This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekChat - Friday 19th, All Welcome.

edited June 2009 in Forum Stuff
It has been decided, Friday night, from 2300GMT/1800EST until whenever the wheels fall off, join your fellow forum members in joys of all things geekish and rambling.

Update: "darkfasa" is now hosting. Add "darkfasa".

To join:
  1. Add "Omnutia" to your Skype contacts and include "Geekchat" somewhere in the introduction message.
  2. IM me sometime around when the Geekchat starts.
  3. If you come in late and I am offline, come back to this thread for instructions.
Please bring your own drinks, drills and topics to discuss.
If you have a topic to discuss you don't want to forget it, why not post it in this thread?

I may also be running a Drawpile server but that depends on how well it works while Skype is running.

Update: I will be hosting the first part of the Geekchat.

Comments

• Hopefully the wheels will stay on long enough for me to say hello. I probably won't be on until 10 P.M. EST time.
  • Hopefully the wheels will stay on long enough for me to say hello. I probably won't be on until 10 P.M. EST time.
    We'll have make-shift wheels after the second hour or so. They'll carry us for the other 4+ hours.
  • We'll have make-shift wheels after the second hour or so. They'll carry us for the other 4+ hours.
    Wheels of caffeine, bad jokes and sleep deprivation I hope.
  • edited June 2009
    Hmm, so where I'm at it will be 0900 on Saturday morning. I guess I'll have to wake up early for once (it's 0400 on Friday right now over here).
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Hmm, so where I'm at it will be 0900 on Saturday morning. I guess I'll have to wake up early for once (it's 0400 on Friday right now over here).
    9:00 a.m. is early for you? Sleeping until 8:30 a.m. on a weekend is a crazy luxury for me.
  • edited June 2009
    Hmm, so where I'm at it will be 0900 on Saturday morning. I guess I'll have to wake up early for once (it's 0400 on Friday right now over here).
    9:00 a.m. is early for you? Sleeping until 8:30 a.m. on a weekend is a crazy luxury for me.
    Wait, you wake up in the morning on weekends?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Yeah, well I'm still a university student; a particularly lazy one who skips early morning lectures (typically 8am lectures for which I'd have to wake up at 6am) on weekdays.

For university I typically wake up ~8am, but we're on end-of-semester exams right now.
  • Hmm, so where I'm at it will be 0900 on Saturday morning. I guess I'll have to wake up early for once (it's 0400 on Friday right now over here).
    Wait, you wake up in the morning on weekends?
    Yes, and by the time I get up, Mr. MacRoss has been up playing video games for at least an hour.
  • Hmmm... I think that's 11 for me. I'd love to finally be apart of this!
  • Same here, as the rare opportunity has opened up to be off Friday night.
  • edited June 2009
    I've added instructions to the original post.
    Would anyone like to volunteer to host the second half or am I going to have to choose someone?
  • I've added instructions to the original post.
    Would anyone like to volunteer to host the second half or am I going to have to choose someone?
    I'll do my best - I've got a phat pipe all to myself right now, so I'll give it a go.
  • I've added instructions to the original post.
    I'll do my best - I've got a phat pipe all to myself right now, so I'll give it a go.
    You also happen to be in the UK so by the time the east coast comes online, it'll be morning.
  • If it's still going by the time I get back (7pm-ish PST), I'll join in the merriment. Until then, Have fun!
  • edited June 2009
    I've added instructions to the original post.
    You also happen to be in the UK so by the time the east coast comes online, it'll be morning.
    I just realised I'm double booked, buuuuuuuuut I'm canceling the other.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I just realised I'm double booked, buuuuuuuuut I'm canceling the other.
    If Churba's in, you can count me in. I'm working though, so I can probably join by 9pm EST.
    edited June 2009
    DISREGARD THAT, GREY SUCKS at reading CLOCKS.
    Post edited by ... on
  • 6:00 p.m. Eastern? Kinda early...
  • So is Geekchat going on. I tried Skyping Omnutia, but nothing doing.
  • So is Geekchat going on. I tried Skyping Omnutia, but nothing doing.
    It starts in about 1 hour or so.
  • edited June 2009
    Yea, I may be in like around 7 or 8.. gees
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Yea, I may be in like around 7 or 8.. geez
    Awright! Some of the FRC will be there at least!!
  • It starts in about 1 hour or so.
    You mean two (as of your time of posting)? Remember, daylight savings time.
  • edited June 2009
    It starts in about 1 hour or so.
    Just to check. Time in New York = 5:51, London = 10:51. We're live in a few muinits, just IM me to join.
  • It starts in about 1 hour or so.
    Well it seems close enough as Omnutia has already logged onto Skype. I'm gonna ring him up when maybe, I dunno, 4 or another substantially large number of people log on.
  • Just to check. Time inNew York= 5:51,London= 10:51. We're live in a few muinits, just IM me to join.
    EDT != EST, BST != GMT. Christ such failure.
  • Indeed...
    Also, I IM'd darkfasa and omnutia and got no response.
  • It appears, after many troubles, that the only rock in the sea, is me. I host, with force, but Grey keeps falling. :<
  • Joining in 5 minutes if anyone is still there. Damn work.
  • 'twas fun! We should do this more often.