This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Crazy Japanese anime Sports

edited December 2006 in Anime
So this Anime is dear to me but still is crazy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-Ngn2Jpris&mode=related&search=

Comments

• Omg that reminds me of watching Prince of Tennis!!

Anime + Sports = teh awesome

Every sports anime I've seen holds a special place in my heart, for example:
    Hajime No Ippo
    Major
    Prince of Tennis ( I don't care I still love the show )

And my favorite sport is soccer, so I must find Captain Tsubasa ^_^
  • Initial D is king of sports anime. lol
  • I remember one of the first anime I ever watched was a golf one where the guy would hit the ball into the little flag on the pole and it would drop neatly into the hole. Ignoring the laws of physics which I didn't care back when I was like 7, that show was the shiznit \o/
  • I remember one of the first anime I ever watched was a golf one where the guy would hit the ball into the little flag on the pole and it would drop neatly into the hole. Ignoring the laws of physics which I didn't care back when I was like 7, that show was the shiznit \o/
    I did that in Wii Sports Golf, it was AMAZING!
  • Which came first--Shaolin Soccer or Captain Tsubasa J? (I know Tsubasa is earlier by far; I mean this particular iteration).
  • I think Captain Tsubasa J is from 1994-95 (because, I saw it in spanish), and Shaolin Soccer is from around 2001. Captain Tsubasa road to 2002 is the weakest of all of them in my opinion, if only because it had no ending.
  • edited December 2006
    Captain Tsubasa was one of the first anime shows I ever watched.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited December 2006
    It's amazing to think that a dubbed and localized version of this show is being broadcast in IRAQ of all places.
    Post edited by RichLather on
  • Well, soccer is loved everywhere.
  • Well, soccer is loved everywhere.
    Hehe, ridiculously so. I'm not much of a sports fan and don't really follow the games, but it's amazing to see how electrified people are by the matches and in supporting their teams. My geography prof remarked on it as a method of fostering national unity and national identity in countries around the world; who'd think one game could do so much?