This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of your Boo-Yah (and vica-versa)

Comments

• Oh, so now we're making Twilight jokes? Excellent.
    Not at all. Five words - SHUT THE FUCK UP, PEPPERBOX!
  • Not at all. Five words - SHUT THE FUCK UP, PEPPERBOX!
    Q.Q
  • As in "I swear officer, she told me she was 500 years old. And a vampire!"

Goddamnit, this joke is the fail of my day.
  • I know that wasn't a Let the Right One In joke but everyone should watch that movie anyway.
  • My new camera is awesome, however, it has just blown through 2.2GB of card in less than a day..
    On the upside, I can blow up the cat's face to the size of my monitor and still see every detail.
  • My new camera is awesome, however, it has just blown through 2.2GB of card in less than a day..
    Picture please, as I want to see this cat's face and go "dawwwww"
  • Boo yah: Got to talk with a former member of my fave band Red This Ever and current member of my new favorite band Xuberx at Midnight.

Fail: Wanted to go to him to dance, but got blocked by a drunk guy randomly grabbing me to dance. In the end I didn't get to dance with him.

Boo yah: My favorite drink is back at the club!

fail: It's twice the price. Boo.
  • Boo yah: My server is back online!

Fail: I tried out Ubuntu server. It doesn't come with wget, man, or other very basic programs. This confused me, and I couldn't figure out why wget and man weren't working.

Result: Eventually I realized they weren't installed and installed them. Still, that gave me a fright.
  • edited December 2009
    Boo-Yah: I'm going to be in the States for ~5 months.
    Fail: I'm delaying my university studies here by half a year.
    Boo-Yah: I'm going with my family and they're paying for the trip.
    Fail: My family will be living in Wyoming.
    Boo-Yah: I'll reasonably be able to go to other places in the States during that time.
    Fail: Wyoming.
    Mini-fail: I'm 20 and the legal drinking age in the States is 21, unlike 18 here in Australia.

While on the way I'll be stopping at New York from the 3rd to the 7th of January, most of the rest of the time (until early June) will be spent in Wyoming but I ought to be able to get to places that don't suck a few times, since I won't be doing too much.

I'll be happy to accept advice on why I'm an idiot, and things that do/don't suck.

EDIT:
    How could I forget? I would love to meet many of you FRC forum peoples.
    I'd love to know when and where to be. In particular, I know it's not con season but I'd love to know about conventions I should go to (pretty much anywhere in the US, I guess). I'm interested in pretty much all of GeekNights' main geekeries, i.e. technology, anime/manga/comics, video games/board games/RPGs. If anyone wants to help me out in detail I will start a separate thread.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Fail: Wyoming.
  • Boo yah: I had my Saturnalia/Housewarming party on Friday. People from disparate social groups mingled, and only one person got belligerently drunk!
    Fail: Someone knocked over my bookcase, so now I need to buy a new one. That's an expense I don't need.
    Boo yah: But my power wasn't shut off during the party, and my bank finally got it's shit together and refunded me the $350 they took, so I can pay bills and go to the moon and such.
    Fail: The job I currently have doesn't pay that much, and the second job is hesitating on hiring me. The third job was only a one-time gig that would take place when I'm busy, so I can't take it.
  • Boo Yah: I'm finally going to do Driver's Ed
    Fail: It starts the day after Christmas, and I'm going to have one of the craziest instructors in the county.
    Boo Yah: My sister, the only immediate family member I would call a friend, is home for winter break.
    Fail: I don't have my own room, and listening to her go on about college and studying abroad is supremely depressing.
    Boo Yah: I finally dragged my Linux box into the living room and stuck and Ethernet cable in it's rear so I could mess about with all of the more interesting bits of Ubuntu...
    Fail: ...Because the power supply in my other computer is dying.
    Boo Yah: Christmas, for all it's failings, is usually a cheery holiday among my friends and family.
    Fail: This year more than any other I'm feeling the tension between my atheistic leanings and everyone else's beliefs. Living in the bible belt sucks.
  • That feeling you get when you hold money in your hands you've worked hard for and feel accomplished but know it's all going on bills.
  • That feeling you get when you hold money in your hands you've worked hard for and feel accomplished but know it's all going on bills.
    Responsibility: it's a bitch.
    Responsibility: it's a bitch.
    Quoted for truth.
  • Boo-yah: The new Frontrwocrew tab on the webpage that takes you to the main page. (I'm sure not only Starfox or myself are pleased by this change.)
    Fail: I keep clicking on it instead of the Discussions tab.
  • Fail: I keep clicking on it instead of the Discussions tab.
    This. Oh my god this.
    This. Oh my god this.
    Same here.
    This. Oh my god this.
    Same here.
    Add me to the list.
  • I have yet to do that because I usually just click the "Back to Discussions" link at the bottom of the page instead.
  • I have yet to do that because I usually just click the "Back to Discussions" link at the bottom of the page instead.
    I just open every thread in a new tab, and close the discussions page, and close each tab as I read it.
  • edited December 2009
    I have yet to do that because I usually just click the "Back to Discussions" link at the bottom of the page instead.
    I just open every thread in a new tab, and close the discussions page, and close each tab as I read it.
    Same. But when I do need to go back to Discussions, I click the link at the bottom.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I have yet to do it (and probably never will) because I get to the discussions front-page via a keyboard shortcut which is so ingrained that I usually hit it instead of F5 even if I just want to refresh the discussions page. Wouldn't hurt to maybe move the tab over to the right or something, though.
  • Same. But when I do need to go back to Discussions, I click the link at the bottom.
    Ah - I just have a shortcut in my taskbar.
  • It took me five hours, three different kinds of digital media, three computers, a total of an hour and a half driving, and one motherfucking Sony Picture Station to print out all 516 photos I needed to gifts of wedding albums to family members the other day.
  • Used to be the big "Front Row Crew Forum" link at the top went to frontrowcrew.com. I say bring that back.
  • I had a lot of fun tobogganing in the park yesterday and I thought I'd turn in early for Christmas day. So now it's 1:40AM and I'm wide awake and may just end up sleeping through Christmas day.
  • I accidentally added to much milk to the mash potatoes. I thought it would be ruined, but then I took a colander and drained it over a pot. Then it was all better! Now to let it sit and get thicker.

It's a minor fail/booyah , but I'm happy. These potatoes are a gift for my friend.
  • I had a lot of fun teabagging in the park yesterday and I thought I'd turn in early for Christmas day. So now it's 1:40AM and I'm wide awake and may just end up sleeping through Christmas day.