This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Connecticon 2010 Panels

RymRym
edited October 2009 in Conventions
Tonight, we are officially going to announce the opening of panel submissions for Connecticon 2010. If you are interested in running a panel, now's your chance to impress us with your good idea and better grammar.

Connecticon 2010 Panel Submission Form

That aside, what sorts of panels would you like to see at Connecticon, even if you couldn't necessarily run them yourself? Remember: Connecticon is not an "anime" convention. It is an everything convention. We're shooting for about 1/3 anime, 1/3 gaming, and 1/3 anything else (not including webcomic and guest-specific panels).

Comments

• Don't forget that we're accepting panel submissions for Connecticon 2010. ^_~
  • Right, Karl and I need to nail our's down.
  • Working on it! Law school takes priority, but winter break is next week, so I can write my knitting panel and submissions.
  • So when do we find out if our panels have been accepted or not?
  • edited February 2010
    So when do we find out if our panels have been accepted or not?
    When the moon sets of the 3rd day of You-expect-a-firm-date-from-Rym-LOL.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • So when do we find out if our panels have been accepted or not?
    Most cons traditionally don't send acceptances until about one month prior to the convention, two at most.

We expect to beat those odds, but we're still waiting on final information regarding how many panel rooms we have to work with and how many guest panels we need to schedule into the mix. We have no control over these two factors.
  • Most cons traditionally don't send acceptances until about one month prior to the convention, two at most.

We expect to beat those odds, but we're still waiting on final information regarding how many panel rooms we have to work with and how many guest panels we need to schedule into the mix. We have no control over these two factors.
    OK, that should be fine, especially considering that I'm just tweaking and modifying one of the two panels.
  • OK, that should be fine, especially considering that I'm just tweaking and modifying one of the two panels.
    Are you doing Metal with Pete again? What's your other panel?
  • Are you doing Metal with Pete again? What's your other panel?
    Yes and it's a secret. You can probably guess if you think about it for 15 seconds, though.

Also, that's contingent upon them actually being accepted.
  • OOOOO! OOOOO! I KNOW!
  • Panel 1 (Dealing with Drama) submitted. Now I just need to type up submissions for the workshop.

Hey, is anyone interested in being a co-panelist on a panel about geeky crafting? I'm thinking about submitting something called "Pixels and Strings," and talking about translating geeky objects, such as sprites, into craft projects. I don't suppose Ro is coming to CTcon.
  • Panel 1 (Dealing with Drama) submitted. Now I just need to type up submissions for the workshop.

Hey, is anyone interested in being a co-panelist on a panel about geeky crafting? I'm thinking about submitting something called "Pixels and Strings," and talking about translating geeky objects, such as sprites, into craft projects. I don't suppose Ro is coming to CTcon.
    Well, I can't talk about making things with string, but I can talk about converting Warhammer minis and brewing beer.

I don't think that's really your angle, though.
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2010
    Panel 1 (Dealing with Drama) submitted. Now I just need to type up submissions for the workshop.

Well, I can't talk about making things with string, but I can talk about converting Warhammer minis and brewing beer.

I don't think that's really your angle, though.
    You should just have a "How to be Manly Man" panel!
    Post edited by Geo on
  • You should just have a "How to be Manly Man" panel!
    Oh, I can con host it with you Pete. I can talk about building guns, computers and cars.
  • You should just have a "How to be Manly Man" panel!
    First lesson in the "How to be a Manly Man Panel:" if you're listening to this panel, you are not a manly man.
  • Don't Rym and Scott already have a Gekiga panel?
  • First lesson in the "How to be a Manly Man Panel:" if you're listening to this panel, you are not a manly man.
    UNLESS THEY'RE THERE TO SEE IF YOU ARE TRULY MANLY AND IF THEY SHOULD RECOMMEND THE PANEL TO THEIR LESS MANLY FRIENDS. WOMEN INCLUDED OF COURSE SINCE EVERYONE COULD USE SOME EXTRA CHEST HAIR.
  • First lesson in the "How to be a Manly Man Panel:" if you're listening to this panel, you are not a manly man.
    UNLESS THEY'RE THERE TO SEE IF YOU ARE TRULY MANLY AND IF THEY SHOULD RECOMMEND THE PANEL TO THEIR LESS MANLY FRIENDS. WOMEN INCLUDED OF COURSE SINCE EVERYONE COULD USE SOME EXTRA CHEST HAIR.
    Okay seriously? Are you trying to be funny or something? It's just lame, I know you're better than that kinda shitcockery.
  • edited February 2010
    Careful who you call black Mr. Pot.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2010
    Careful who you call black Mr. Pot.Okay I'll give you that, but I'm not intentionally trying to be a shitcocker (like the above statement), the things I say just come out that way because I suck at trying to interpret what my thought processes are really like.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • To quote a very girly movie:

"Why do you like to irritate me so?"

"Why do you rise to the occasion?"
  • edited February 2010
    EDIT: Nuri was cleverer.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Okay seriously? Are you trying to be funny or something? It's just lame, I know you're better than that kinda shitcockery.
    This statement makes no sense at all in reply to my previous post. I want some of what you're smoking, it appears to be daaaaaaaaaaaamned strong.
  • edited February 2010
    If Death can speak in all caps, why shouldn't Nine?
    "Why do you rise to the occasion?"
    Nine's male genitalia sure does.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Pete, you couldn't run that panel and my reasoning behind this can be summed up in one word:
    Weeper!
  • Hey, is anyone interested in being a co-panelist on a panel about geeky crafting? I'm thinking about submitting something called "Pixels and Strings," and talking about translating geeky objects, such as sprites, into craft projects. I don't suppose Ro is coming to CTcon.
    You are correct. ; _ ; I would love to do this though. Perhaps next year.
  • This statement makes no sense at all in reply to my previous post. I want some of what you're smoking, it appears to be daaaaaaaaaaaamned strong.
    Pft, Just go down the corner store, Dutchman.
  • What does bluetext indicate again?
  • I presume that blue indicates serious business.
  • What does bluetext indicate again?
    I use it to indicate when I'm being facetious, unless I use whited out text somewhere else. I can't remember what meaning matty gives it.