This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Reform With No Wasted Draws: The Legend of Koizumi

edited January 2010 in Manga/Comics
Do you like Manly Men doing Manly Things?

Do you like to see fights of international diplomacy?

Do you like to see the true face of fear?

Do you like gratuitous cameos from former presidents?

Then Reform With No Wasted Draws: The Legend of Koizumi is for you. The series follows the adventures of former prime minister of Japan Junichiro Koizumi as he rights wrongs and dispenses justice at the Majong table. He smashes both Bushes, shows Kim Jong-Il where he can shove his movie collection, shows Putin what true manlyness is, and tops it off by facing off against the Pope and his Genesis play! In a rare move, something this awesome got a webcast and is getting an anime in February. Just remember, watch out for the Rising Sun!

gIO4Uw36-JE

Comments

• Oh mans, that was awesome. The over-the-top manliness and ridiculous, non-sequiter melodrama had me in stitches the entire time. Not only that, but it was pretty well animated and had awesome music. Watching it just makes me happy on almost every level; I need to see more!
  • Watching it just makes me happy on almost every level; I need to see more!
    QFT
  • That was pretty epic.
  • Read the first 7 chapters or so and watched the YouTube video in the first post. Truly fucking epic.
  • New chapter up. Spoilers (The G8 shows up, and they take half of them, along with Pope Benedict, up to the moon to play Majong against Hitler for the fate of earth.)

Best.
    Manga.
    Ever.
  • It is awesome.
  • Another chapter up overnight.

Spoilers: (Medvedev: So long, buddy....)
  • edited January 2010
    Seems like Mangafox has been posting a new chapter every day for the last four or so. I approve.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Seems like Mangafox has been posting a new chapter every day for the last four or so. I approve.
    I think /a/nonymous (which is obviously a bunch of people from /a/ on 4chan) are burning through this as fast as they can. It's not so much mangafox being fast as /a/nonymous being fast.
  • I think /a/nonymous (which is obviously a bunch of people from /a/ on 4chan) are burning through this as fast as they can. It's not so much mangafox being fast as /a/nonymous being fast.
    Say what you like about 4chan, but you must admit, when they put their collective mind towards a project like this, they get things done with an almost unparalleled speed.
  • I think /a/nonymous (which is obviously a bunch of people from /a/ on 4chan) are burning through this as fast as they can. It's not so much mangafox being fast as /a/nonymous being fast.
    Say what you like about 4chan, but you must admit, when they put their collective mind towards a project like this, they get things done with an almost unparalleled speed.
    I've never doubted 4chan's ability to be focused toward good. For all the bad that comes out, I think it's generally negated by the neat stuff that comes out. For ever Rickroll, there's a RapidSearch.
  • For ever Rickroll, there's a RapidSearch.
    4chan created RapidSearch!? Mind = blown.
  • For ever Rickroll, there's a RapidSearch.
    4chan created RapidSearch!? Mind = blown.
    Actually, Popcorn Mariachi, the "God of /r/", created it, then moot bought him out and brought it in-house
  • Actually, Popcorn Mariachi, the "God of /r/", created it, then moot bought him out and brought it in-house
    I never knew this. Glorious.

As for this manga, I have a powerful thirst for it after skimming this thread. I'll have to read it.
  • Mahjong anime is the best kind of anime.
    Didn't Scrym hate Akagi passionately?
    Didn't Scrym hate Akagi passionately?
    They are not to be trusted.
  • They also dislike G Gundam.
  • edited January 2010
    They are not to be trusted.
    I am the milkman, I am here to deliver the milk.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • This manga really knows how to escalate.
  • edited January 2010
    Oh shit, [Mine Tiles]!!! Seriously, this is like the best manga ever.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • This manga really knows how to escalate.
    Understatement of the century.
  • edited January 2010
    Damn they are fast, two chapters in a single day.

"Isn't Chernobyl a beautiful thing?"
    Post edited by Banta on
  • Am I the only one who thought the doctor was going to be Faust?
  • This series is what real men are made of!
  • This manga helped me discover mangafox, which then led me to the best anime streaming site I've ever seen.

I am convinced that this series has some strange power we can't possibly comprehend.
  • The only way this could get any awesomer is if Teddy Roosevelt shows up.
  • GeoGeo
    edited January 2010
    The only way this could get any awesomer is if Teddy Roosevelt shows up.
    I highly doubt this will ever happen, but I hope he'll act like his Arsenic and Old Lace counter-part because I would rofl hysterically. But I imagine he'll speak in a quiet voice and carry a gigantic stick.
    Post edited by Geo on