This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 061219 - Good Board Games

RymRym
edited December 2006 in Board Games

Tonight on Geeknights, we discuss what factors make good board games good and fun board games fun. In the news, Wii Weather launches, and morons sue Nintendo over broken Wiimote straps.

Scott's Thing - The Voice of Pikachu
Rym's Thing - The Piddler on the Roof

Comments

• C'mon, Scott! You think people really seriously don't know who Ikue Ohtani is!? I never thought I'd see this much of a cop-out for a TotD.
  • I loved headache.
  • I pretty much agree with the guys about what makes a good game. Though honestly it has been a long time since I've played a game that involves dice that isn't D&D.
  • C'mon, Scott! You think people really seriously don't know who Ikue Ohtani is!? I never thought I'd see this much of a cop-out for a TotD.
    Who here knew who Ikue Ohtani was besides Sail? Anybody? Neither I nor Rym knew.
  • I checked out the link but didn't see the video that you mentioned in show. AdBlock doesn't seem to be the culprit. Any ideas?
  • Scott didn't give me the link to the video and went to bed. ^_~ He can update the post if he wants.
  • Scott didn't give me the link to the video and went to bed. ^_~ He can update the post if he wants.
    I asked you, and you said you had it.
  • Is there a MAWS gathering this month?

If there is I have a game that I think Rym and Scott would both enjoy.
  • I don't think you guys have ever done an episode on Puerto Rico, at least not in the last 100. And I know that I'm at least interested in hearing about it since you seem to rave about it every time you discuss board games.
  • edited December 2006
    C'mon, Scott! You think people really seriously don't know who Ikue Ohtani is!? I never thought I'd see this much of a cop-out for a TotD.
    Who here knew who Ikue Ohtani was besides Sail? Anybody? Neither I nor Rym knew.
    Heh, now that I listened to the episode, it is apparent that that link is not quite correct =P Before, I had seriously thought that the TotD was just an her ANN encyclopedia entry XD

I really thought that sort of thing was better known. I mean, I know people who can't name anime directors but know who Ikue Ohtani is. Maybe it's just a byproduct of being part of the generation that growed up watching Pokemon. Sorry.
    Post edited by Sail on