This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What anime are you watching? v2.0

Comments

• I'm in the middle of Princess Tutu at the moment.
    Same here, fitting in eps in between my exam studies. Also Eureka 7.
  • Oh my god, Femio.
    edited November 2009
    FUCK YOU PIIIIIIIIIIIIIN, FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! FUCK YOU ENDING SUDDENLY STARTING! FUCK YOU, NOW I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER WEEK BEFORE I KNOW WHETHER SAWAKO IS GONNA CHOKE A BITCH OR NOT. And hell yeah Ryuu. I'm hungry, nomnomnom cookies.

Yeah, sorry, those are basically my thoughts after the latest ep (5) of Kimi no Todoke. That ending theme came out of nowhere. This is very likely to be the best anime this season in my opinion. Excluding second seasons (not wasting time matching it up against Sunred). Though I haven't tried Blue Literature yet, subs are out though.
    you can watch all of LoGH's main seriesright here, streaming, for free.
    Crunchyroll v0.5? Who don't even host the videos themselves? Also, Uglyfred, what were you thinking? Didn't you know that once you finish watching LotGH that there will no longer be anime for you?
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited November 2009
    Watching in the present tense, as it is on [adult swim] right now: Bleach. I would like to know why everyone seems to know Spanish; it's perplexing.

Every time I get on a Bleach kick, I want to like it so badly, but I can't get over the fact that it is just a really well-done shonen fighting show, which makes spending my time on it difficult.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I think now that I've decided to hold off on current season shows for a bit, I can catch myself up on DVDs I haven't watched yet. First up, the rest of 009-1, most likely.
  • Watching: Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza (Very cautiously), Ayakashi, and One Piece (Picked up after filler ended)

Just Finished: Seto no Hanayome. (Best non-serious harem series EVER)
  • Just Finished: Seto no Hanayome. (Best non-serious harem series EVER)
    What about Tenchi Muyo?
  • Tsukikage Ran. Hell yes.
    What about Tenchi Muyo?
    Yeah, better than Tenchi Muyo. Unlike that show, Seto no Hanayome's ending is full of "FUCK YEAH!!!!!" I'd also call Nagasumi a much more interesting character than Tenchi too.
    What about Tenchi Muyo?
    Yeah, better than Tenchi Muyo. Unlike that show, Seto no Hanayome's ending is full of "FUCK YEAH!!!!!" I'd also call Nagasumi a much more interesting character than Tenchi too.
    I'd have to agree. Seto no Hanayome is damn awesome.
  • What about Tenchi Muyo?
    Tenchi Muyo is crap. Seto is more comedy. (btw Tenchi is not the first harem)
    (btw Tenchi is not the first harem)
    I was fine with your opinion, but do you have proof that Tenchi is not the first harem show?
    The Tenchi girls were great. Tenchi himself was really boring, which is why Tenchi in Tokyo was lame. (Though Tenchi Muyo! and Tenchi Universe were really nice)

Seto no Hanayome is mostly just comedy, but it rules mostly because of the characters. Protagonist is good, the girls are all good, and a lot of the side characters with the family or school are really cool too.
  • Chronos, you should watch Galactic Heroes, too. It's the show Captain Tylor is based on.
    I really should check that series once I finish watching The Irresponsible Captain Tylor. How good are the OAVs.
    Besides Tylor I am making my way through Shin Mazinger Z (Yatsuhiro Imagawa is a pretty cool guy), Princess Tutu, and since I recently got the Dragon Box I am re-watching Dragon Ball Z after 11 years if only because of the nostalgia factor.
  • edited November 2009
    Actually the first season of Tenchi OVA and the first movie are pretty good, then it starts to fall apart.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • I was fine with your opinion, but do you have proof that God does not exist?
    You're so obedient, Yupa. You might try your hand at reading, it's this thing that makes everyone else sound not as stupid as you.
  • I really should check that series once I finish watching The Irresponsible Captain Tylor. How good are the OAVs.
    I haven't seen all of the OVAs, but my personal opinion is that it isn't as good as the main series. It's mainly more of the same, but there's something that feels odd and not as good as the tv-series.
  • Yeah, sorry, those are basically my thoughts after the latest ep (5) of Kimi no Todoke. That ending theme came out of nowhere. This is very likely to be the best anime this season in my opinion. Excluding second seasons (not wasting time matching it up against Sunred). Though I haven't tried Blue Literature yet, subs are out though.
    What? Seriously? I just finished episode 1 and this feels like a really generic and boring show. I couldn't even watch the first episode all the way through without getting bored and pausing it to do something else for a little bit.
  • I am also watching The Fist of the North Star. Though I am thinking on stopping and just wait for the DVD sets to come out :P
  • NO TITS.
    And so this is the first thing that I see when I click on page 2.

Anyway, I have a fuckton of anime that I started but haven't finished yet. For the time being though, Kobato has replaced Clannad as my feel-good anime. <3
  • Kobato has replaced Clannad as my feel-good anime. <3</p>
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Clannad end in tears?
    What? Seriously? I just finished episode 1 and this feels like a really generic and boring show. I couldn't even watch the first episode all the way through without getting bored and pausing it to do something else for a little bit.
    I said it was my opinion, and that I haven't checked out everything that initially interested me. I agree that the first episode is basically just a simple introduction of the situation and the characters, but after 3 episodes I find the characters to be very likeable and I'm enjoying it.
  • Finished Kotetsushin Jeeg a week or two ago. Probably going to rewatch Giant Robo after listening to the podcast about it. Looking forward to Gundam Unicorn in the next few months...
  • I said it was my opinion, and that I haven't checked out everything that initially interested me. I agree that the first episode is basically just a simple introduction of the situation and the characters, but after 3 episodes I find the characters to be very likeable and I'm enjoying it.
    I'll give it a few more episodes because you say so. Generally speaking you're a good judge of anime.
  • Kobatohas replaced Clannad as my feel-good anime. <3</p>
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Clannad end in tears?
    B'aww, I love Kobato. Most of my friends aren't very keen, though, sadly.
    And yeah, Clannad ends in tears. But it's Key Animation, it's not like they really do anything else.
  • Eh, say all you want but Sora no Otoshimono stands in an over-done genre. Now that episode 6 is out, things are really getting good. Of course, this show is just probably up my alley.
  • Generally speaking you're a good judge of anime.
    Lies. I just like what I like, some of it just accidentally happens to be good, like Cowboy Bebop.
    B'aww
    Wait, what? Did I say something wrong again?
    I love Kobato. Most of my friends aren't very keen, though, sadly.
    The one ep I saw was cute, as expected. I just don't feel like watching more shows as is. And I'm CONVINCED Clamp just gave Kobato both short and long hair because they couldn't make up their minds. Crazy women.
  • I just finished watching "The Irresponsible Captain Tylor".
    It was a fantastic series!
    Also, I really like thing song:
  • Today I finished Samurai Champloo.

I had decided that after Samurai Champloo I won't download anything new, until I watch some of the stuff that is waiting either on my self or hard drive. That's why I started to watch Serial Experiments Lain today, witch DVD-box I had bought last summer.
  • I'm just starting Legend Of the Galactic Heroes. Going to start watching some older series in the queue since I have some days off. Nothing really good this season or upcoming I can see so it's good that it's a longer show.
  • Finished Cowboy Bebop, downloading Trigun. Also considering watching Gundam 00, not really sure though. The first episode was okay, but not as good as SEED or, dare I say it, G Gundam.