This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Franken Wins in Minnesota Supreme Court

edited June 2009 in Politics
A unanimous ruling by the MN Supreme Court says Al Franken has the most votes and is entitled to the certificate of election as the junior Senator from Minnesota. A post from the blog Politics in Minnesota is here. It was not clear to me that the ruling orders Governor Pawlenty to sign the certificate, but he indicated in the past that if the court ruled for Franken, he would sign.

Now we get to see Coleman's next move: Federal Court? Go home?

Events shall unfold anon.

Comments

• How long has this taken? I am sure that the people of Minnesota are so pleased that they are lacking representation for so long. This is ridiculous.
  • Basically this just cements Coleman's reputation as one awful Senator. There was absolutely no way he could have done anything anymore to overturn the result which has been known for months now and the only reason he did was to keep the Democrats from gaining another Senate seat. Basically all he did was put politics ahead of his constituents.

Good to see it finally confirmed and I hope Franken gets seated ASAP.
  • Basically all he did was put politics ahead of his constituents.
    Like the entire state of New York!
  • Fucking finally. The good people of Minnesota, not to mention the Democrats, have been denied a vote in the Senate for half a year due to this bullshit.
  • edited July 2009
    Basically all he did was put politics ahead of his constituents.
    Like the entire state of New York!
    QFT! I am not happy about the political defection, but now that it happened move on and keep the State running. GAH!
    Post edited by Kate Monster on