This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Comments

• First photos of Aang and Zuko from the Avatar movie.I've gotta say, Dev Patel is perfect for the role of Zuko, gotdamn! After seeing him inSlumdog Millionaire, my complete and total trust is in him.
    The requested document was not found.
  • Repost of the link with the Avatar Pics. I didn't feel like editing my original post 'cause I'm lazy. My comments still stand though.
  • Repost of the link with the Avatar Pics.I didn't feel like editing my original post 'cause I'm lazy. My comments still stand though.
    Interesting. Zuko does look good. Can't say I really like the Aang kid. He's a little too chubby, and seems too short. But whatever, our complaints could go on eternally.
  • Repost of the link with the Avatar Pics.I didn't feel like editing my original post 'cause I'm lazy. My comments still stand though.
    Interesting. Zuko does look good. Can't say I really like the Aang kid. He's a little too chubby, and seems too short. But whatever, our complaints could go on eternally.
    Until we see a trailer, the verdict is still out.
  • Until we see a trailer, the verdict is still out.
    How about now? Mind you, this is just a teaser trailer.

I actually started watching the series on Sunday since it's on streaming Netflix. I can see why people love the series. I'm already hooked. I look forward to the rest of the series as well as the movie.
  • edited June 2009
    Until we see a trailer, the verdict is still out.
    How about now?Mind you, this is just a teaser trailer.
    I miss Don LaFontaine.
    If I don't find anything else to watch, I may take up watching avatar.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I remain skeptical.
  • Yeah, the trailer was decent, but that kid as Aang just doesn't do it for me. Although, I do love the CGI on the Fire Nation ships.
    I will go see it, 'cause I'm a fanboy, but I refuse to get my hopes up.
  • edited June 2009
    Yeah, the trailer was decent, but that kid as Aang just doesn't do it for me. Although, I do love the CGI on the Fire Nation ships.
    Good to see you're still around. I know you posted in the "right university" thread, but I wasn't really watching that one.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Yeah, the trailer was decent, but that kid as Aang just doesn't do it for me. Although, I do love the CGI on the Fire Nation ships.
    Good to see you're still around. I know you posted in the "right university" thread, but I wasn't really watching that one.
    Eh, lurking was getting too boring...
    Eh, lurking was getting too boring...
    Good.
  • Today's Penny Arcade seems relevant to this thread.
  • Today'sPenny Arcadeseems relevant to this thread.
    Which is funny and great, because I didn't know either of them watched ATLA.
  • Today'sPenny Arcadeseems relevant to this thread.
    lulz.
  • GeoGeo
    edited June 2009
    I for one am impressed, but I remain skeptical. I'm confident though that Dev Patel will perform very well in the movie though as he is an actor to be reckoned with if Slumdog Millionaire has told me anything.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • GeoGeo
    edited June 2009

I don't know if anyone posted this yet, but I think I will since it is absolutely fascinating.
    Post edited by Andrew on

• I don't know if anyone posted this yet, but I think I will since it is absolutely fascinating.
    I've already heard a lot of this, but it is very interesting, albeit kinda old. I can tell that Shyamalan likes the series and has a good goal, but I'm still afraid for what it could become. I can only hope Michael and Bryan can lead him in the right direction.
  • Well, I've just finished the series. I honestly have to say that was probably one of the best animated series that I've seen in a long time. I'm glad I own it, and look forward to rewatching it with my boyfriend and sharing it with friends.

I really enjoyed how they made the animation a lot more detailed in the last few episodes. Those fight scenes were epic.

Now, what to watch next...
  • Well, I've just finished the series. I honestly have to say that was probably one of the best animated series that I've seen in a long time. I'm glad I own it, and look forward to rewatching it with my boyfriend and sharing it with friends.

I really enjoyed how they made the animation a lot more detailed in the last few episodes. Those fight scenes were epic.

That is the question that plagues and perplexes all us Avatar fans. I felt the series ended the way it should have because that last scene was appropriate and sweet.

That is the question that plagues and perplexes all us Avatar fans. I felt the series ended the way it should have because that last scene was appropriate and sweet.
    To lazy to read 4 pages, but their making a live action movie with that Shamalan guy as the director. I nearly jizzed my pants when I saw the trailer.

To lazy to read 4 pages, but their making a live action movie with that Shamalan guy as the director. I nearly jizzed my pants when I saw the trailer.
    If that's so then why didn't you make your comment a singular one instead of a quoted one? Not that I care, but your comment is unrelated to the other two.
  • If that's so then why didn't you make your comment a singular one instead of a quoted one? Not that I care, but your comment is unrelated to the other two.
    The same stupidity that made him type out 'jizzed in my pants', like every other tard on the internet. He also brought new and exciting information.
  • The same stupidity that made him type out 'jizzed in my pants', like every other tard on the internet. He also brought new and exciting information.
    The same that made him type "their" instead of "they're," and "to" instead of "too" as well, I'm sure.
    While we're on the topic of grammar, I think that "'tard" should be written with an apostrophe.
  • The same stupidity that made him type out 'jizzed in my pants', like every other tard on the internet. He also brought new and exciting information.
    The same that made him type "their" instead of "they're," and "to" instead of "too" as well, I'm sure.
    While we're on the topic of grammar, I think that "'tard" should be written with an apostrophe.
    It really should. Honestly. I hate when people use those words without the apostrophe, mainly 'cause. That just bothers me.
  • While we're on the topic of grammar, I think that "'tard" should be written with an apostrophe.
    No, that would screw up the other insult, 'turd'. I picked middle ground.
  • GeoGeo
    edited July 2009
    "According to an interview with the artists of Avatar, Appa's design was based on the Catbus in My Neighbor Totoro, due to the peculiar task of creating a mammal with six legs.

Avatar draws inspiration from Shinichiro Watanabe's Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo, as well as FLCL (Fooly Cooly) of Gainax. Other various studios from which inspiration was drawn include Studio 4°C, Production I.G, and Studio Ghibli. Bryan has commented that some of his most cherished Watanabe fight scenes were the fight between Bebop's Spike Spiegel and a drug smuggler in "Asteroid Blues" as well as the duel between Mugen and a blind female Jojutsu-user in the Champloo episode "Elegy of Entrapment (Verse 2)." Avatar director Giancarlo Volpe also claims the staff "were all ordered to buy FLCL and watch every single episode of it." Avatar draws inspiration from Shinichiro Watanabe's Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo, as well as FLCL (Fooly Cooly) of Gainax. Other various studios from which inspiration was drawn include Studio 4°C, Production I.G, and Studio Ghibli. Bryan has commented that some of his most cherished Watanabe fight scenes were the fight between Bebop's Spike Spiegel and a drug smuggler in "Asteroid Blues" as well as the duel between Mugen and a blind female Jojutsu-user in the Champloo episode "Elegy of Entrapment (Verse 2)." Avatar director Giancarlo Volpe also claims the staff "were all ordered to buy FLCL and watch every single episode of it."
    I was reading this on the Avatar Wiki, and I was so happy when I heard about their inspirations cause it's a step in the right direction for the possible future of mass appeal of anime not just as an art form, but as a valid form of entertainment that isn't shunned by the majority of people.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • "According to an interview with the artists of Avatar, Appa's design was based on the Catbus in My Neighbor Totoro, due to the peculiar task of creating a mammal with six legs.

Avatar draws inspiration from Shinichiro Watanabe's Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo, as well as FLCL (Fooly Cooly) of Gainax. Other various studios from which inspiration was drawn include Studio 4°C, Production I.G, and Studio Ghibli. Bryan has commented that some of his most cherished Watanabe fight scenes were the fight between Bebop's Spike Spiegel and a drug smuggler in "Asteroid Blues" as well as the duel between Mugen and a blind female Jojutsu-user in the Champloo episode "Elegy of Entrapment (Verse 2)." Avatar director Giancarlo Volpe also claims the staff "were all ordered to buy FLCL and watch every single episode of it." Avatar draws inspiration from Shinichiro Watanabe's Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo, as well as FLCL (Fooly Cooly) of Gainax. Other various studios from which inspiration was drawn include Studio 4°C, Production I.G, and Studio Ghibli. Bryan has commented that some of his most cherished Watanabe fight scenes were the fight between Bebop's Spike Spiegel and a drug smuggler in "Asteroid Blues" as well as the duel between Mugen and a blind female Jojutsu-user in the Champloo episode "Elegy of Entrapment (Verse 2)." Avatar director Giancarlo Volpe also claims the staff "were all ordered to buy FLCL and watch every single episode of it."
    I was reading this on the Avatar Wiki, and I was so happy when I heard about their inspirations 'cause it's a step in the right direction for the possible future of mass appeal of anime not just as an art form, but as a valid form of entertainment that isn't shunned by the majority of people.
    Anime isn't shunned by the majority of people. Most people I talk to don't hate anime, they just don't prefer it themselves.
  • While we're on the topic of grammar, I think that "'tard" should be written with an apostrophe.
    No, that would screw up the other insult, 'turd'. I picked middle ground.
    Actualy, come to think, it wouldn't, because turd isn't an abbreviation, but 'tard is.
  • I like the term "re-re" over 'tard.
  • I hadn't heard that one before. Not bad.