This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokemon curiousity.

edited November 2009 in Anime
Hey Forum, today I pondered about my classic childhood anime Pokemon. I stopped watching the series a couple of years back when It defined the word repetition. Was curious as to know if anyone in the forum still checks it out, and know what became of Ash, Gary and Ash's Father.

Comments

• Well, as an Admin to a relatively popular Pokemon site, I have to say that a good number of people don't actually pay attention to the anime on a regular basis. That includes myself, actually.

Either way, as far as I can remember, Gary has become a Pokemon Researcher to work with Professor Rowan. Gary has unanimously become stronger than Ash, but their rivalry is now filled with mutual respect as opposed to envy or jealousy.

Ash's story is all over the place, and his father isn't really mentioned all that much.
  • edited November 2009
    Thanks VentureJ, Just one more thing. Is Ash's story almost at a close?
    Post edited by GreenCup on
  • Despite my fondness for its camp, and my admiration for it's ability to garner a fandom despite its mediocrity, the Pokemon anime is just that-- mediocre at best. Usually, it's crap. I used to watch faithfully in the Misty days. It wasn't that great then, and now it sucks. I too check it out very rarely out of curiosity, but it's always the same irritating result.

I want to know why you wanted to know about Ash's father. It actually made me laugh when you asked that, because it made it sound as if you expected character background, or character development. That will never be touched upon because it's too dark, and doesn't sell pokemon.

This show is all about selling pokemon merchandise. Ash is still doing the same thing he was when you watched it-- checking out new pokemon, catching them, letting the old ones go, etc. The only difference now is that Misty was replaced with a cheerleader that embodies gender stereotypes. She is following Ash around and being incompetent.
  • Is Ash's story almost at a close?
    Ash isn't really a character, he's more of an avatar. Him being as such, he doesn't really have a story, he's just a way to get the viewer involved.
  • It actually made me laugh when you asked that, because it made it sound as if you expected character background, or character development
    lol. I asked for too much didn't I? Ash's energy to keep at it inspires me.
  • It's perfectly normal for people around your age to become curious about Pokemon. There's no shame in it; everyone goes through a phase of learning and discovery where they find out what Pokemon is, and learn all of the different names for the Pokemon. You may even start enjoying Pokemon with other people, and that's natural and even desirable; you just have to be sensible about it, and take the necessary precautions. Talk to your parents about Pokemon; the conversation may be awkward, but it's important to keep that line of communication open during this very vulnerable time of learning.
  • It's perfectly normal for people around your age to become curious about Pokemon...
    Pete, my hat is off to you for that. You win the thread.
  • It's perfectly normal for people around your age to become curious about Pokemon...
    Pete, my hat is off to you for that. You win the thread.
    THIS.
  • I saw the thread title and couldn't resist.
  • Ohmigosh, that's awesome. Thank you Pete.
  • I hear more people have fun enjoying pokemon aaaaaall alone...
  • This thread is about to become one big innuendo.
  • Good job WhaleShark, good job.
    classic
    ... Whahahaha-you're serious? Also, it's Pokémon. It's just an episodic television show. Nothing ever happens. Same goes for the movies, they're there, but at the end "Oh shit, this isn't supposed to happen. Mind wipe." and nobody ever remembers.
    what became of Ash
    Still 10 years old, still doing the same thing.
    Gary
    Grew up, became awesome, if he bothered he'd win every competition.
    Ash's father.
    Still non-existant. Ash has no story, never has, probably never will. Did you expect anything else? The only character I know who got some development is Brock. Whose parents returned home and made up.
  • Pete, your awesome post is too large for me to put on facebook. Damn!
  • GeoGeo
    edited November 2009
    Pete, this is just one of the many reasons why you are too awesome and the how the forum cannot contain that much awesomeness.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Re Pete's awesomeness: That's right; I'm hittin' that!
    Right now?
    Right now?
    She's very adept at multi-tasking.
  • edited November 2009
    Re Pete's awesomeness: That's right; I'm hittin' that!
    Right now?
    Probably, latops and smart phones are nothing, if not convenient.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
    Right now?
    Oh, if wishing made it so...
  • Pika-chooooo... ;3
  • I prefer to follow the adventures of the characters in Pokemon Adventures. I did follow the series when it first started (admittedly, I still do), but I don't really watch it for the "story". I just watch it for the animated battles.
    ...The english voice actors aren't really fitting to me this time around. I want the old James back (season 1).
  • edited November 2009
    It's perfectly normal for people around your age to become curious about Pokemon. There's no shame in it; everyone goes through a phase of learning and discovery where they find out what Pokemon is, and learn all of the different names for the Pokemon. You may even start enjoying Pokemon with other people, and that's natural and even desirable; you just have to be sensible about it, and take the necessary precautions. Talk to your parents about Pokemon; the conversation may be awkward, but it's important to keep that line of communication open during this very vulnerable time of learning.
    Wow I actually feel violated. fml
    Post edited by GreenCup on