This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• All I'm playing is Street Fighter IV. Don't really have time for anything else.
  • I re-installed Deus Ex a couple days ago.

I forgot how awesome this game was.
  • Fallout 3 (I'm pretty hooked, I might end up buying the add on packs as well)

Replayed Crysis and Crysis Warhead recently and thought they have the ingredients to make some awesome multiplayer action but it doesn't help that the majority of people can't play these games on their systems.

Steet Fighter 4 for PC sold out almost everywhere and none with game pads or joy sticks with SF4 art. Will have to hunt a copy down and buy an Xbox 360 or other gamepad, actually the Xbox 360 controller would be crap because you need 6 buttons available to your thumb...
  • Steet Fighter 4 for PC sold out almost everywhere
    Not down with Steam?
    It's 50% off on Steam right now shh don't tell anyone.
  • Oh I forgot to mention I'm also playing Prof. Layton 2... well I was, I just finished it. Well the story at least.
  • BF2 as the new v1.5 patch finally came out this week...four years after release.
    It's 50% off on Steam right now shh don't tell anyone.
    Oh crap, I didn't even think of doing that, I usually don't use STEAM as my launcher and have only been playing single player games recently without an internet connection.
    Thanks
  • edited September 2009
    For the most part I've been playing STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl with the Stalker Complete mod installed. Despite the dated graphics (I had to scale the mod down a bit) the atmosphere in this game incredibly oppressive. Most recently I sneaked out of a bandit hideout and fended off a pack of wild dogs. Within an inch of death I slept in the rain, bleeding badly, hungry, and alone in the wilderness. Packs of mutated animals howled in the distance, along with the occasional, violent sound of an anomaly crushing one of them into a bloody mess. The relief of waking up to a sunrise was almost palpable, though not without the twinge that comes from knowing that there are bandits everywhere, and if you don't stay on guard they will kill you very quickly. All I could do was reload my pistol and head out.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Most recently I sneaked out of a bandit hideout and fended off a pack of wild dogs. Within an inch of death I slept in the rain, bleeding badly, hungry, and alone in the wilderness. Packs of mutated animals howled in the distance, along with the occasional, violent sound of an anomaly crushing one of them into a bloody mess. The relief of waking up to a sunrise was almost palpable, though not without the twinge that comes from knowing that there are bandits everywhere, and if you don't stay on guard theywillkill you very quickly. All I could do was reload my pistol and head out.
    Oh my god. Why didn't anyone tell me this game existed?
  • Rock Band 2
    Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
    Miner Dig Deep
    Elements: The Card Game
  • League of Legends (PC) Bytes is my nick on the game. Hit me up for a match.
  • I just got a new laptop, so I've been playing some HL2 and TF2; in short order, I'll also probably be playing QuakeLive and LFD. Any recommendations for Steam downloads? World of Goo is amazing, but $20 seems a bit pricey...
  • After blitzing TF2 for a while, I decided I need an RPG to hold me over until Diablo 3, so I picked up Titan Quest on Steam for $20. Not bad, does what it says on the tin, but little else. It's more or less a direct Diablo clone but with a classical mythology setting instead of gothic horror.
  • I was expecting Fallout 3 to be longer, it seems they just wanted the end user to buy 4 freaking add ons to continue the story.
    I honestly thought the main quest line along the story of finding Dad and helping to clear the water or poison it was the first of 3 to 5 quests, and yes I was playing on the hardest difficulty and completed all marked side quests.
    I was also expecting more from the graphics but still good.

I can't wait to move into my next apartment so I can get a hardline broadband again (because multiplayer is the main sticking factor for me).
  • I've been playing EarthBound recently. All I can say at this point is that it's a strange and wonderful game that makes for a nice change after playing so much STALKER.
  • Just played D&D Online for an hour or so. Completed two quests. It's free to play now, but even that price is too high.
  • Just played D&D; Online for an hour or so. Completed two quests. It's free to play now, but even that price is too high.
    Yeah, I did about the same. The tile puzzle was novel, but way too easy. Overall, no different to my experience with WoW all those years ago. If I read that teamplay makes for a better game, I may try and rope some friends into it, but I doubt it.
  • I've played a bit of Earthbound as well, after the recommendation on the podcast. I like what I've played, but it hasn't ramped up as quickly as Mother 3 (which I also played the first few chapters of).
  • Just played D&D; Online for an hour or so. Completed two quests. It's free to play now, but even that price is too high.
    Yeah, I did about the same. The tile puzzle was novel, but way too easy. Overall, no different to my experience with WoW all those years ago. If I read that teamplay makes for a better game, I may try and rope some friends into it, but I doubt it.
    At PAX in the swag bag was a free copy of the LotR MMO. It has 30 days of free play, and also includes four "buddy keys" that let friends play with you for 14 days free. I'm going to do that demo and the WoW demo this weekend. It will be the weekend of MMO demos. Are there any others out there I should try out while I'm at it?
  • I've heard things about Champions Online, which may or may not still be in open beta.
  • edited September 2009
    EVE has a free trial. I've never played it, but compared to other MMOs I've heard a lot of good and not nearly as much bad.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Are there any others out there I should try out while I'm at it?
    I've mentioned it on the forums before, but Wurm Online is maybe worth investigating, if only because it's nothing like WoW. It looks like butt, has a steep learning curve, but you genuinely feel like you can change the world. Everything in the game (save for the starter tools) is made by players, from tools to houses, and it takes real effort. I'd hesitate to call it grinding, but creating things can be repetitive if done alone. You can terraform the land, create roads, explore terrain that perhaps no-one else has seen. It may not be your cup of tea, Scott, but I'd be interested to know if other people have tried it, or are willing to, or if there are MMOs like it that I've not heard of.
    I've heard things about Champions Online, which may or may not still be in open beta.
    It's out now, but there is no free trial, AFAIK.
  • Just beat Mirror's Edge but I'm still playing the Races. I'm also playing Wii fit(if that even counts), Castle crashers and soon Braid. I'm so behind on gaming!
  • Even though I just finished Diamond again after quitting Pokemon for a long time, I picked up Platinum today and have been picking through it. Hoping I don't get too fatigued of it before long.

Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to play some FPSes and such on Steam cause of school. Hopefully this weekend I can do something.
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2009
    I've been playing EarthBound recently. All I can say at this point is that it's a strange and wonderful game that makes for a nice change after playing so much STALKER.
    I've played a bit of Earthbound as well, after the recommendation on the podcast. I like what I've played, but it hasn't ramped up as quickly as Mother 3 (which I also played the first few chapters of).
    I'm proud that more people here are starting to play this game. Seriously, every forumite must play Earthbound at least once. You don't have to play it if you don't like it, but how could you not? It's one of those games that is like a diamond in the rough and there aren't many games like it (in terms of style and differences from most games) out there. Once you start playing it, I level with you 90% that you most likely will not stop playing. If you like wacky humor that will take you off guard, this is the game for you. Let me give you an example that I always love giving when I describe the humor of the game.

Setting: Inside a gigantic dungeon made by a guy named Brick Road. You come across his vehicle collection. You see a submarine that is yellow for some reason. Here is the description you get when you examine it: "This is my submarine, the yellow color is entirely coincidental."

There are more of those pop-culture references out there like a Blues Brothers parody at one point...I've rambled on a bit too long for my own liking. Just play it. No ifs, ands, or buts.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • All I'm playing is Street Fighter IV. Don't really have time for anything else.
    Despite my love for Street Fighter IV I haven't touched the game in a month. I just get nothing from playing online. I need to be playing in person with someone to have any fun. But, none of my friends are even semi competent at the game. I've tried to adjust the handicap but that is viewed as so insulting the game is dropped right there. I was thinking of finding local groups that play the game but those would probably be pro training people. I am no where near that good and do not have the time or the will to get that level of play. I'm stuck in this no mans land where I can't enjoy the goodness of SF IV. Guess the hours spent with Seth will go too waste.

On a brighter note I finally beat Half Life. Owned it for years never bothered doing anything but play counter strike with it. Truly, this was a poor choice. Even after all this time the game ages very well. Now to continue the retro I will take on Paper Mario for the N64. Hopefully it will be less disappointing then the Wii paper mario , and not as broken as the game cube game.
  • I've been playing some Red Faction: Guerrilla.
  • Finishing off
    Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
    If this game is accurate at all I understand why the Nazi weapon's of war and technological advantage made the allies feel hopeless.
  • On a brighter note I finally beat Half Life. Owned it for years never bothered doing anything but play counter strike with it. Truly, this was a poor choice. Even after all this time the game ages very well. Now to continue the retro I will take on Paper Mario for the N64. Hopefully it will be less disappointing then the Wii paper mario , and not as broken as the game cube game.
    What are you talking about? The GameCube paper mario is the best one times a million. In what way is it broken?