This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Roy E. Disney is dead

GeoGeo
edited December 2009 in News
Roy E. Disney, son of Roy Disney, brother of Walt Disney has left this earth. To many Disney enthusiasts, such as myself and Ryan, this is very unexpected and depressing.

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Whenever I see the sentence "Mr./Mrs. X is dead", my first response, no matter what I think about that person is "GOOD! That rat bastard deserved to die. I'm glad he's dead, and I hope he's in Hell!" It's a sort of comic relief/coping mechanism.

I often say that sort of thing when we're watching the news. The news guy will say, "One hundred and twenty punk kids fell to their deaths last night when the bungie cord store sent the wrong lengths of bungie cords to the Duke Ellington Bridge", (made-up fucking story. If you try to ppick it apart, you'll sound like the over-analytical geek you probably are), and I'll say, "GOOD! Their deaths please me."
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
    edited December 2009
    Disney is dead, long live Disney! Roy E. was the Disney that stirred shit up in a good way, no? As long as he has a good person following him all will be okay. Besides, we all die, and 79 is a good age, not early, just average.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Fuck you, Joe. Roy Disney has done a lot for youth sailing. He made yearly donations of sails and equiptment to SCYYRA, the organization that puts together all the races for high school students in southern California, as well as semi-recently making a documentary about young adults sailing the TrasPac and authorized screening privlages to any youth foundation wanting to hold a funraiser. To my knowledge, this film never even got a widespread theater release, it was made for the sole purpose of promoting youth sailing. For that, he's earned my eternal respect.
  • edited December 2009
    Fuck you, Joe. Roy Disney bloppity bloppity blah. For that, he's earned my eternal respect.
    Notice I said that "GOOD!" is my usual reaction no matter who the person is. I'm sure Roy Disney was a fine fellah. My reaction is to the sentence structure. "Mr. X is dead" just calls out for "GOOD!" as a response. It doesn't matter if Mr. X was good or not. Please don't take offense.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • I understood what you were saying. Doesn't mean you weren't deserving of disrespectful laguage for it :P
  • I understood what you were saying. Doesn't mean you weren't deserving of disrespectful laguage for it :P
    It's a quirk I have. I just think that response is funny.
  • A tribute to a great man.

I remember watching the original VHS release of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and seeing him talk about the making of the movie. The sheer amount of love and passion that he expressed when talking about his family's work was something that greatly inspired me, so this passing really hit me at part of my core.
  • GeoGeo
    edited December 2009
    A tribute to a great man.

I remember watching the original VHS release of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and seeing him talk about the making of the movie. The sheer amount of love and passion that he expressed when talking about his family's work was something that greatly inspired me, so this passing really hit me at part of my core.
    I had the same video!! That is one major reason why I posted it, and also another reason is that a great member who carried the Disney torch for such a long time has dropped it, and it will be passed on to someone who will carry on the Disney name.
    Post edited by Geo on