enjoying it greatly.
  • I got my hands on Madworld. Needless to say, I got my hands off that shit after not too long. Serves me right for thinking chainsaws and gratuitous gore can make a non-Gears game good.
  • I got my hands on Madworld. Needless to say, I got my hands off that shit after not too long. Serves me right for thinking chainsaws and gratuitous gore can make a non-Gears game good.
  • I installed Visual Boy Advance so I would have something to do all summer. So far I've been playing Pokemon Yellow and Wario Land 2. Anyone have any other Gameboy Color games I should check out?
  • I installed Visual Boy Advance so I would have something to do all summer. So far I've been playing Pokemon Yellow and Wario Land 2. Anyone have any other Gameboy Color games I should check out?
    The three Zelda games. Links' Awakening, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons. Metroid 2. Wario 3. That should take you long enough.
  • Finished Super Paper Mario and was very disappointed. It's a crappy RPG or a decent 2D platformer depending on how you look at it. Unfortunately it's not 1990 anymore, 2D platformers hold less appeal now that I can compare them to games like Mario Galaxy. I'm starting up Paper Mario now. Not expecting much of a challenge but hopping it will be as fun as Mario RPG.
  • I just finished Chrono Trigger and am now starting on Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow.
  • Unfortunately it's not 1990 anymore, 2D platformers hold less appeal now that I can compare them to games like Mario Galaxy.
    Fuck you, 2d platformers are awesome. Super Paper Mario isn't a 2d platformer, anyhow, since you can flip the screen and go into some weird 3d mode. That alone makes it non 2d.
  • Unfortunately it's not 1990 anymore, 2D platformers hold less appeal now that I can compare them to games like Mario Galaxy.
    Fuck you, 2d platformers are awesome. Super Paper Mario isn't a 2d platformer, anyhow, since you can flip the screen and go into some weird 3d mode. That alone makes it non 2d.
    2D platforming can still be fun but I find it limited. It is a well defined genre that I have played allot. For me to derive much joy from a 2D platformer now it would have to be as good if not made much better then the platformers I played in the past. Is there many 2D platformers now that are made as well as Super Mario 3? I have heard good things about Viewtiful Joe though I plan to try that game out soon.

Also, yes Super Paper Mario isn't exactly a 2D platformer. But the vast majority of the game played as a 2D platformer with unique power ups given by the pixl's. I only went into 3D when I needed to solve puzzles or was checking for hidden blocks. Besides these times I found no reason to use the flip ability and played the entire game in 2D. Perhaps I played it wrong? I don't know.
  • I just went on a XBox Live Arcade buying spree and got Virtual On, Bionic Commando: Rearmed, Carcassonne, Catan, and Ikaruga. I desperately want someone to play against online in these games that I actually know. Any takers? My Gamer Tag is TheRocketHammer.
  • Tag is always fun.
  • I just went on a XBox Live Arcade buying spree and got Virtual On, Bionic Commando: Rearmed, Carcassonne, Catan, and Ikaruga. I desperately want someone to play against online in these games that I actually know. Any takers? My Gamer Tag is TheRocketHammer.
    Out of your big list-o-games, I only have Caracassonne, but I'd be more than happy to play. Add me as a friend. My gamertag is Sochalist. Same goes for anyone else on the forum, just leave a voice message so I know who you are.
  • I got an iPhone Friday so I've been playing a couple games I had heard good things about. Mostly a lot of Drop7 and FlightControl, and just picked up WordFu and Topple2 today.
  • I have far too many games to play right now, and I love it:

the Brothers in Arms series
    Men of War - $7.50? What a deal!
    Star Wars: Republic Commando, for the Rebel FM Game Club
    Anno 1404, or as it is called on Steam, Dawn of Discovery
  • Men of War - $7.50? What a deal!
    This, so much.
  • This, so much.
    Fuck me, I should have jumped on that. I need to get myself a pre-paid credit card or something so I don't have to pester the parents every time there's an awesome Steam sale.
    Out of your big list-o-games, I only have Caracassonne, but I'd be more than happy to play. Add me as a friend. My gamertag is Sochalist. Same goes for anyone else on the forum, just leave a voice message so I know who you are.
    I have Carcassonne and Catan. I'm Rosaka on XBL. Feel free to add me so we can play. ^_^
  • I have Carcassonne and Catan. I'm Rosaka on XBL. Feel free to add me so we can play. ^_^
    I sent you a friend request a few months ago and you haven't accepted it.
  • I have Carcassonne and Catan. I'm Rosaka on XBL. Feel free to add me so we can play. ^_^
    I sent you a friend request a few months ago and you haven't accepted it.
    You did? Well I'll send you a request and we'll see how it goes.
  • Currently Playing:
    Patapon 2
    FFTA2 (should be done by now...whatever)
    Fire Emblem DS
  • Men of War - $7.50? What a deal!
    This, so much.
    It's great, but it's hard!

I like that only soldiers have hit points (but very few, one or two bullets and they go down), and tanks have armour that gradually loses effectiveness until a shell breaks through and destroys a component, usually in one hit; I've always hated games where a guy with a pistol could eventually shoot a tank to bits, and in this game only the heaviest of rounds have a chance against a tank. I also like the idea that any soldier with an anti-tank grenade can cripple or destroy a tank - if he can get close enough without being torn up by MG fire. Makes for a balanced game, by neutralising tank rushes if cover and concealment are employed properly.
  • I added 'Splosion Man and the Secret of Monkey Island to the ever growing list of XBLA games today, and will be adding Marvel VS Capcom 2 to the roster on Wednesday.
  • My Hori stick should be here on Wednesday and I'll be picking up MvC2 as well. I've been itching to get back in the game on some fighting goodness, but the stock 360 pads SUCK when it comes to trying to pull anything off in HDR and SFIV. I also have Carcassonne and Catan - feel free to send a friend request to Techparadox and If we're ever online at the same time I'd be more than up for a game or two!
  • Rise, my creation! Rise!

Muramasa: The Demon Blade
    Metroid Prime (the Wii version)
    Odin Sphere
  • I've also been playing Odin Sphere, along with Okami and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor.
  • I've been playing Red Faction: Guerilla, and recently I finish Batman: Arkham Asylum, and Shadow Complex.
  • I still need to play Okami, especially with the sequel coming out. I should pick up the Wii version sooner or later. I can probably get it used.
  • Wii Sports Resort (Fencing is fun!)
    World of Warcraft..

I really want to play some Left4dead or quakelive but haven't seen many people playing lately.