This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 20100202 - NerdNYC Recess

edited February 2010 in GeekNights
Tonight on GeekNights we discuss the games we played at NerdNYC Recess. Rym geekbytes some games he has been playing recently like Psychonauts. In the news, Dominion: Alchemy is coming soon.

Comments

• Thanks for adding the ID3 tags to the podcast.
    They've always been there. They're probably just different now.
    Which ID3 tags? We've had ID3s in there forever. In fact, there are far fewer ID3 tags in this particular show than in the previous ones due to the fact that I'm lazy and I did it manually.
  • edited February 2010
    What is this god mouse you speak of?

And I wish I lived in this wonderful world of being able to just take a week off for PAX/AB.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Steelseries XAI is the mouse. It has an LCD screen in the bottom of it, so you can configure it inside of itself. Thus, no matter what computer you use the mouse on, your sensitivity settings and other configs are the same.
  • Isn't that a standard feature on gaming mice? While it doesn't have a screen, the Habu I've got will remember a bunch of settings on-board and you can switch between with a button on the bottom.
  • Totally forgot about the book of the month thing, I just had finished listening to the audio book version by Stephen Fry last week trying to remember why I was listening to it in the first place.
  • edited February 2010
    Great show. The cafe game meet-ups sounds pretty fun. Makes me want to find one here in Austin or maybe start my own up.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • edited February 2010
    Steelseries XAI is the mouse. It has an LCD screen in the bottom of it, so you can configure it inside of itself. Thus, no matter what computer you use the mouse on, your sensitivity settings and other configs are the same.
    What is the maximum speed it will function properly at? For example, Razer's infrared sensors can handle around 4m/s (around 160in/s), and their newest 3.5G laser sensor can supposedly handle 200in/s.

EDIT: The XAI can supposedly handle ~150in/s, which is good enough. Still, I suspect the Razer mice, particularly the DeathAdder, would be better despite the lack of an LCD screen. At the very least, the DeathAdder is a lot cheaper.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on