This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Lupin III: Green Vs. Red

edited October 2009 in Anime
So...This OVA was released last year as Lupin III's 40th anniversary special. It's gotten mixed reviews, but after watching it, I enjoyed it greatly. Certainly not as amazing as the Castle of Cagliostro, but definitely worth watching nonetheless. Has anyone else seen this? It's not too super long, and it's got a great plot.

Now that I've seen both of those I want to watch some old Lupin III, 'cause I've never seen the actual show. But I've still gotta work through other anime first. But this movie has inspired me to become more interested in Lupin III.

Comments

• The teensy bit (read: four episodes) I've seen is incredible, but I don't think the old series exists on DVD. Hoping to discover otherwise in my university library's anime collections, though.
  • The teensy bit (read: four episodes) I've seen is incredible, but I don't think the old series exists on DVD. Hoping to discover otherwise in my university library's anime collections, though.
    Yeah, the bits I've heard of sound great.
  • I found it to be ok, it had its moments, but I don't like (spoiler warning) the implication that Lupin is more then one person. And someone new takes over the position. It doesn't really make sense unless all the supporting characters are the same, and that just rubs me the wrong way (mostly due to it not making sense.)
  • edited October 2009
    I don't think that they meant SPOILER:Lupin was more than one person. I think they were trying to imply that there is a main Lupin (the red Lupin is the one from all the other shows and movies and OVA's), and that other people can take up the mantle as well. Whatever makes Lupin, well, Lupin, can cause other people to be transformed by their choice. It's weird, but I think it's that strange perspective that makes it cool.
    Post edited by Axel on
  • I've had it sitting on my computer for a while, along with several other Lupin movies. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.
  • I've had it sitting on my computer for a while, along with several other Lupin movies. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.
    I'd recommend it, it's only an hour and fifteen minutes long, so it's not a full movie if you're worried about time. I enjoyed it greatly.
  • I'd recommend it, it's only an hour and fifteen minutes long, so it's not a full movie if you're worried about time.
    Not a full movie? If a movie has to be at least an hour-and-a-half to be a full movie in your book, then there are a lot of movies that aren't "full."
  • I'd recommend it, it's only an hour and fifteen minutes long, so it's not a full movie if you're worried about time.
    Not a full movie? If a movie has to be at least an hour-and-a-half to be a full movie in your book, then there are a lot of movies that aren't "full."
    I mean that most movies tend to air quite a bit longer than that, so it's not super long. I suppose "not a full movie" was bad terminology.