This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Name my plant

edited September 2009 in Contests

This is my plant. He is a parlor fern, his favorite subject is science, and people say he's a terrific athlete. There is one problem, however: he needs a name! I am relying on you, the FRCF, to rectify this situation. The contest will run until someone submits a name I like. Start brainstorming!

Comments

• Since it is a fern, Gully.
  • Mikey, the name of my mom's long-lasting house plant.
  • Credenza, since you made a Homestar Runner reference.
  • edited September 2009
    Robert Plant.
    Since it is a fern, Gully.
    These both made me lol.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Nikolai (Vavilov).
  • Call it "My Marijuana" for confusion's sake.

For example - "Oh Christ, I forgot to water My Marijuana. I hope it doesn't dry out too much."
  • For example - "Oh Christ, I forgot to water My Marijuana. I hope it doesn't dry out too much."
    "Oh Pedro, I forgot to water My Marijuana, could you go back to my hacienda?"

Also, I suggest something like Kobold Bulb. Or some such innuendo-laden name.
  • edited September 2009
    Hans or Karl; they both suit it.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Nikolai (Vavilov).
    Ooh, you're good.
  • Patrick
    or Gerald.
    Maybe even Paterald.
  • Nikolai (Vavilov).
    Ooh, you're good.
    I try.
  • Credenza, since you made a Homestar Runner reference.
    I was wondering why I was thinking about that word...
  • "Oh Christ, I forgot to water My Marijuana. I hope it doesn't dry out too much."
    It took me a second read to get this because it confused me immediately (i.e. why would I not want my marijuana to be dry, why are you watering it).
    How about... God.
    Who could disprove that your plant isn't a manifestation of an omniscient being?

However it could also be the second coming of Jesus.

If only your plant was of a bush variety, it would have been an obvious George and made more sense in conversation.
  • Ferny
    The originality and lack of derivation just oozes forth doesn't it Scott?
  • Ferny
    Oh come on Scott, you could at least try. If you have to go derivative, you could at least make something up like "Franz Ferninand", "Blazing Inferno" or "Fernandez"?
  • Ferny
    Oh come on Scott, you could at least try. If you have to go derivative, you could at least make something up like "Franz Ferninand", "Blazing Inferno" or "Fernandez"?
    Well he isn't a good writer, and writing takes quite a bit of creativity, so I guess the lack of creativity is explained.
  • Ferny
    He already has a brother named Planty.
  • I like Farley or Pomona. Farley is female name that means Fern in Old English. Pomona is a female name meaning fertile or fruitful in Latin.
  • Pomona is a female name meaning fertile or fruitful in Latin.
    I though it was just a crappy city east of LA.
    Well there's a reversal!
    Ba-dum-ching!
  • Leaf Ericson.
  • Leaf Ericson.
    Best one, imo.
  • edited September 2009
    Call it "Water every thursday.", not terribly flashy but it'll survive longer.
    Post edited by Omnutia on