This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What the hell is wrong with my friends

edited October 2009 in Anime
I don't know if its just where i live ( arizona) or just my friends but NONE of my friends like cowboy bebop and I am left wondering WTF?
Bebop was a great show and so I went to my preferred anime chat room and guess what, none of them have seen cowboy bebop so a couple of months later i check to see they're opinions and no one there likes it!
So I came here to get your guy's opinions on this.

Comments

• What's wrong with them? Nothing, they have different tastes than you do.
    I guess thats true.
    But it just seems odd cause every one who I try to get to watch cowboy bebop there ends up something happening so they cant.
    EG: I loaned my box set to my cousin and her ps2 died.
    There's more of those story's but i don't feel like telling em.
    Thanks for replying.
  • edited October 2009
    The answer is right there:
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
    This.
    I agree with this, if they gave a reason that makes sense. They could just be haters for the sake of being haters, it wouldn't be a first.

What kind of shows do the lot of your friends like?
    I agree with this, if they gave a reason that makes sense. They could just be haters for the sake of being haters, it wouldn't be a first.

What kind of shows do the lot of your friends like?
    whoa never expected this many responses, any who.
    I think they're reason's where along the lines of "it was boring","they did the same stuff over and over again" and "there wasn't enough fighting".
    These aren't realy my anime friends but more my gaming friends so meh.
  • I don't know if I could be friends with someone who thought Cowboy Bebop was boring. :/
  • The answer is right there:
    Wait... what? Do you have something against cosplaying?
    Me? no. (in fact i cosplay from time to time but that's another story)
    Him.... idk.
    No, but I thought that that was too funny to pass up.
  • What the hell is wrong with my friends
    What the hell is wrong with you, having friends like that?
    If they don't like Cowboy Bebop, that's fine. If they don't like Cowboy Bebop and love Rosario + Vampire, you got a problem.
    Seriously, they're morons if they don't like it because I've done research (in my red lab coat) that shows it's statistically impossible to dislike Cowboy Bebop on any level except if you are moron.
    Seriously, they're morons if they don't like it because I've done research (in my red lab coat) that shows it's statistically impossible to dislike Cowboy Bebop on any level except if you are moron.
    Statements like that=bad. Opinions are okay. They're allowed to dislike whatever they want. We can disagree with them, but they're allowed to feel however they want and not be morons.
  • Axel, it was obvious that both my statement and Yupa's were in jest.
  • Seriously, they're morons if they don't like it because I've done research (in my red lab coat) that shows it's statistically impossible to dislike Cowboy Bebop on any level except if you are moron.
    Only the Sith deal in Absolutes.
  • edited October 2009
    Axel, it was obvious that both my statement and Yupa's were in jest.
    Okay, if you say so. My bad.
    Post edited by Axel on
  • At the least, obvious to anyone working under the assumption that Yupa and I aren't complete asses. That is, admittedly, an unfounded assumption, especially in my case.
    Nonetheless, I have every intention to persist in using that kind of humour on these forums.
  • Sorry, I wasn't trying to imply anything bad. I just do a see a lot of that going around in the forums sometimes, with people making statements like that.
  • That's why we have certified defenders of truth and justice around, such as yourself.
  • That's why we have certified defenders of truth and justice around, such as yourself.
    I'm somewhere in the middle though, I'll only use that kind of humor when it it warranted which is not often in my case, because I don't like to be a total ass as being too much of one thing is very bad.
  • edited October 2009
    I don't like to be a total ass as being too much of one thing is very bad.
    Indeed. By just being an ass you're missing out on myriad other possibilities, such as "dick" or "jerk".
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I don't like to be a total ass as being too much of one thing is very bad.
    Indeed. By just being an ass you're missing out on myriad other possibilities, such as "dick" or "jerk".
    Nope, not going to be any of that.
  • Suit yourself.
    ...I can't tell whether this is an insult or not, or what it is or isn't insulting. So I'm just going to ignore it and move on.
    ...I can't tell whether this is an insult or not, or what it is or isn't insulting. So I'm just going to ignore it and move on.
    It was at the same time a compliment and an insult directed at your persistence in defending other peoples' opinions, even when they aren't really being questioned. I don't blame you for being unable to interpret it.
  • At least they don't like Kodomo no Jikan.
    It was at the same time a complimentandan insult directed at your persistence in defending other peoples' opinions, even when they aren't really being questioned. I don't blame you for being unable to interpret it.
    Okay, that's good. I thought my interpretation skills had died on me for a minute there...
    If they don't like Cowboy Bebop, that's fine. If they don't like Cowboy Bebop and love Rosario + Vampire, you got a problem.
    How is this a problem? I love both, taste is taste, and you're turning that into an absolute statement makes you look like an ignorant twat.
    Stating that you're ignoring something isn't quite ignoring it...