This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Can you hear that far-off roar? It's Space Runaway Ideon!

edited December 2009 in Everything Else
I picked up this series to watch as part of a simulwatchathon on another forum after hearing about it for years. It's one of the major inspirations for Eva, for one thing.

The basic plot is that in some ruins, humans find three machines. Upon getting attacked by the Buff Clan, they manage to form the "Legendary God", Ideon, and go into space. It's interesting to see a super robot anime where the characters don't instantly know everything about the robot in question, and there's not universal communication. Also, on just a sci-fi level, it's very interesting to see a show where the aliens aren't significantly more advanced than humans, and are both at kinda this same semi-low level, where interstellar travel is known but difficult, etc. It seems like it's going to be an interesting show, and it was never licensed, so I don't even have to feel guilty about linking to a torrent.

Comments

• I downloaded the series 2-3 weeks ago and have had it sitting on my hard drive since then... Still haven't gotten around to starting it, but I'm looking forward to giving it a shot.
  • So, I finally got around to watching Be Invoked, the second movie. Seriously, people, watch this show. If not the show, then the summery movie (A Contact) and the GRAND FINALE (Be Invoked). It's probably one of the most interesting 3 hours of anime I've ever watched.