This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

I need musics!

OzOz
edited January 2010 in Suggestions
After listening through my paltry music collection, I have come to the conclusion that I have about 20-30 good songs on my sansa out of nearly 300. I've asked around for music suggestions, but all the people I ask either recommend the same stuff (Lady gaga, Kanye West, etc.), or (in the case of my sister and her friends) heavydeathpainwristcutting metal. If any body out there has a favourite band/song they think a random person on the internet would like to listen to, I'm open. If it helps, the good songs are classic disco songs, calm music, Mambo Number 5, anything with a good, fast beat, and various songs that are good. Please help! My mp3 player, it needs repopulation!

Comments

• Have you taken a look at Last.fm and Pandora?
  • This and pretty much anything else by 50 Hertz.

Have you taken a look at Last.fm and Pandora?
    Also this.
  • edited January 2010
    I don't know exactly what direction to go here. So I'll just give you what I'm listening to now:

Post edited by Jason on
  • edited January 2010
    Aww yeah, Jason. New Of Montreal is supposed to come out relatively soon. This song is my recent favorite:

But yeah, I don't really know what to suggest because the music that you like and are describing is pretty vague. Definitely hop on Pandora and see what you come up with.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • The Beatles, Queen, Led Zeppelin, Rush, Aerosmith, Boston, Foreigner, David Bowie, and The Who. Start there and work yourself up.
  • No, you're not high, The Grates just have really wierd video clips. Also, Patience the lead singer is one of the most adorable people I've ever seen.

The Lead Singer looks like a Hipster Rapist. If that means he rapes hipsters, or he is both a hipster and a rapist, I'm not sure. The Bassist has only one facial expression - SRS BSNS. Who else could it be but Philadelphia Grand Jury?

Florence and the machine, Kiss with a fist.

Dan Le Sac Vs Scroobius Pip, one of the oddest named Rappers ever

Last for now -
  • No, you're not high
    Thanks for clearing that up for me, I was wondering.
  • Based on your specifications, here are four songs that I think will fit in perfectly with those 20-30 good songs. I think you'll really like 'em!

• I would also recommend this. It's a soothing remix of some early Staple Sisters.

• Here are some of the songs I like, if it helps.

Thanks for the help so far! I'll definitely check out Last.fm and Pandora when I have time.
  • Here's some cool bands. They range from a ska-ish sound to punk and I put some pop in there.

• Because I haven't done it yet, I'm going to rep my friends. I'm not generally a good person to go to for music cause I only really listen to mainstream stuff.