This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 061228 - The GeekNights That Wasn't

edited December 2006 in GeekNights
Argh!!!

You've ruined my Friday morning commute to work!

GeekNights is the only podcast I catch that releases a show on Thursday nights. I had to drive in with the... shudder... radio on!

Why not just record some "throw away" shows and put them on the feed when you don't record a regular show? Or even record a compilation of Rym on the keyboard doing cheesy music?

Comments

• :-p, How about you toss 50 dollars in the donation box before you complain about free content ^_^ :-p

Or better yet, Just download an old show..
  • edited December 2006
    What if you've heard all the old shows?

I'm sitting here at "work" seriously contemplating listening to those idiots on The Sci-Fi and Fantasy Podcast or maybe even - *sob* - checking on what Mary Worth is up to.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • There is a donation box?
  • I found the donate button and donated.

When do I get my "right to bitch" card? Does it come in the mail? Will it be laminated?
  • edited December 2006
    Yea, Now you can Bitch all you want ^_^

I don't know if they have a card yet. I'm sure that will be created with all the other fictitious merchandise.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • I really didn't mind the fact that they didn't release an episode on Thursday. I'd just download one of their older episodes and listen to that instead. It's unfortunate that their earlier episodes aren't downloadable anymore.
  • What if you've heard all the old shows?

I'm sitting here at "work" seriously contemplating listening to those idiots on The Sci-Fi and Fantasy Podcast or maybe even - *sob* - checking on what Mary Worth is up to.
    Oh sweet jumping Jahosaphat, don't listen to that podcast. It is so terrible that it once made my ears bleed bile. I'm still stupid enough to grab an episode if they cover an outstanding movie, but holy hell.... Comic Book Guy says "Worst podcast...ever."
  • They actually LIKED "Spacehunter 3D: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone". I listened carefully, trying to figure out if they were being ironic or sarcastic or something, but I had to conclude that they were being completely honest. They actually liked it at face value. Not because it was bad, not "I know this is stupid but I like it in spite of (or maybe even because of) its stupidity", they actually thought it was GOOD. And then they talked about how it compared favorably to "Sense and Sensibility"! Unbelievable.
  • It's unfortunate that their earlier episodes aren't downloadable anymore.
    You can download the old episodes fro the site; or if you rather have your podcatcher get them for you, subscribe to each day individually.
  • While I confess that I always listen to GN first, there are tons of perfectly acceptable podcasts out there. There was a great thread in this forum where everyone listed their favorites. I picked up a couple of new ones that way. For me, strong audio quality is a must. Buzz Out Loud and Extra Life Radio are probably my favorite shows after GN.
  • It's unfortunate that their earlier episodes aren't downloadable anymore.
    You can download the old episodes fro the site; or if you rather have your podcatcher get them for you, subscribe to each day individually.
    That's true. I barely realized that the link to the actual MP3 files for the very old episodes were embedded into the text. I always just click on the "MP3 Download" link to get the episodes.

Thanks.