This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

I started a convention... now I need to pass it off. Advice?

edited September 2009 in Conventions
Hey, I helped start Tigercon, a one-day con at Towson University that just had its second go-around.

I handled this year, among other things, guests, programming, University relations, artists and dealers. I'm also graduating in May, so with that comes a necessary step back. What should I be thinking of beyond the obvious (i.e.: passing along my contacts, etc.) to make sure people continue what we started?

Comments

• Hey, I helped startTigercon, a one-day con at Towson University that just had its second go-around.

I handled this year, among other things, guests, programming, University relations, artists and dealers. I'm also graduating in May, so with that comes a necessary step back. What should I be thinking of beyond the obvious (i.e.: passing along my contacts, etc.) to make sure people continue what we started?
    It's already sort of too late to do it properly. Whenever you are a in a position of leadership, you should always be grooming a successor. The 12 Byzantine Emperors podcast will show you what happens when you do, and when you do not, do this.
  • Hey, I helped startTigercon, a one-day con at Towson University that just had its second go-around.

It's already sort of too late to do it properly. Whenever you are a in a position of leadership, you should always be grooming a successor. The 12 Byzantine Emperors podcast will show you what happens when you do, and when you do not, do this.
    Hopefully he already was doing this....