This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Which Anime should I watch next?

edited December 2009 in Anime
The eternal question, "Which Anime should I watch next?" is on every anime fan's lips. Please refrain from simply listing titles, instead please give a short ad copy about the basic plot of the show and why it is good. Please finish the show before posting it on this board. Post away!

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Perhaps you should post what anime you have watched already. Just a suggestion.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
    edited December 2009
    EDIT: Fuck this shit, OP's a moron.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Please refrain from simply listing titles, instead please give a short ad copy about the basic plot of the show and why it is good.
    Fuck that, you do the leg work.
  • Please refrain from simply listing titles, instead please give a short ad copy about the basic plot of the show and why it is good.
    Yeah, dude. Google, Wikipedia, Anime News Network Encyclopedia. Seriously.
  • edited December 2009
    Oh god why didn't I watch SDF Macross TV sooner. The movie was great so I watched the first DVD. I liked it, then I saw episode 6. I LOVE it now. When watching it me and my friends started cheering, laughing and dividing us up into the Minmay lovers and anti Minmay crew.

Post edited by Viga on
  • I am with Viga, Macross is an awesome show I am so glad I got the Animeigo release. If you are lucky you can find it really super cheap :D
    I will admit that I am a Min May lover but I also like Misa and Miriya. I mean all the characters from Macross are awesome with the exception of Minmay's cousin/ love interest : (
  • Minmay sucks, and her cousin sucks even worse.

Max and Milia = win

Roy = 2x win
  • If you like giant robot shows, and haven't seen it already, go check out GaoGaigar FINAL. GaoGaiGar TV is of varying quality, but FINAL starts with the hero fighting a giant robot made out of rings and ends with GaoGaiGar taking a hammer the size of a planet and using it to smash a FAKE SUN.
  • GaoGaiGar Final is awesome and it gives a proper end to a great series!
    Yeah, dude. Google, Wikipedia, Anime News Network Encyclopedia. Seriously.
    I guess I didn't word that correctly. What I ment was that I didn't want people to write simply

"Akikan, 'nuf said"

Partially becuase Akikan is terrible, but mostly becuase it dosen't tell me why they enjoyed the show.

What I intended was to spawn a suggestion thread.
    I agree.
  • edited December 2009
    I agree.
    says progSHELL, but doesn't post the anime he has watched.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited December 2009
    Heh. I just noticed that I meant to post the Macross love in the anime I'm watching now thread. Not here. Oops...

And Roy is 2x win.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Heh. I just noticed that I meant to post the Macross love in the anime I'm watching now thread. Not here. Oops...
    Let me know when you guys watch things like that!
  • Heh. I just noticed that I meant to post the Macross love in the anime I'm watching now thread. Not here. Oops...
    Let me know when you guys watch things like that!
    I'm getting the rest of the DVDs. I think this calls for a marathon.

• I guess I didn't word that correctly. What I ment was that I didn't want people to write simply

"Akikan, 'nuf said"

Partially becuase Akikan is terrible, but mostly becuase it dosen't tell me why they enjoyed the show.

I agree.
    Why

the

cunt

do

you

keep

hitting

Enter

after

every

sentence

?

Please

stop

being

so

stupid

It

is

rather

annoying

to

read

Read

the

rules

topic

It

tells

you

how

you

should

too

Thank

you

• edited December 2009
    I agree.
    says progSHELL, but doesn't post the anime he has watched.
    Sorry, I was only half reading the suggestion when I typed that. Here are a few anime I enjoyed.
    Ghost in the Shell (Movies and TV series)
    Nausicca
    Castle in the Sky
    Cowboy Bebop
    Spirited Away
    Escaflowne
    Serial Experiments Lain
    Just to name a few. I kind of hoped that this thread would become a more general "Which anime should one watch next" discussion.
    I guess I didn't word that correctly. What I meant was that I didn't want people to write simply
    "Akikan, 'nuf said"
    Partially because Akikan is terrible, but mostly because it doesn't tell me why they enjoyed the show.
    I agree.
    Why the cunt do you keep hitting Enter after every sentence? Please stop being so stupid. It is rather annoying to read. Read the rules topic. It tells you how you should quote too. Thank you.
    I apologise. I had no idea my writing style was so hard to read. I will try to keep my writing more condensed in the future. Do not read any sarcasm into this, I am seriously apologizing to you. I have checked the forum rules thread and there is nothing about spacing or quoting. Could you direct me to the rules that you are referring to?
    I hope you don't mind me reformating your post when I quoted it. It is no insult against you, just a space saver.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • Baccano
    This.
  • I have checked the forum rules thread and there is nothing about spacing or quoting. Could you direct me to the rules that you are referring to?
    Seems Scott has removed the how to quote hint. It went something like this.
    When quoting don't hit Enter after the blockquote. Don't do this:
    Content of post you are quoting.
    Your response to the quoted post.

Instead, do this:
    Content of post you are quoting.
    Your response to the quoted post.
    I wonder why this has been removed. Either way, if you look at your latest post, you can see a lot of empty lines. Those are really unneeded. A new line should only be put in between paragraphs. As to make reading it easier. Too many newlines however make it just as unreadable as no newlines at all.
    I hope you don't mind me reformating your post when I quoted it. It is no insult against you, just a space saver.
    Such is obvious and was the goal of the post. No need to apologize about that reformatting.
  • Free legally YouTube sreaming Captain Tylor. I know most of you haven't seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nozomient
  • Free legally YouTube sreaming Captain Tylor. I know most of you haven't seen it.

If you live in the US.
  • If you live in the US.
    Even YouTube?
  • If you live in the US.
    Even YouTube?
    Youtube's let people put region locks on for a long ass-time.
  • Youtube's let people put region locks on for a long ass-time.
    Fuck fuck.
  • If you live in the US.
    Even YouTube?
    Where have you been the last years? It's a surprisingly often occurring thing that a video posted on these forums is region locked.
  • Where have you been the last years?
    In the US, home of the Internet? ;^)
    edited July 2010
    home of the Internet
    If it was the home of the internet everybody would have affordable internet. Fact, neither of those claims is the case.
    Post edited by ... on
  • In the US, home of the Internet? ;^)
    Actually, since finland is, to the best of my knowlege, the first country to declare internet access to be a human right, I'd call that the home of the internet.

If you live in the US.
    It seems to be working for me here in Australia also.
  • It seems to be working for me here in Australia also.
    Ditto that, I watched both of them last night.