This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What anime are you watching? v2.0

Comments

• I'm re-watching Eureka seveN. I'm watching Gokinjo Monogatari, Kimi no Todoke and Hetalia.
    edited November 2009
    Linebarrels of Iron
    What is wrong with you?!
    Sora no Otoshimono
    WHY?!
    Maria Holic
    WHY?!
    Akikan!
    Jesus Henrietta Christ, what compelled you to watch anything after ep 1 of that? You insane?
    Penguin Girl
    I don't really know what that is, but I'm sure I can scream "WHY?!" and still be right.
    Kampfer
    It's shit. The entire premise is apparently: Lose cock, get girl(s). /a/ likes it because they want to be the little girl and the ED has a hip-swaying gender-swapped blue-haired demon.
    Kimi no Todoke
    Yes! You like it? Watch out for episode 4, it's infuriating. FUCK YOU PIP, FUCK YOU. Typical rage + romance, love it.

As for what I'm watching, if I can remember: Kimi no Todoke, Nyan Koi, 2 eps of Railgun, Trapeze, and then some first eps from that student council reference animu thing and Kobato (cute, but CLAMP can't decide whether to give her long or short hair, so gave her both, fuck that). Other than that I should finish up season 1 of Tentai Senshi Sunred so I can start on season 2. And then there's 'old' crap on the side that I'm watching because it finished, because I still haven't finished it, or because I just labelled it as watching in an attempt to watch another episode. The former category had G.A. Art Design Class (5 girls in an Art Class at high school with the usual stereotypes, cute, glasses, clumsy, tomboy, cool, the level-headed one, fun, rotating ED lyrics was nice, color rangers are awesome) and the latter category has such things as... Bartender? I forgot.

Autumn season is pretty damned crappy with all its second seasons (mostly hentai crap) and new hentai crap. Chartfag already put up a first version of the Winter season chart. Oh god, Katanagari.

EDIT: I should maybe watch Blue Literature, but I feel that's better left to partially marathon once it has ended, because of clear multi-part arcs.
    Post edited by ... on
  • I'm still watching Cross Game.
  • I'm still watchingCross Game.
    Fuck yeah!

I'm currently watching Trapeze, Fairy Tail, Sasameki Koto, Aru Kagaku no Railgun, Cross Game and I am waiting for the final episode of Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei to be subbed. Fairy Tail and Railgun would probably not appeal to other people in this forum, but I find them hilarious.

@ Woah: If he means Penguin Musume Heart, that show is actually quite funny. I also remember Viga liking the series very much.
  • I was watching "The Fist of The north Star", "Mazinger Z", and "Monster"
  • edited November 2009
    Sasameki Koto
    Me too! I really like the main character because she is a gruff sports girl, but I want to smack Kazama for being so oblivious. It's like the friend-zone problem to the max (My best friend is a hot girl who I am in totally in love with, but she only thinks of me as her totally platonic best pal) and even though Kazama is cute, it's like she is oblivious to the point to being cruel. It's more light-hearted than Aoi Hana.

I want to watch Aoi Bungaku. Also Dararara! or whatever sounded interesting, all Baccano styling and whatnot.

I'm catching up on old good stuff: Michiko to Hatchin, Seirei no Moribito, Stand Alone Complex, and finishing up the end of Baccano.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited November 2009
    I'm watching:

Darker than Black 2
    Soul Eater
    Something with Railgun in the title (this is a average to bad Moe show, I don't recommend it, I just want to see where they're going with it)
    White album
    New FMA as well
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • I'm still watchingCross Game.
    Fuck yeah!

I'm currently watching Trapeze, Fairy Tail, Sasameki Koto, Aru Kagaku no Railgun, Cross Game and I am waiting for the final episode of Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei to be subbed. Fairy Tail and Railgun would probably not appeal to other people in this forum, but I find them hilarious.

@ Woah: If he means Penguin Musume Heart, that show is actually quite funny. I also remember Viga liking the series very much.
    This is the anime I am talking about. Yes indeed, it is really funny.
  • I've been looking for something new to watch since I finished Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Maybe it's because LoGH is so awesome, but I'm having a hard time finding anything (new) to follow it with. All of this hentai moe schoolkid dreck from the recent seasons has me wanting to repeatedly bang my head into a wall. Even worse, being a fan of fantasy, I'd LIKE to watch things like Tower of Druaga, World Destruction, Seiken no Blacksmith, etc, but without fail they're all shit. I think I've reached a point where anime is just too... anime. Generic artwork style, gratuitous mammary shots, incredibly ridiculous or stupid costumes, main characters with flat or repellent personalities, "characterization" to make someone seem badass when they've done nothing in the story to warrant it, preteens doing things only an adult or actual professional soldier could do, terrible terrible 3d CG included in a 2d show, moe shows reskinned to be "fantasy," and stories devoid of anything emotionally compelling! Auuuggh. Even Guin Saga's left me with a weird taste in my mouth. I'm bitter and I think I'll go QQ more about how kids these days don't know what it's like to walk uphill in the snow both ways.
  • I haven't watched anything since finishing Detroit Metal City and Baccano! a few weeks ago. Been pretty game heavy lately. My backlog scares me.
  • I've just started watching Kemono no Sou-ja Erin, and it's very enjoyable, if a bit childish, so far. My only criticism is it's a bit heavy-handed in its philosophy, but only slightly.
  • edited November 2009
    Jess, Did you watch all the side stories for LOTGH?

Oh my it appears LOTGH broke Jess... I'm sooo sorry but now you know why I haven't been able to get into many anime of late!
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • I've been looking for something new to watch since I finished Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
    Irresponsible Captain Tylor.
  • edited November 2009
    Jess, Did you watch all the side stories for LOGH?
    Not yet. But what happens when I do? WHAT THEN, SCOTT? :| I did take a poke at Tytania, but I can't get into it. It's got all the trappings of LoGH (albeit froofified a thousandfold) but none of the soul.

Edit to Rym: Waiting on Alex for that one, so we can watch it together.
    Post edited by Johannes Uglyfred II on
  • edited November 2009
    I've been looking for something new to watch since I finished Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Maybe it's because LoGH is so awesome, but I'm having a hard time finding anything (new) to follow it with. All of this hentai moe schoolkid dreck from the recent seasons has me wanting to repeatedly bang my head into a wall. Even worse, being a fan of fantasy, I'd LIKE to watch things like Tower of Druaga, World Destruction, Seiken no Blacksmith, etc, but without fail they're all shit. I think I've reached a point where anime is just too... anime. Generic artwork style, gratuitous mammary shots, incredibly ridiculous or stupid costumes, main characters with flat or repellent personalities, "characterization" to make someone seem badass when they've done nothing in the story to warrant it, preteens doing things only an adult or actual professional soldier could do, terrible terrible 3d CG included in a 2d show, moe shows reskinned to be "fantasy," and storiesdevoid of anything emotionally compelling!Auuuggh. Even Guin Saga's left me with a weird taste in my mouth. I'm bitter and I think I'll go QQ more about how kids these days don't know what it's like to walk uphill in the snow both ways.
    You know, it's weird. It's like I've polarized. The only anime I seek out these days is either rather non-anime-ish anime, the weird things that don't conform to the sweatdrop stereotypes preferred in the community, or really hardcore otaku stuff like Lucky Star, which is so anime injokey even I didn't get some of the references. The stuff in the middle just doesn't do it for me anymore. The fact is, I have gone back to being more just a comics/animation fan, where I'll watch/read stuff from all over if it is good. The only time I was ever really into anime just because it was anime was when I was 14 and kind of a weeaboo. Japan just happens to have a greater percentage of animation with grown up themes than many other places, but still most of it is cruddy.
    Irresponsible Captain Tylor.
    QFT. I used to think that I was just being nostalgic, but some old anime are just better!
  • froofified
    This is one of the many reasons I adore you, Jess.
  • Also, GITS:SAC if you haven't seen it already.
  • edited November 2009
    Also, GITS:SAC if you haven't seen it already.
    Oooh, good idea. I'll just have to try not to gag during the 1000 fanservice shots of the Major every episode. Other than that, it seemed pretty interesting.
    Post edited by Johannes Uglyfred II on
  • Jess, Did you watch all the side stories for LOGH?
    Not yet. But what happens when I do? WHAT THEN, SCOTT? :| I did take a poke at Tytania, but I can't get into it. It's got all the trappings of LoGH (albeit froofified a thousandfold) but none of the soul.
    Well, then you start watching Anime ironicly like I do now. Seek out the worst so you understand your hatred, live in the horror of the crappy anime and then you can come out the other side and love Fist of the North Star :-p
  • I'll just have to try not to gag during the 1000 fanservice shots of the Major every episode.
    There really aren't that many. Also, I'll note that this is one show where her body is the way it is for reasons other than BUTTS! It's an extension of her messed-up body image from the fact that she's never really had a human body, and has been able to appear however she's wanted for her entire life. She could just as easily be a man, and her confused gender/body identity is a big part of the show.
  • edited November 2009
    Man, though, if I were the major all the fanboys would be sad, because I would have NO TITS.

edit: Unless the tits were not hurting when bounced. Then I could store extra RAM in them or something.
  • Interesting thought: what if the OS in one of the cybernetic bodies crashed?
  • The most common way I watch anime is that I watch it on my laptop before bed till I'm about to pass out then I pause it. In that scenario I am watching Cowboy Bebop again

I'm also, more actively, watching Season 7 of DBZ because I can. I'm waiting to watch Gundam F91 (I enjoy senseless robot battles) with my brother.

I'm also hoping to marathon Beck with my girlfriend when I go see her on Thursday.
  • I started to watch The Irresponsible Captain Taylor
    I has really opened my eyes to what being awesome is, I can't wait to watch the second DVD.
  • edited November 2009
    Interesting thought: what if the OS in one of the cybernetic bodies crashed?
    Well, the cyberbrains are really just partially cyberized (read: partially rebuilt as machinery with nanotech) biological brains. Closed Shell Syndrome is sort of like that, in that the user loses interface capability with the net and most sensory, real-world interfaces. They do, however, gain massive computing skills at the expense of the aforementioned abilities (think Asperger's raised exponentially).
    edit: Unless the tits were not hurting when bounced. Then I could store extra RAM in them or something.
    I wonder if they handle bodies like they handle a certain character's face: squishy, movable prosthetics or hard, sculpted custom forms? If so, you could definitely fit extra cyberbrain components in said tits and become some ridiculous gestalt entity.

...Okay, now my question: Where can I find LoGH? I can't download fansubs (via torrent) here; is anyone streaming it?
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Interesting thought: what if the OS in one of the cybernetic bodies crashed?
    I imagine the same thing that happened when you pulled your goldeneye cartridge out just enough.
  • WindUpBird, you can watch all of LoGH's main series right here, streaming, for free. Unfortunately, this site does not have the side story arcs, nor all of the movies.

Chronos, you should watch Galactic Heroes, too. It's the show Captain Tylor is based on.
  • WindUpBird, you can watch all of LoGH's main seriesright here, streaming, for free.Unfortunately, this site does not have the side story arcs, nor all of the movies.
    You are my hero.
  • edited November 2009
    I started to watch The Irresponsible Captain Taylor
    I has really opened my eyes to what being awesome is, I can't wait to watch the second DVD.
    What a great series. I just watched it strait through it with a few people a couple of months ago.

Dropped line barrel after the first few episodes. I was hoping for Gurren Lagann type action but nope..
    Post edited by Alan on
  • I'm in the middle of Princess Tutu at the moment.