This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

MAGfest VIII

edited November 2009 in Conventions
http://magfest.org/

Might as well inquire if anyone else is planing on going to this con, and if so maybe start a carpool

Edit: Doh!

Comments

• It says NAGfest. Heh heh. I always wanted to attend this, but stuff gets in the way.
  • Going to admit, this is an awesome way to promote your convention
    Oh shit, I didn't expect that to be as worth it as it was.
  • Hey, I just Facebooked that a little while ago. My friends have been nagging me to go to this con for years...but it's New Year's weekend! WTF?
  • GeoGeo
    edited November 2009
    Hey, I just Facebooked that a little while ago. My friends have been nagging me to go to this con for years...but it's New Year's weekend! WTF?
    Despite how somewhat cool it may sound, who would go to a con on New Years Eve though?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Hey, I just Facebooked that a little while ago. My friends have been nagging me to go to this con for years...but it's New Year's weekend! WTF?
    Despite how somewhat cool it may sound, who would go to a con on New Years Eve though?
    Um...yes...that WAS the point.
  • Best convention ad ever.

I would totally go if it weren't January 1-4 and in VA.

Seriously, that was a damn good ad.
    That was amazing.
  • edited November 2009
    "HE'S THE VOICE OF DUKE NUKEM?!!"

Oh manz, if I wasn't clear across the country, I would book it to magfest this year.

You can bet your ass on one thing, after I graduate, I'm heading back east.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited November 2009
    Yea the New Years thing is a turn off for most, however if you are in the area it is worth going, even for one day to meet all the bands and artists, also you are right outside of DC which is a cool place to go to.

Personally, if you only could hit this convention for one day, I would do a Saturday, since you will get all the big panels, concerts, and festivities taking place. However, if you are REALLY into chip tune music, Friday night is the key: you have an 8 HOUR chip tune battle with famous composers.

Again I still say it is one of the best independently run conventions I have ever been to and can not praise them enough, so if you are in the area, let me know if you are coming down so I can say hi. Who knows, I might be able to get you in on a guest pass...
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Yea the New Years thing is a turn off for most
    I thought that a first, too. "Who would ever want to be at some con over the New Years' Holiday?"

Then, I realized something. Imagine if PAX were over New Year's. Imagine the rockstar explosion nerdgasm that would be that night.

For the right con, I would go over the holiday in a second.
  • edited November 2009
    For the right con, I would go over the holiday in a second.
    We start AtheistCon on Easter Weekend.
    Post edited by Wyatt on
  • If I can convince a friend for a ride then I'll hit it up for a day. Can't make any promises though. It's a rough on the wallet time of year.
  • If I can convince a friend for a ride then I'll hit it up for a day. Can't make any promises though. It's a rough on the wallet time of year.
    If you are in the area awesome, if not that is cool, let me know if you do come or not would like to say hi.

Another reason this con appeals to me is that I am friends with a bunch of online producers (PBC Productions, X-Strike Studios, Dark Maze Studios, etc.) For some reason all of them and a bunch more go to this con to show off their latest work and discuss film and the lie. So if you are an indie movie nerd like myself it is a good place to go to.

Sorry about the misspellings on the last post, IE be damned with no built in spell check.
  • Now that I see all the awesome things that happened at this con, I want to go next year.
  • Another year and another time I couldn't go this year. I regret it greatly.
  • Another year and another time I couldn't go this year. I regret it greatly.
    You have got to get yourself up to an Northern Con...at least once this year.
  • Oh, I am definitely be going next year!
    Is just 30 min away from my home :O