This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Code Geass

edited July 2007 in Anime
Holy Crap!!!

The season finale movers Code Geass from 'good' to 'among the best' of robot animes. Please a good second season, Sunrise!!

Go Watch This Now!!

Comments

• edited April 2008
    I searched for "Code Geass" and this (old) thread came up. So there have been new developments. The first episode of the second season aired very recently.The first season was very good at developing the plot with who-knew-what, where and when, which became rather complicated. The end of the first season brought all this to a head, and then ended very suddenly. This new season appears to not be as heavy on using asymmetric-knowledge as a plot device, otherwise it looks very promising. Anyone else watching this show?
    Post edited by spotdart on
  • Other people seem to like it. If you haven't seen it, you should totally check it out!
  • Pizza Hut?!
  • The Pizza Hut product-placement is pretty outrageous, especially since it's the only brand of anything (real or fake) that I've been able to distinguish.
  • The second anime that used BLATANT Pizza Hut product-placement was Darker Than Black of 2006/7.

I'm not sure how Pizza Hut can afford to do this, but does present the opportunity for the Japanese to become corpulent. Their time has come.

As far as the subject of the thread, I am a super fan of Code Geass. It's always a good day when I find a main character smarter than me (sherlock Holmes, Yagami Light, Groundskeeper Willie,) and LeLouche is intelligent on a terrorist level. I'm surprised as how one show juggles high school, robots, political commentary, character development AND the supernatural with such a sparkly, technicolor ease. Until Baccano premiered last year, I thought Geass was the next step in anime. Always glad to be proven wrong.
  • At Otakon 2008 I noticed quite a few of the good AMVs used footage from Code Geass and I thought that I should check out the series. Things got in the way and I never got around to it. Then Otakon 2009 happened and once again there were many great AMVs that used Geass. This time when I got home I got both seasons.

A week later I had seen all of it. Code Geass roxorz my socksorz. While it has its fair share of plot holes and refrigerator logic , I had a fantastic time watching it. It reminded me of Evangelion and Death Note.

This spoiler tag references the stuff that goes though the end of the series. One of the features I found compelling in this series was the characters. Both Lelouch vi Britannia and Suzaku Kururugi are fighting for nearly the same ideological reason, but they almost kill each other in the process. Suzaku's eventual realization that sometimes the end justifies the means.

BTW: Cool AMV of Code Geass that I feel matches it well. **Massive spoilers, including some form the last episode!** Code Geass: What Have You Done by Within Temptation
  • edited August 2009
    Code geass was the second anime I watched. I used to think Code Geass was good. Then I watched cowboy bebop.
    Post edited by Nine Boomer on
  • Code geass was the second anime I watched. I used to think Code Geass was good. Then I watched cowboy bebop.
    That's kinda unfair to Code Geass. Nothing is as good as Cowboy Bebop...
  • Code geass was the second anime I watched. I used to think Code Geass was good. Then I watched cowboy bebop.
    That's kinda unfair to Code Geass. Nothing is as good as Cowboy Bebop...
    If I didn't get my point accross, then what I meant to say is that I thought Code Geass was awesome because I had no frame of reference.