This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Damekko Doubutsu

edited January 2010 in Anime
I learned about Damekko Doubutsu from none other than Rym and Scott so I believed that if anyone would know about it, it should probably be people on the forum for their show. Probably. I don't know, but I believe it was a pretty freakin' good show and that it was rather too short (maybe not, I don't know, just my opinion). Also just to point out, it was the first anime EVER that I actually finished >.<
Hopefully this discussion wont fail ^.^

(Please excuse my previous errors, I'm new to this forum and had not known about the strictness of spelling, grammar, etc...)

Comments

• edited January 2010
    The plot summary on ANN reads like a fury skit. Is there yiffing involved?
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • The plot summary on ANN reads like a fury skit. Is their yiffing involved?
    NO! Not at all, it's just people dressed up in animal suits sucking at being animals.
  • NO! Not at all, it's just people dressed up in animal suits sucking at being animals.
    So, basically, every furry comic on the internet?
  • It comes with the Rym and Scott seal of approval.

And c'mon, guys. Stop shitting all over furries. It got old about the time that /b/ was good. Which was one month in 2004.
  • Doesn't anyone remember that anthropomorphic animals made animation what it is today? I think a lot of people heard of this, it's called...um...MICKEY MOUSE! Sorry about the usual overreaction in my post, but I get frickin' tired of this "controversy" that people just cannot let go.
  • edited January 2010
    It comes with the Rym and Scott seal of approval.

And c'mon, guys. Stop shitting all over furries. It got old about the time that /b/ was good. Which was one month in 2004.
    Oh, I'm not bashing the furries. A good furry comic is still a good comic. But the good ones don't make an issue of it, they might as well be people, or vogons, or whatever. It's the bad comics that are trying to shoehorn in "OMG, I'M AN ANIMAL THAT'S LIKE A HUMAN, ISN'T THAT WACKY!" at every opportunity, and as the rule goes, 90% of everything is shit.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited January 2010
    Sorry about the usual overreaction in my post
    Congratulations, you've advanced far enough that you recognise it.
    as the rule goes, 90% of everything is shit.
    That, mind you, is an optimistic estimate.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Damekko Doubutsu is one of my favorite anime. I knew I had to watch it after listening to the podcast about it, and I loved it after the first episode. For some reason everything about it just appeals to me, and some aspects of it have partially inspired an idea for a story or comic that I plan on writing sometime in the future.

As a side note, it's never addressed that they're people in animal costumes, they're treated as if they are actually the animal they're dressed as and that's about it.
  • Is their yiffing involved?
    Get out.
  • Is their yiffing involved?
    Get out.
    No, no, you're not doing it right. This is how we do it over on the 'POS.

• The plot summary on ANN reads like a fury skit. Is their yiffing involved?
    Actually, I wrote that plot summary. XD It's the only thing I've ever contributed to the encyclopedia beyond a couple of spelling corrections and an image submission for an obscure OVA.
  • OKAY. it is not yiffy so screw off. it is simply a reeeeally good short anime that is about animals who just happen to look like people in animal suits.
    it is a VERY GOOD anime and there is no perverse stuff going on. at all.
    and it does come with rym and scott's seal of approval.
    Is their yiffing involved?
    Get out.
    No, no, you're not doing it right. This is how we do it over on the 'POS.

nice job. *fancy clap*
  • Is there yiffing involved?
    You could have at least spelled "there" right. :)
  • You're right. Fixed. And you guys don't have to get so upset. It's just a cartoon. :(
  • [A]nd it does come with [R]ym and [S]cott's seal of approval.
    Not saying much. They didn't like Akagi.
  • GeoGeo
    edited January 2010
    [A]nd it does come with [R]ym and [S]cott's seal of approval.
    While I generally trust Scrym's approval, I wanted to decide for myself whether Akagi really was as bad as they said it was. I have to agree though, it was extremely slow for no good reason and I really did think the visual design was rather unappealing to look at.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • it was extremely slow for no good reason
    Lolwut? It's a mahjong gambling anime without bullshit. Yes that means you'll likely think it's slow when you're not interested in that stuff. Hell, a shit ton happens in the first episode. Characters are introduced, the situation is made clear for all participating, and Akagi is shown to have balls of steel. And then the next episode.
    I really did think the visual design was rather unappealing to look at.
    Just you're taste, which gets skewed by the unfamiliarity. When most stuff you see is round faces with huge round eyes and no noses, then suddenly watch something the complete opposite of that, sure it's shocking.
  • Akagi is shown to have balls of steel
    This man approves.
  • [A]nd it does come with [R]ym and [S]cott's seal of approval.
    Nobody ever said they had to like everything, even though others believe it to be good.
  • Regardless of how good of a show it is, I will lend my opinion that the artist of Akagi and Legendary Gambler had character designs that make my eyes hurt to look at. It's kind of how I dislike the look of Cow and Chicken, or a number of indie comics. It's just an issue of taste. Some people hate big-eyed cute girl anime art, so hey, to each his own.
  • Regardless of how good of a show it is, I will lend my opinion that the artist of Akagi and Legendary Gambler had character designs that make my eyes hurt to look at. It's kind of how I dislike the look of Cow and Chicken, or a number of indie comics. It's just an issue of taste. Some people hate big-eyed cute girl anime art, so hey, to each his own.
    True dat, Friend, true dat.
  • Nobody ever said they had to like everything, even though others believe it to be good.
    Nobody said that indeed, so why do you mention it? I just pointed out that saying it has Scrym's seal of approval isn't saying much. It's not an argument, it's just cock-sucking. Different people Different tastes. I just used Akagi since Scrym's reasons for disliking it are laughably pathetic.
  • Nobody ever said they had to likeeverything, even though others believe it to be good.
    Nobody said that indeed, so why do you mention it? I just pointed out that saying it has Scrym's seal of approval isn't saying much. It's not an argument, it's just cock-sucking. Different people Different tastes. I just used Akagi since Scrym's reasons for disliking it are laughably pathetic.
    Whoa dude, calm down. I'm saying that it has his seal of approval so that people who trust him and his tastes might enjoy it. Doesn't mean they have to. And I would not know about any "cock-sucking" going on in this discussion. I'm just simply a fan who trusted Rym and Scott and was not disappointed. You don't have to get all hostile!
  • edited January 2010
    Whoa dude, calm down. I'm saying that it has his seal of approval so that people who trust him and his tastes might enjoy it. Doesn't mean they have to. And I would not know about any "cock-sucking" going on in this discussion. I'm just simply a fan who trusted Rym and Scott and was not disappointed. You don't have to get all hostile!
    Ah, it's okay. Hang around here long enough, and it's pretty likely that you get used to nine - you just kinda skip over the harsh bits, and notice the point of what he's saying, and if he's not really got one, you can just usually figure he's joking.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Whoa dude, calm down. I'm saying that it has his seal of approval so that people who trust him and his tastes might enjoy it. Doesn't mean they have to. And I would not know about any "cock-sucking" going on in this discussion. I'm just simply a fan who trusted Rym and Scott and was not disappointed. You don't have to get all hostile!
    Ah, it's okay. Hang around here long enough, and it's pretty likely that you get used to nine - you just kinda skip over the harsh bits, and notice the point of what he's saying, and if he's not really got one, you can just usually figure he's joking.
    Moral: Nine will insult you, get used to it.
  • Whoa dude, calm down. I'm saying that it has his seal of approval so that people who trust him and his tastes might enjoy it. Doesn't mean they have to. And I would not know about any "cock-sucking" going on in this discussion. I'm just simply a fan who trusted Rym and Scott and was not disappointed. You don't have to get all hostile!
    Moral: Nine will insult you, get used to it.
    Can do.