This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Design Request: Make Ro A Logo (Contest Finished!)

edited August 2009 in Art!
To all the awesome artists on the forums,

For anyone who has time and is interested, I need a logo designed. It's going to be a logo for perhaps my business cards and/or my website. If you create something that I absolutely adore, you will win this (or a custom prize to your liking):

I will try to get this piece mounted on foam core board and matted when the winner receives it.

Edit: Runner-ups still get a prize. Not as grand mind you, but still awesome.

Here are a few ideas of what I want:
  • An image of a girl wearing a panda hat cross-stitching. It can just be the upper half of the body. Maybe even with the face of Konata from Lucky Star
  • An image of a panda (tare panda recommended) cross-stitching.
The rest I leave up to you. Thank you, and I look forward to your submissions. ^_^

Comments

• edited August 2009
    This is the very rough design I'm starting with. Going to redraw on paper tomorrow later today (table lamp is busted) with Ro bent over her stitching. Also, loosing the ribbons and adding patches of panda print to try and carry the theme along.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • It's not a tare panda, but...
  • It's not a tare panda, but...panda pic
    Oh my god, that is absolutely adorable, I suggest you pick it Ro!
  • edited August 2009
    @ Funfetus: Too much cute for one Kate! The tongue! The bear is cute, but then I noticed the tongue. I promptly kersploded into jelly and confetti. Typing this with my remaining digits is my last act. *death*
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • @Omnutia As Itold you before, I like your concept. I look forward to the final design.

@Funfetus *cute explosion*

Just an update, I will take all admissions until September 1st. I also added that runner-ups still get a prize. So pretty much if you enter something pretty decent, you're going to get something awesome created by myself. ^_~
  • I'd be careful using trademarked images like Konata and Tarepanda. You never know when someone will get upset over something small.
  • I'd be careful using trademarked images like Konata and Tarepanda. You never know when someone will get upset over something small.
    You make a good point. My memory is a bit fuzzy on that sort of thing. Is even resembling them considered copyright infringement?
    You make a good point. My memory is a bit fuzzy on that sort of thing. Is even resembling them considered copyright infringement?
    If you do something like, take Konata and stick her on a shirt, and sell the shirt, then it's a problem. If you take the same image, put it on a single mouse pad, and use it for yourself, then I think you're okay. If you are associating it with your business as an icon of some kind, then it would definitely a problem since you would be using another person's creation as a sort of endorsement for you, particularly if it was on a business card. I'm fairly certain the same thing would apply with tarepanda, but I'm not sure.
  • I guess since there really is only one submission, and an awesome one at that, Funfetus wins!

@Funfetus I'll more than likely be sending this after PAX. I'll whisper you for mailing information. Thanks again, your design is way too cute for words. ^_^
  • w00t! Thanks, Ro!
  • Dear Mr. Funfetus,

Your prize has been mounted and matted. It will be mailed this Friday. Hope you like the color. Thank you for participating in the contest. ^_~

~Ro

• That is one of the best small prizes in the history of small prizes.
  • Yeah, it is, I'm totally stoked about it. Thanks so much, Ro! I hope the logo's worth it. :)
  • I demand more RO contests!
  • edited October 2009
    I demand more RO contests!
    Hehe. I don't really have anything I need at the moment, however I don't mind doing projects to just see if I can do it and probaby will just give away. I have a pile of projects I'm still working on as well as my friend just commissioned me to make him some dice bags.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Ro, do you take comissions?
  • Ro, do you take comissions?
    I really haven't at all. I just make stuff to make stuff. Most of the stuff I've made is with the intention of making it for certain people or for myself. Material really isn't that expensive when it comes to cross-stitching, so I really don't mind eating the cost.

If you have any requests, I'd be happy to see if it's within the realm of possibilities.

I have so many ideas for making certain things for people on the forums, but if only had more time! If anything, when you have babies, I was going to make you and Adam some bibs, inspired from Sprite Stitch.

Baby Princess Peach
    Mario 2
    Pokeman