This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Gmod Tower

edited July 2009 in Video Games
nMa-zx4dLnA
The "tour" starts at 2:30

Honestly, I want to play this so bad. Honestly, I think this would be amazing for the forum.

Comments

• Honestly, I think this would be amazing for the forum.
    It would be like a Gmod-enhanced Geekchat.
  • Yeah, no.
  • My expectations are not very high, but I think it could be fun if you played with the right people. I mean, It probably isn't very good, but I'm withholding judgment until I give it a try.
  • edited July 2009
    If it's good, I'd be comfortable chipping in so we could have our own FRC forum G tower on some dedicated server.

EDIT: Apparently it doesn't work that way...

EDIT: ehh, I'd need Garry's mod, HL2: Episode 2, and Counter strike source? That adds up pretty quickly....
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Honestly, I want to play this so bad. Honestly, I think this would be amazing for the forum.
    I can see that this could be cool, but it apparently requires a lot of prep. A much simpler idea (and it's something I've thought about recruiting for here before) is Wurm Online. It's sort of an MMO, but it's one of a kind (as far as I know). It's a 3D, Java based (no, don't stop reading!) fantasy world simulator. As in, you have to look for food and water, build houses, grow crops, that kind of stuff. Bears kill you really easy, and giant spiders... hooo boy. And later on, you can build siege engines and conquer territory from the opposing kingdoms. Anyway, if you set up a village, you get a village chat system, which makes for a nice place to hang out while you mine, build, farm, hunt, trade and explore. And the cool thing for me is that every tool, weapon, vehicle and scrap of food in the game (except for the crappy stuff you start with) is made by the players, and can be traded or sold to other players for in-game currency (which costs real money, but it's not terribly expensive, and you really can survive without it - I know I did).

Point is, a village with a bunch of FRC forumites could rock really hard. Read the link if any of this sounds interesting - I think I'd like to go back there, having been away from it for well over a year, and I wouldn't mind having a few you guys along for the ride. Also, if any of you know of a better version of this type of game, let me know. Particularly if it involves space ships. Pew pew, pewpewpew!
  • EDIT: ehh, I'd need Garry's mod, HL2: Episode 2, and Counter strike source? That adds up pretty quickly....
    You don't already own these things?
  • EDIT: ehh, I'd need Garry's mod, HL2: Episode 2, and Counter strike source? That adds up pretty quickly....
    You don't already own these things?
    Nyet. I have HL1, HL2, and HL2:EP1.