This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom

edited January 2010 in Video Games
Considering the sudden surge of fighting game speak in the Forums, I began to wonder if you guys were at all interested in TvC. I've done a bit of research, and I can honestly say that TvC is far more reminiscent to the original Marvel vs Capcom game, and nowhere near as twitchy/unbalanced as MvC2.

I'm still slightly on the fence about this game, not because it's bad, but because I'm not sure if I'll have people to play against. This DOES have online versus (with little-to-no lag, supposedly), so the possibility of all of us playing together is present.

Comments

• Funny I was just playing MvC2 last night (and Blueblaze and SFIV) and I was looking at the TvC at Best buy. The problem is I wanted the cool arcade control but I was wondering "would I get some use out of this beyond this game" and I couldn't answer.
  • I think the ideal control scheme for this game is the Classic Controller, really.

There's also the Hori Wii Fighting Stick, which only costs around $40. It's lesser quality, but still serves its purpose.
  • Yeah, I would get this game immediately if it wasn't Wii-only.
  • I'm looking forward to this game. My brother pre-ordered it. We probably won't go arcade style, but we definitely won't use the Wii Remote, because it ruins the whole game.
  • We probably won't go arcade style, but we definitely won't use the Wii Remote, because it ruins the whole game.
    Why in the world would you not want to go Arcade-style?
  • I'm getting the game regardless, I just pre-ordered it yesterday. Viewtiful Joe is going to be my go-to guy. I just know it.
  • We probably won't go arcade style, but we definitely won't use the Wii Remote, because it ruins the whole game.
    Why in the world would you not want to go Arcade-style?
    I suck at arcade style, and we're not going to buy a $40 Arcade Stick JUST for this game. If we could also use it on the PS3 for MvC2, then I would consider it.
    I'm getting the game regardless, I just pre-ordered it yesterday. Viewtiful Joe is going to be my go-to guy. I just know it.
    Totally. I'm looking at Zero, Mega Man Volnutt, Roll...Maybe the Gatchaman characters because they're pretty cool.
  • I suck at arcade style, and we're not going to buy a $40 Arcade Stick JUST for this game. If we could also use it on the PS3 for MvC2, then I would consider it.
    The game uses a simplified control scheme, that combined with the actual usability of Nintendo D-Pads means that I'm going to be using the Classic controller to great effect.
  • I suck at arcade style, and we're not going to buy a $40 Arcade Stick JUST for this game. If we could also use it on the PS3 for MvC2, then I would consider it.
    The game uses a simplified control scheme, that combined with the actual usability of Nintendo D-Pads means that I'm going to be using the Classic controller to great effect.
    Yeah, hopefully I will too. We might have to get a second Classic controller, then. Or one of the people playing will always be subjected to a Gamecube controller...
  • Nice to see that there's interest in this game! I think I may very well get it, just so I can play with you guys!
  • Honestly I've watched gameplay videos and this really doesn't live up to Capcom's other fighting games. Make sure you know what you're buying.
  • I'm getting this game at launch. Played it (the original version) at Anime Boston, even though the controls simpler with three attack buttons, it's just as fun I thought.
  • Honestly I've watched gameplay videos and this really doesn't live up to Capcom's other fighting games. Make sure you know what you're buying.
    I hope you don't mean MvC2, since that game is kinda terrible (when it comes to balance and fluidity).
  • I hope you don't mean MvC2, since that game is kinda terrible (when it comes to balance and fluidity).
    I meant Street Fighter and the Versus games.
  • The game is coming out tomorrow(today?)! Who's gonna pick it up?

I already have my pre-order, so I'm picking it up as soon as GameStop opens tomorrow!
  • Viewtiful Joe + Ken the Eagle = A concentrated amount of ownage.
  • So that's your team, Li? Very nice.

I'm having the (pleasant) trouble of not being able to stick with one/two character(s)...because I kinda like them all!
  • Oh, I haven't completely decided on my team. Soki from Onimusha is pretty rigged, as is Tekkaman. I haven't played enough (or unlocked all of the characters), so I haven't made a team yet.

Ken is completely rigged, though.
  • Haha, Soki and Tekka are both really slow, though. Someone like Viewtiful Joe can easily outmaneuver him.

Though, funnily enough, I really like Tekkaman. He might be my main, though I'm not entirely sure yet.
  • Someone like Viewtiful Joe can easily outmaneuver him.
    Joe is pretty slow as well, that's the only reason I may not use him.
  • Joe's not necessarily fast, like Karas, but he has great maneuverability and zoning. Plus, he's smaller, so he falls out of combos a lot easier...and those Voomerangs are excellent anti-air!
  • those Voomerangs are excellent anti-air!
    Yeah, they're pretty freaking great. I also like Morrigan's missle Hyper Combo for anti-air. Of course, it usually rids them of a lot of their life as well...
  • Though, funnily enough, I really like Tekkaman. He might be my main, though I'm not entirely sure yet.
    Because he is a dude that transforms into a robot, and that is awesome :D
  • How's the online play with this one? Is it worth playing?
    I haven't tried it yet, but I will within the next few days.
    I've played online for a bit, and there really wasn't any noticeable lag. Then again, I have relatively good cable internet, so results may vary.
  • So far my favorites are the three from Mega Man: Zero, Mega Man Volnutt, and Roll. They all kick major butt.
  • I'm definitely leaning towards a Tekkaman+Tekkaman Blade team, though it seems way too obvious. :P
  • Frank West is so fun to use (I love sending a shopping cart at the enemy to knock them down and then hitting them in the face with a golf club), and his True Mega Buster Hyper Combo is so much better than Ryu's super Hadoken.
  • Apparently there is the chance that Tatsunoko vs Capcom may get additional characters in the form of downloadable content. Most importantly, Phoenix Wright is one of those characters.