This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What anime are you watching? v2.0

Comments

• Started watching Giant Robo: the Animation. It's pretty cool, if a bit old school.
  • Finished Cowboy Bebop, downloading Trigun. Also considering watching Gundam 00, not really sure though. The first episode was okay, but not as good as SEED or, dare I say it, G Gundam.
    It doesn't come close to seed. It was average and has some good parts but suffers in the second season. If you have free time I say watch it. Otherwise, save it for later.
  • Kay. I'll save it for after I'm actually done with SEED. Only got about halfway through that show. Not even to the good parts.
    And I probably won't get to SEED until after Trigun and Princess Tutu...
  • edited November 2009
    G Gundam is awesome!
    I love you Yasuhiro Imagawa!
    EDIT : videos were taken down due to their awesomeness :P
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • I finished Soul Eater today. I liked the show, but I wish it had stayed a little more consistent with itself at the end. It just made little to no sense how they won.
  • I love G Gundam. I just know a lot of people don't.
  • It was a great Gundam series. One of my favorites was V Gundam but that is hit or miss with some people also.
  • G Gundam is awesome!

<3</p>
    Why are you spoiling all the good things. >_>
  • G Gundam is awesome!

<3</p>
    Why are you spoiling all the good things. >_>
    Sorry :P
  • It was average and has some good parts but suffers in the second season.
    I loved the combination between the realistic story and the Gurren Lagann level of craziness of the Gundams themselves.
  • I just watched Summer Wars. An amazing movie, I recommend you all watch it. As far as I know, though, the version I downloaded is the only English subtitled one at the moment, and it's not a very good job, but the excellence of the movie makes up for it.

• This is an ugly looking mahjong show. Only watch it if you are STRONG enough to understand what it means to be a gambler.

• This is an ugly looking mahjong show. Only watch it if you are STRONG enough to understand what it means to be a gambler.
    First Akagi, now this. I sort of see a small, but growing trend of mahjong anime that are plagued with bad design.
  • Gambling shows are ugly because ugly things happen in them.
  • So, I lied. There was more anime after Galactic Heroes, though admittedly in a much different genre. What show restored my faith in finding anime to watch, you ask? Nodame Cantabile! Freaking great.

Up next: Princess Tutu, since so many of you keep mentioning it.
  • This is an ugly looking mahjong show.
    Ugly? What? That looks pretty darned standard low budget anime if you ask me. At least it's not the cookie-cutter default designs that are widespread these days. Also, hell yes Legendary Gambler Tetsuya.
    First Akagi, now this.
    >First Akagi
    >First
    WHAHAHAHA. Oh Yupa, you so stupid. You keep surprising me. Had you not specifically mentioned 'anime' you would've been a bit less wrong. Legendary Gambler Tetsuya is from the early 2000s, whereas the Akagi anime is from halfway the 2000s. Akagi has a specific style yes, the mangaka just chooses to design his characters that way, but it's not bad design. Ugly is just your opinion, so take your 'plague' and shove it up your ass since there is nothing wrong with it, other than your perception of it.
  • Well, arguably, Nine, if someone dislikes the design, then it is bad design to them. That's just what he thinks. You think it's good design, whatever. He just stated his opinion, and he wasn't trying to force it on anyone. There's no reason to try and force your opinion on him.
    Also, why keep raising arguments? I've said it once, I'll say it again, if you don't like what Matt says, ignore him. You have more options than what you're doing.
  • You think it's good design, whatever.
    I never said it was a good design Axel, don't try to tell me otherwise.
    He just stated his opinion, and he wasn't trying to force it on anyone. There's no reason to try and force your opinion on him.
    As I said, I'm not stating an opinion. I'm pointing out one so retarded that it's accompanied with generalization and brought as fact.
    I've said it once, I'll say it again, if you don't like what Matt says, ignore him. You have more options than what you're doing.
    I know Yupa is too stupid to realize it, but I thought you were smart and nice enough to realize what's going on.
  • Since I've got nothing else here, and no time to watch long things, I've just been watching Hokuto no Ken episodes here and there. I actually saw the "oh no!" episode.
  • I've said it once, I'll say it again, if you don't like what Matt says, ignore him. You have more options than what you're doing.
    I know Yupa is too stupid to realize it, but I thought you were smart and nice enough to realize what's going on.
    Way to insult and compliment me at the same time...Nice...Doesn't change the fact that you ignored what I just said. Why don't you just ignore Matt? Why do you continue to respond?
  • GeoGeo
    edited November 2009
    You think it's good design, whatever.
    I never said it was a good design Axel, don't try to tell me otherwise.
    He just stated his opinion, and he wasn't trying to force it on anyone. There's no reason to try and force your opinion on him.
    As I said, I'm not stating an opinion. I'm pointing out one so retarded that it's accompanied with generalization and brought as fact.
    I've said it once, I'll say it again, if you don't like what Matt says, ignore him. You have more options than what you're doing.
    Thank you for providing me with some humor in an otherwise boring, homework filled day Nine.
    EDIT: Someone should make a series of shorts about your detachment from reality entitled "The Misadventures of Nine".
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Nineless: It's a little late of a response, but the Clannad anime ends in happy tears after many sad tears. It's sort of a roller coaster.
  • [T]he Clannad anime ends in happy tears after many sad tears. It's sort of a roller coaster.
    Tears nonetheless, thanks for the info.
  • Thanks Rym for talking about GitS SAC, right now I'm watching 2nd Gig and it's awesome.
  • Still trying to finish gundam wing and waiting for netflix to send the rest of the disks. My friend bought what she thought was the entire series, fail, it only had the first 26 episodes on it.
  • edited November 2009
    Since I've got nothing else here, and no time to watch long things, I've just been watching Hokuto no Ken episodes here and there. I actually saw the "oh no!" episode.
    If you want to run through the 50 first episodes, the movie is a good watch. I mean seeing Kenshiro being reborn is something to behold! Once I get home I will try to find a youtube link :P

Fast forward to: 4:30
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • Right now I'm watching the original Patlabour OVAs. They're really funny and awesome. Also, in the third episode, there are some totally cool Godzilla references. Also, Noa is really good looking. Furthermore, this anime is Anime World Order approved.
  • Right now I'm watching the original Patlabour OVAs. They're really funny and awesome. Also, in the third episode, there are some totally cool Godzilla references. Also, Noa is really good looking. Furthermore, this anime is Anime World Order approved.
    That's the one with the Black Labor, right?
  • Rewatched Sword of the Stranger and Evangelion 1.01 over the weekend. Sword of the Stranger on Blu-Ray is amazing! Love that movie. Eva 1.01 is a weird thing for me because there are lots of brilliant things about it, but other things that are the same as the show and still bug me. Either way, the wait for a DVD fansub of Eva 2.0 seems to be taking forever.
  • Eva 1.01 is a weird thing for me because there are lots of brilliant things about it, but other things that are the same as the show and still bug me. Either way, the wait for a DVD fansub of Eva 2.0 seems to be taking forever.
    You know, I still don't get why they call it Evangelion 1.0 and Evangelion 1.01. I have a hunch, and if it's that, I'm going to groan loudly.