This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Doctor Who SPOILER

Comments

• Doctor Who movie WTF!
    Awesome! I hope this actually comes to pass.
  • Doctor Who movie WTF!
    Awesome! I hope this actually comes to pass.
    I'm so happy I could cry. I seriously am. I am a fangirl!
  • I'm for it as long as it's just a story in the DW universe and not something like this.
  • It could just be Billie Piper talking out of her butt, too. I am not going to get my hopes up too high.
  • Hold on tight!
  • Hmm, that guy might not be too bad after all.
  • It begins.
  • Impossible things will occur on easter!
  • Even after #10's death, I've been hearing a lot of people still crying and complaining over Tennant's leave (coughhackvigacoughhack), and I can understand why as he is without a doubt the best Doctor out of the ten that have played him thus far (eleventh remains to be seen). But one thing these people need to realize is that while the actor is different, it is always the same character no matter what. It took me about three Doctors to realize that. No matter who portrays him, no matter what kind of personality every Doctor has had and shall have in the future: he is still the same Doctor even after 50 years. He will always stand for good, fix any and all anomalies in time, and be a defender of justice. That is what really matters in the end.
  • Even after #10's death, I've been hearing a lot of people still crying and complaining over Tennant's leave (coughhackvigacoughhack)
    But...no one will EVER be as hot as 10. He's so cute, pretty and a time lord! <3 So far 5 is close and not counting Doctors, Jack is second hot. Squee!
  • Even after #10's death, I've been hearing a lot of people still crying and complaining over Tennant's leave (coughhackvigacoughhack)
    But...no one will EVER be as hot as 10. He's so cute, pretty and a time lord! <3 So far 5 is close and not counting Doctors, Jack is second hot. Squee!</p>
    He is a handsome bastard I will give him that, plus his simultaneous love and hatred of humanity was both adorable and frightening.
  • edited March 2010
    Even after #10's death, I've been hearing a lot of people still crying and complaining over Tennant's leave (coughhackvigacoughhack), and I can understand why as he is without a doubt the best Doctor out of the ten that have played him thus far (eleventh remains to be seen). But one thing these people need to realize is that while the actor is different, it is always the same character no matter what. It took me about three Doctors to realize that. No matter who portrays him, no matter what kind of personality every Doctor has had and shall have in the future: he is still the same Doctor even after 50 years. He will always stand for good, fix any and all anomalies in time, and be a defender of justice. That is what really matters in the end.
    But what you're forgetting is for a lot of people, that is THEIR doctor who, especially Americans, as Tennant was the Doctor when Dr Who became very popular in America. Matt Smith is an unacceptable and weird to them as David Tennant is to someone whose doctor was the 9th, or the 4th, or the 1st. They'll still watch it, and probably like it, because let's face it, it's still Dr Who, But it's just not THEIR doctor.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • The new screwdriver looks pretty cool :P
  • Even after #10's death, I've been hearing a lot of people still crying and complaining over Tennant's leave (coughhackvigacoughhack), and I can understand why as he is without a doubt the best Doctor out of the ten that have played him thus far (eleventh remains to be seen). But one thing these people need to realize is that while the actor is different, it is always the same character no matter what. It took me about three Doctors to realize that. No matter who portrays him, no matter what kind of personality every Doctor has had and shall have in the future: he is still the same Doctor even after 50 years. He will always stand for good, fix any and all anomalies in time, and be a defender of justice. That is what really matters in the end.
    But what you're forgetting is for a lot of people, that is THEIR doctor who, especially Americans, as Tennant was the Doctor when Dr Who became very popular in America. Matt Smith is an unacceptable and weird to them as David Tennant is to someone whose doctor was the 9th, or the 4th, or the 1st. They'll still watch it, and probably like it, because let's face it, it's still Dr Who, But it's just not THEIR doctor.
    It's a lot like the people who say that Final Fantasy 7 is their favorite game of the series. Sure there are games that came before it that were better but since it was their introduction to the series, they consider that to be their favorite.
  • The first 45 seconds of The Eleventh Hour.
  • Matt Smith is awesome.
    Having a main writer that can actually write a decent script is awesome
    The new assistant is awesome. (Although that outfit may have had an impact on my opinion on this)
    All round, it is awesome.
  • So, my wife and I just watched the Eleventh Hour. It was awesome, and cemented my appreciation for Steven Moffet(though "Coupling" had already done that years ago). Matt Smith, awesome new Doctor, it's great how he's captured just a few aspects of Tennant but is creating his own personality as well. And Amy Pond is pretty interesting too, I can hardly wait to get to know her more through the season.
  • I watched yesterday with my brother an my sister. I liked it a lot and I get why the Doctor's personality is similar to the Tenth Doctor. I think they want to easy the audience on the new Doctor. I had no problem with it. However, my brother really was annoyed by this and he thought that the 11th Doctor was to fast paced and that he also ran a lot. Which is completely different from David's first episode (where he rested in bed for 80% of it).
    I saw the psudo-twist miles away by the way. Then again I do not think it was suppose to be a surprise to anyone since they show that special item at the end. By the way is it me or Amy was crazy-obsesed with the Doctor since the first time he met him. Also, I have never heard of her profession before this episode. It looks like fun :P
  • I just watched The Eleventh Hour and I have to say that I like the revamp of the show in general and the new Doctor in particular. I'm really looking forward to this season. ^_^
  • edited April 2010
    That episode was awesome. Seriously, they should've made Steven Moffat lead writer ages ago:
    "The Empty Child" / "The Doctor Dances" (2005)
    "The Girl in the Fireplace" (2006)
    "Blink" (2007)
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I enjoyed the episode, and at times, it felt like I was watching a classic Doctor Who episode from around the fifth Doctor era. This has me very excited for the rest of the season.
  • So did anyone go to the Doctor Who event on New York last week?
  • The Dalek episode was rather silly, and not up to the standard of the previous two. Still entertaining, though.
  • I really enjoyed the new Daleks, they are very colorful :D
  • I like the new Daleks, but the episode wasn't that great.
  • When the new Daleks came out, my first thought was "iDalek".
  • edited April 2010
    When the new Daleks came out, my first thought was "iDalek".
    Mine was "Daleks. Brought to you by Ikea."

WE CAN NOT RE-VIVE THE EM-PER-OR! WE CAN NOT FIND THE AL-EN KEY!
    Post edited by Churba on
  • When the new Daleks came out, my first thought was "iDalek".
    Mine was "Daleks. Brought to you by Ikea."

WE CAN NOT RE-VIVE THE EM-PER-OR! WE CAN NOT FIND THE AL-EN KEY!
    Also, Color coded for your convenience.