This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Being Human

edited July 2009 in Everything Else
Sorry to create two threads about TV shows in one day, but I've been watching Being Human on BBC America. This has been out in the UK for over a year, but it is new to the States. I've only seen a couple of episodes, but it seems promising. Each character has a lot to offer and I hope the series capitalizes on the character development. It has been by turns touching and amusing, so I look forward to seeing more. Has anyone seen all of Season (Series) 1 yet? Does it hold up?

Comments

• There really needs to be Television Show or series (not anime or manga) category. Rym and Scott, it would be in your best interest to get on that.
  • It more than holds up, it gets better as the season goes on. The characters become more developed, the plot comes together nicely and the end game is pretty much spot on. Plus there is one episode later on in the season that is by far the stand out one, although it is hard to talk about without spoiling it.
  • There really needs to be Television Show or series (not anime or manga) category. Rym and Scott, it would be in your best interest to get on that.
    We don't watch television.
    But others do and what about things from TV you watch online? Mmm?
  • \
    There really needs to be Television Show or series (not anime or manga) category. Rym and Scott, it would be in your best interest to get on that.
    But others do and what about things from TV you watch online? Mmm?
    Yeah! It's not all about you Scott! :P
    While, I think it's a decent idea and probably wouldn't hurt, I really don't think it's something that NEEDS to be done right away. Nor is it something that is in their best interest. You make it sound like if they don't make a new category the forums right here and now, people will leave.

If people want to talk about shows, they can just do a search.
  • It more than holds up, it gets better as the season goes on. The characters become more developed, the plot comes together nicely and the end game is pretty much spot on. Plus there is one episode later on in the season that is by far the stand out one, although it is hard to talk about without spoiling it.
    Yeah, couldn't agree more. My only complaint is how and whyHerrick cops it in the final episode. Didn't make a whole lot of sense. Otherwise, an interesting, fun, sometimes dark show.
  • edited July 2009
    I think I watch more television shows now that I don't own an actual television. TV on DVD is one of great triumphs of mankind and we're in an age now where it's acceptable for huge talent to work in TV as opposed to film. The obvious next step is for critically acclaimed actors like Ben Kingsly and Will Smith to take paid roles in LARPing events.
    Post edited by BrutishSaucer on