This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What is the geekiest thing you have in your bedroom?

edited January 2007 in Everything Else
Well, the geekiest thing in my bedroom is my FX Light Saber from Episode IV a New Hope.

Comments

• edited January 2007
    Filler Bunny in a capsule. Or my loads of Pokemon cards.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Me! But seriously folks. I'd say my Darth Vader Mr Potato Head, or my Starbug and Scuttle figurines.
  • My reversable Rin/Arcueid hug pillow.. :p Actually my collection of Macross figurines, Gundam ftl
  • I've got toys, computers and comics. That's about it.
  • tuttle88 beat me to it. I am the geekiest thing in my bedroom. Though I do have a Patrick Nagel print on my wall. It's in a frame.
  • The Entire Series of "The Mighty Orbots"
  • About 350,0000 Legos? ...an *educated* guess ;)
  • A super-Cthulu plushie!

Also assorted figurines of wizards, dragons, etc.
  • Hmm....I have a Kurt Angle figure, an Earthworm Jim figure(anyone else remember that game?) at least three consoles at all times in there(Gamecube, Super NES, and my poor, busted N64), and the better portion of my anime and wrestling/MMA collection.
  • I've got a Cthulhu hat/day calender. I also have a self-built computer running Ubuntu.
  • A 3x3 AND a 4x4 rubiks cube.Both solved.
  • edited January 2007
    Superman and Batman coin banks. My wife doesn't allow many geeky items in the bedroom. She promised me I'd have a special geek bastion when we move into a house - like the one in our old Louisville house.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • I have Gundam figures, 1/60 size. Strike and Freedom. I have lost a geeky stuff, but that seems the geekiest.
  • I have plenty of space and keep the geekery out of my bedroom, apart from a few science books I read to fall asleep. Oh - and some LOTR-posters.
  • Front runners include:
    - Cthulhu hand puppet
    - talking Treebeard figure.
    - 2nd Edition AD&D Monster Manual, spine encased with duct tape.
  • Most geeky? I don't really know that I can judge so here are some candidates:

Breadboard, with wires and ICs in it.
    Some textbook including two on VHDL, two on differential equations, and two on signals and systems.
    A figure of Al from Fullmetal Alchemist my ex-girlfriend gave me.
    Lots of anime and manga.
    Lots of other books, including lots by Feinman and "The Soul of a New Machine"
    Roleplaying books for 10 different systems.
    A TI-92
    A dart gun and a PVC and Foam sword for larping.
    A flashlight I machined myself.
    And unfortunately my Summer Fun Cthulhu plushy is on loan right now.
  • Hrm. That's a tough one. I live in a studio, so basically all of my worldly geeky possessions are in my "bedroom." Tops are:

-Cthulhu plushie (complete with Santa hat)
    -Salmonella and Ebola virus plushies
    -various anime wallscrolls
    -a crap ton of D&D books

And, my personal favorite
    -a horned plastic Viking helmet signed by Henry Rollins
  • Most geeky? I don't really know that I can judge so here are some candidates: Breadboard with....
    Yeah, its kind of tough. I'd have to say a disassembled computer though. Geeky, huh.
  • Front runners include:
    - Cthulhu hand puppet.....
    Very Nice, Very Nice....
    • Pentium I and II CPU's simply put up as decoration
    • Mecha Musume figurines
    • Poster of the OSI Model and a diagram of ARP and DNS
  • -a horned plastic Viking helmet signed by Henry Rollins
    Oh right, there's my signed copy of Terry Pratchett's Last Continent that I dragged my mother and grandmother to Melbourne to get (not that my grandmother needs an excuse to go shopping in Melbourne).
    • Pentium I and II CPU's simply put up as decoration
    That gave me an idea... Put up a big sheet of cork and press in hundreds of old CPUs to act as wall decorations!
  • I also have several boffer weapons, as well as a duct tape gauntlet.
  • A recording studio...
  • PC133 128MB RAM just lying around
    Keroro Gunsou Summer Festival DX 10in Plush
    Various Wall Scrolls
    And Art from Artist Alley that I bought (Kasumi from DOA in classic blue suit)
  • I'd say the big stickers I have of Samus Aran and Link on my wall are the geekiest, with the get backers poster over the head of my bed a close second.
  • A recording studio...
    Oh, come on. You've got two mics, a mixer, a compressor, and some software that runs on your computer. I'd hardly say that really counts. :p

I'd like to throw this notion out there: I am the geekiest thing in my bedroom.
  • edited January 2007
    A never opened talking Emperor Palpatine with red storm trooper, and my nascar memorabilia. Oh yeah, and multiple bookcases full of books and various other knickknacks.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • red storm trooper
    It's not a red storm trooper. It's the emperor's royal guard.
  • Oh, come on. You've got two mics, a mixer, a compressor, and some software that runs on your computer. I'd hardly say that really counts.
    If by all that you mean 7 mics, a mixer, 3 compressors, 2 downward expanders, and a full audio suite. ^_~

If I open my closet doors for baffles, I can easily and professionally record small sets, soloists, vocals, and four-pieces. I have everything I need to record and mix any simple act.