This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

"Tea Party" now officially a third party.

Comments

• Let them eat their own.
  • edited November 2009
    Oh god.

PS: Adam, I love your macros.
    Post edited by loltsundere on
  • I'm not coinfident that this party will go anywhere at all, after it's period of being a joke in the media passes.

After all, everybody knows there ain't no party like my nana's tea party.
  • edited November 2009
    Has anyone made the obligatory Mad Hatter/March Hare references to the Mad Tea Party yet?

As in - "Tea Party", indeed. They all act as if they went through the looking glass long ago.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • *cocks head to the side* Seriously? Sigh.
  • This is good, the GOP needs to purge itself of these nut jobs to re establish itself.
  • I choose to look on the bright side. Having two conservative parties just splits the vote so that way they will almost always lose.
  • This is good, the GOP needs to purge itself of these nut jobs to re establish itself.
    It's working the other way. Super-conservatives are trying to oust anyone not GlennBeckian enough for them. Ousted Republicans are either going independent, third party, or Democrat.
  • PS: Adam, I love your macros.
    It's working the other way. Super-conservatives are trying to oust anyone not GlennBeckian enough for them. Ousted Republicans are either going independent, third party, or Democrat.
    Agreed. For one who became a Republican in 1983, I'm seeing this party become too fractured and poisoned.
  • Same here. East Coast 'liberal' Republicans just aren't wanted by the more wacko Republicans. I'm a pro-legalization of pot Republican which is way too lefty for the way too rightys
  • Same here. East Coast 'liberal' Republicans just aren't wanted by the more wacko Republicans. I'm a pro-legalization of pot Republican which is way too lefty for the way too rightys
    Isn't that called a libertarian these days?
  • Isn't that called a libertarian these days?
    The libertarians are totally batshit insane rather than mostly batshit insane like the GOP.
  • Isn't that called a libertarian these days?
    The libertarians are totally batshit insane rather than mostly batshit insane like the GOP.
    Well, the teabaggers and the Palin camp are totally batshit insane as well. I'd like to see the GOP separate themselves from those idiots.
  • edited November 2009
    The "Big L Libertarian" "Libertarian Party" in the US isn't truly libertarian. They just use "freedom" as a rallying cry for insane conspiracy theories about how college is for reprogramming the youth, fluoridating water kills brain cells and keeps the public stupid and docile (irony), and that the DTV switch was so that Obama could broadcast brainwashing messages directly into our minds.

Batshit, yes. Libertarian, not so much.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on