This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Wario Ware

edited January 2007 in Video Games
OK, I know someone must have gotten the new game by now... details?

Comments

• It's fun, its not very long. Touched was much longer, but it's likely meant to be a multiplayer game at its base, but I have yet to play it multiplayer.

It's interesting how many different ways they came up with how to use the remote.
  • OK. Right now I only own Wii Sports and Excite Truck. I just got a $50 gift card. Should I get this or something else?
  • OK. Right now I only own Wii Sports and Excite Truck. I just got a $50 gift card. Should I get this or something else?
    How could you not have Zelda?
  • How could I not have Zelda? It's quite simple. I'm a married man with a kid. Most of the games I buy are games that I can play with my family, as such 1-player games are low on my list.
  • The game doesn't have simultaneous multiplayer, which was the only glaring thing lacking from the Gamecube Wario Ware.

That sucks, and has significantly delayed what would've otherwise been a day one purchase.
  • There are some simultaneous multiplayer games in Smooth Moves, but generally thats not the point of the game. The game is based around doing minigames back to back fast, but there is the 12 player mode.
  • Is it "12 player" mode or "1-12 player" mode?
  • edited January 2007
    There are some simultaneous multiplayer games in Smooth Moves, but generally thats not the point of the game. The game is based around doing minigames back to back fast, but there is the 12 player mode.
    The only games in the Gamecube Wario Ware that were really fun were ones like the turtles, or the one where you could block another player's view. Passing a remote back and forth doesn't sound nearly as fun to me.
    Post edited by Dave on
  • Is it "12 player" mode or "1-12 player" mode?
    Up to 12 players. The full 12 aren't necessary.
  • There are some simultaneous multiplayer games in Smooth Moves, but generally thats not the point of the game. The game is based around doing minigames back to back fast, but there is the 12 player mode.
    The only games in the Gamecube Wario Ware that were really fun were ones like the turtles, or the one where you could block another player's view. Passing a remote back and forth doesn't sound nearly as fun to me.
    The Othello one where you had to defeat the robot is also good. Once in awhile the ninja jump rope was also fun. The other games were indeed kind of useless.

I get the feeling that Nintendo really thinks of Wario Ware as mostly a one-player experience. They don't seem to fully grasp that multiplayer is necessary for the game to really shine. Also, I think their goal for the Wii version was that you pass the Wiimote and then everyone else should get joy from being a spectator. I imagine it is quite entertaining for normal people to watch their friend pretend to hula hoop, so they don't mind non-simultaneous play. Geeks need to hula-hoop in unison to even get close to fun.
  • Yeah, that's exactly my point. I'm sure the singe player game is fun enough, but is fun enough really -enough-? GC Wario Ware was at its best when it was pitting all the players against each other. I'd posit that even allowing each player to have their own remote, even if it was still round robin games, would be a better solution. At least then you don't feel like you're five years old again, taking turns at Super Mario.

Contra and Gradius both had two player modes, but which was more fun? No simultaneous multiplayer has dropped this down from "buy immediately and showcase at the Superbowl party" to "I'll get it eventually, I guess." Sucks.
  • OK...

I just got this game as birthday present and I have to ask... At one point do you understand why you are winning/losing the games?

I seem to be doing well enough but more often than not the game starts and I have no idea what I am supposed to do. Am I just too old for this game? I was doing one of the stacking "waiter" games and it seemed like nothing I did with my hand had an impact with what was going on on the screen!
  • edited January 2007
    OK...
    I just got this game as birthday present and I have to ask... At one point do you understand why you are winning/losing the games?
    Have you ever played a Wario Ware game before? If not, it probably won't be as accessible to you. The flow of the gameplay is that you are given a one or two word instruction, you play the game that lasts about 5 second, and you repeat with a new game. Everything get progressively faster. I suggest reading the manual for further insight.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I read the manual before posting, there was not much too it.
  • I read the manual before posting, there was not much too it.
    While I agree that video game manuals aren't what they used to be, there's not much to WarioWare. Pick up the Wiimote, do what the screen says. It's that simple.
  • edited January 2007
    I suggest reading the Manuel for further insight.
    Ci, I agree. Manuel is a very tempting, veeeeerrrrryyy sexy little helper. Ah, those Latin-blooded ones always get me going.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • I suggest reading the Manuel for further insight.
    Ci, I agree. Manuel is a very tempting, veeeeerrrrryyy sexy little helper. Ah, those Latin-blooded ones always get me going.
    Why the hell did I captalize that?
  • Help!

I'm stuck on the stage with the dog and cat in the cab. I can't figure out how to clear the boss level. I have no problem squating or jumping for the first half but the second half where you go to "elephant" nothing I do does anything! What am I supposed to do? One time (among many attempts) some bananas shot out before the ball showed up.

HELP!
  • You shoot the fruit into the nose's nostrils. Make sure the remote is actually pointing at the screen, as that part uses the IR functionality as opposed to the first bit of the stage which only uses the accelerometer.
  • I had to cheat last night to pass this part of the game.

When I am standing up my head is about 3 feet above the TV (the TV sits a foot of the ground) and that was my problem. This also explains why I have been having such a hard time with some of the games!
  • I had to cheat last night to pass this part of the game.

When I am standing up my head is about 3 feet above the TV (the TV sits a foot of the ground) and that was my problem. This also explains why I have been having such a hard time with some of the games!
    Put the sensor bar on top of the TV instead of on the bottom. Bottom seems to work best for playing games while sitting on the floor. Top seems to be best for playing games standing up.
  • I know I'm pulling up an older thread, but I've been listening to the older podcasts, and I just can't help but comment. I'm not sure if anyone else has brought this up, but after playing Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, I really enjoyed it. I'm also really into webcomics, and after reading this episode of VG Cats, I couldnt' stop laughing. I love Scott Ramsoomair, and think his comics are brilliant.

Just something to make you chuckle. I think my favorite panel is the 8th one, with the look on Leo's face. XD
  • edited June 2007
    I know I'm pulling up an older thread, but I've been listening to the older podcasts, and I just can't help but comment. I'm not sure if anyone else has brought this up, but after playing Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, I really enjoyed it. I'm also really into webcomics, and after readingthis episodeofVG Cats, I couldnt' stop laughing. I love Scott Ramsoomair, and think his comics are brilliant.

Just something to make you chuckle. I think my favorite panel is the 8th one, with the look on Leo's face. XD

VGCats is one of the best comics out there for video game fans!

As far as Wario Ware goes, I couldn't get into it. I traded it back in because it just didn't hold my attention. I also was looking forward to Mario Party 8, but I read a lot of bad reviews for it. Now I'm just waiting for Super Smash Brothers, Wii Music, and Mario Galaxy.
    Post edited by supachim on
  • VG Cats makes the same jokes into infinity. Mario's gay, Link's gay, Goku's gay (and a pederast). I get it already.