This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Mitai! Future anime you want to see.

edited November 2009 in Anime
Post websites and news for future anime projects you are following the development of. What anime do you have high hopes for?

Durarara
The author of Baccano gets a second anime adaptation for his series of light novels set in downtown Tokyo. It looks like another show with a bajillion characters, slick animation, violent action, and a twist of the supernatural. I like his stuff, but just from the trailer there looks to be plenty of mangling, just like his previous series.

Yume Miru Kikai
"The Dreaming Machine"
Satoshi Kon does a kid's movie. We saw artwork for that at Lincoln Center a while ago. Definitely a different direction for his work. Stills on the website.

Comments

• GitS: SAC third gig.

Oh wait...
  • edited November 2009
    The Eden of the East movies. The first one is out near the end of this month.

Black Lagoon: Third Barrage.
    Post edited by George Patches on
    This.
  • I'd love to see the biopic about Hatta Yoichi, but I don't have high hopes for a fan-sub ever coming out.
    Sigh... I'm watching First Gig again with Emily. Damn if a show like that isn't exactly what I need right now (second only to Tribes 2). Solid sci-fi mixed with excellent action and Tachikomatic Days? Fuck every other show.
  • Right now I've got no other animes to watch until Rym gives me the final Giant Robo DVD. Until then I might start rewatching Macross.
  • You could always watch Blue Literature and educate yourself on Japanese modern classics.
  • Dumb question, but are you sure you didn't mean "Mirai!" (??) as in future?
    Seconded.
  • No, "Mitai" means "I want to watch!" 見たい!
  • Right now I've got no other animes to watch until Rym gives me the final Giant Robo DVD. Until then I might start rewatching Macross.
    We could watch Vampire Hunter D again and do a review. ^_~
  • We could watch Vampire Hunter D again and do a review. ^_~
    Gotta a god damn mouth in his god damn hand.
    ..damn.
  • Durarara is one of the only things I'm aware of looking forward to right now. Despite the obvious awesome, I saw Horo in the preview. I approve twice.

Mostly I'm just trying to catch up on everything I've started. I only just finished Aoi Hana this past week.
  • edited November 2009
    I want Summer Wars to be subtitled. That movie looks like amazing.
    Post edited by Axel on
  • I am only waiting for more Saint Seiya Lost Canvas OAVs
    So far they haven't disappointed me :D
  • I can't wait for the Trigun Movie.
    Ditto.
  • Rosario + Vampire Capu3 (Or whatever you want to call a 3rd season.)
    Goddamn if I don't want to see this. At least there is an OVA coming out in the near future. Thirded.
  • edited November 2009
    At least there is an OVA coming out in the near future.
    The OVA is the Third if Wikipedia is to be believed.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • At least there is an OVA coming out in the near future.
    The OVA is the Third if Wikipedia is to be believed.
    The only way I would consider it a "3rd" is if it was a full season, which doesn't seem likely.
  • The only way I would consider it a "3rd" is if it was a full season, which doesn't seem likely.
    They could have 45 minute episodes, they have some flexibility with an OVA.
  • Eh, I don't have much to add to what's already been said. DRRR!!, Black Lagoon 3rd Barrage, there's that K-ON+War starting in winter, Katanastory too. Summer wars indeed needs subbing and the Eden of the East movies will start coming out. That's all I know. As I said, not much to add, on hindsight, nothing really.
    Sweet Sejenus, I forgot about this. I concur.
  • I want to see GR: Giant Robo, but no one has subtitled it!
    Sweet Sejenus, I forgot about this. I concur.
    the trailer got me super excited
  • edited November 2009
    I want Summer Wars to be subtitled. That movie looks like amazing.
    Seconded. I can get it from Midnight rentals once the DVD is out in Japan. It's so hard, because theatrical stuff is the only thing we really have to wait for these days.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • I want Summer Wars to be subtitled. That movie looks like amazing.
    Seconded. I can get it from Midnight rentals once the DVD is out in Japan. It's so hard, because theatrical stuff is the only thing we really have to wait for these days.
    I remember seeing the trailer at the Madhouse panel at Otakon. I've wanted to see it since. I need to find The Girl Who Leapt Through Time as well.
  • edited November 2009
    I recommend the special limited edition, if you can locate it. It comes in a really nice thin box with the soundtrack, the film, and a dvd of extras, such as the story-boards and interviews with the creators. It's one of my favorite anime movies, so I splurged on getting the special box.
    Post edited by gomidog on