This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What anime are you watching? v2.0

Comments

• After I finished Serial Experiments Lain last Sunday I haven't been watching anything and most likely I will be watching some non-anime stuff for while (if I even have time for that). But I'm planning to watch Utena again as soon as I get it downloaded, will be my third time with the series.
  • You know, I still don't get why they call it Evangelion 1.0 and Evangelion 1.01. I have a hunch, and if it's that, I'm going to groan loudly.
    From what I've read, 1.01 is just a remaster of the original 1.0. Supposedly the creators had problems with the black levels in much of the original print.
  • I'll still glad watch the rebuild of eva. Until the original show, I can actually follow what the fuck is going on in this show.
  • edited December 2009
    Right now I'm watching the original Patlabour OVAs. They're really funny and awesome. Also, in the third episode, there are some totally cool Godzilla references. Also, Noa is really good looking. Furthermore, this anime is Anime World Order approved.
    That's the one with the Black Labor, right?
    I'm not sure. I didn't get to finish it before I had to return it to the library (My dad has some sort of moral opposition to Netflix. Don't ask, I don't understand either.). I watched every episode except for the last. If this is any help, this is the series that had "The SV2's Longest Day" in it.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • edited December 2009
    Post removed by author
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • I just watched Akira...
    Wow...
  • Started watching Galaxy Express 999 today.

I also recently watched Arcadia of my Youth and Do you remember Love, both were excellent.

Other than that I'm watching Astro Fighter Sunred and Detroit Metal City in between and Cross Game when it comes out every week.
  • Finished watching the original Uchuu Senkan Yamato. Watched half of Galaxy Fraulein Yuna. Now back to watching Hokuto no Ken...

Wataaaa!
  • I'm having a big love/hate relationship with Airmaster right now. There are times when I'm totally hooked and am surprised at how good a show of that genre can be, but there are also times when I feel I'm watching the most annoying thing I've ever seen ever. As such, it is hard to keep consistent with it.
  • I finished Ghost in the Shell: SAC for the second time last night. I'm also a fair way through Urusei Yatsura at the moment, and still enjoying weekly episodes of Cross Game, and now Durarara!!
    I'll admit I'm even watching episodes of FMA: Brotherhood and Dragon Ball Kai as they come out. However, if I wasn't currently on holiday I probably wouldn't be watching those.
  • VOTOMS.
  • Monster.
  • In a huge Macross binge, I've started watching Macross 7.
  • Hanamaru Kindergarten. It's definitely one of the cutest shows I've seen and not creepy at all like you would expect.
  • VOTOMS.
    DVD or streaming? If streaming, where at?

I've been trying to find it forever.
  • edited February 2010
    I've been enjoying Durarara. It's probably to early to say but Durarara feels like it will be my show of the year. Also watching Nodame Cantabile: Finale and So-Ra-No-Wo-To.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • DVD or streaming? If streaming, where at?
    DVDs borrowed.
  • Thanks to the magic of fansubbing, I'm finally able to watch a series of anime that is just simply classic in Japan and something I've wanted to do for a long time. That is none other than the World Masterpiece Theater. To anyone who does not know what this is, The World Masterpiece Theater series is an annual yearlong series that adapts a novel of classic literature into an anime . Some of these include Little Women, Tom Sawyer, Heidi, Swiss Family Robinson, Anne of Green Gables, etc. It started in the mid seventies and ended briefly in 1997. However about 3 years ago it was revived again and is back on Japanese airwaves once more.

I've gotten through about 7 of these series and it's hit and miss for me, some are amazing, some are just junk. The two best series that I've seen so far are the Heidi (most famous for being where Miyazaki and Takahata got their start in the business) and Little Women (which is one of my favorite books of all time) which are absolutely fantastic adaptations.

In line with this topic, the story in this series I'm currently watching is Nobody's Boy Remi. I share Gerald Rathkolb's opinions on the Geek Profile episode, it really is one of the saddest shows I have ever seen in my entire life.
  • Since it appears to be my curse of being at least 4-6 years behind any current anime, I'm just starting to get into Kaleido Star, Aria, and Spice and Wolf. All three of these are looking pretty freaking good in my book I must say.
  • I'm nearly done watching Great Teacher Onizuka. I must say, Onizuka and I have a lot in common. ^_^
  • In line with this topic, the story in this series I'm currently watching is Nobody's Boy Remi. I share Gerald Rathkolb's opinions on the Geek Profile episode, it really is one of the saddest shows I have ever seen in my entire life.
    It is sad but it was a great series, also another good series to watch is "Marco: 3000 Leagues in Search of Mother" which is also really sad but also very epic. If you have a chance I would recommend "Pinocchio", which is also very epic.
  • It is sad but it was a great series, also another good series to watch is "Marco: 3000 Leagues in Search of Mother" which is also really sad but also very epic. If you have a chance I would recommend "Pinocchio", which is also very epic.
    Also along these lines I suggest "Coo" and "Horus: Prince of Sun"
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2010
    I'm nearly done watching Great Teacher Onizuka. I must say, Onizuka and I have a lot in common. ^_^
    -Dials 911-
    In line with this topic, the story in this series I'm currently watching is Nobody's Boy Remi. I share Gerald Rathkolb's opinions on the Geek Profile episode, it really is one of the saddest shows I have ever seen in my entire life.
    It is sad but it was a great series, also another good series to watch is "Marco: 3000 Leagues in Search of Mother" which is also really sad but also very epic. If you have a chance I would recommend "Pinocchio", which is also very epic.
    Also along these lines I suggest "Coo" and "Horus: Prince of Sun"
    I intend to get to those expediently. Actually I've learned something about myself that I find is kinda odd. I really have a hard time watching shows that were released recently (meaning 15 years old or less), but I have no problem watching obscure shows, movies, or OAVs older than I am. Does anyone understand where I'm coming from?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I'm working my way through Code Geass and Michiko to Hatchin, rewatching Gundam 00 and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan (I'm showing people these), and I have Dennou Coil stored on my external hard drive for a later time. I think that this is the most anime that I have watched in the past few years.
  • I intend to get to those expediently. Actually I've learned something about myself that I find is kinda odd. I really have a hard time watching shows that were released recently (meaning 15 years old or less), but I have no problem watching obscure shows, movies, or OAVs older than I am. Does anyone understand where I'm coming from?
    I understand that you are being pretentious for the sake of being pretentious, yes.
    Popular, new things can also be good, you realize. I like both. You are turning into one of those kids who talks at a party about some Brazilian movie from 1959 of which only one film reel and five beta tapes exist and how it is their favorite movie ever and you can never see it. You are not quite at that point, and It is fine to like older anime ( I like older anime series as well), but having this bias that nothing good has come since the 70's? Whatever, dude. Saying stuff like that doesn't make you cooler, it makes you seem a little ignorant of the strengths of some of the newer animated series.
  • I intend to get to those expediently. Actually I've learned something about myself that I find is kinda odd. I really have a hard time watching shows that were released recently (meaning 15 years old or less), but I have no problem watching obscure shows, movies, or OAVs older than I am. Does anyone understand where I'm coming from?
    I understand that you are being pretentious for the sake of being pretentious, yes.
    Popular, new things can also be good, you realize. I like both. You are turning into one of those kids who talks at a party about some Brazilian movie from 1959 of which only one film reel and five beta tapes exist and how it is their favorite movie ever and you can never see it. You are not quite at that point, and It is fine to like older anime ( I like older anime series as well), but having this bias that nothing good has come since the 70's? Whatever, dude. Saying stuff like that doesn't make you cooler, it makes you seem a little ignorant of the strengths of some of the newer animated series.
    Geofino liking older stuff arbitrarily: Check.
    Forum member making a well formed argument against it: Check.
    Geofino being utterly burned by said argument: Double Check.

I bring to case the discussion about Geofino's strange love of film cameras over modern digital SLRs.

Anyhow, Geofino, are you saying you had a hard time watching Ghost in the Shell? Or Cowboy Bebop? Or Trigun? Or any of the other prolific animes of our time?
  • Anyhow, Geofino, are you saying you had a hard time watching Ghost in the Shell? Or Cowboy Bebop? Or Trigun? Or any of the other prolific animes of our time?
    Those are more than 10 years old.
  • Anyhow, Geofino, are you saying you had a hard time watching Ghost in the Shell? Or Cowboy Bebop? Or Trigun? Or any of the other prolific animes of our time?
    Those are more than 10 years old.
    What? Oh god. I'm Old.
    *Shakes his head in a dramatic anime fashion*
    Anyways, they still fall below his "15 years or less" rule.
    The nostalgia is strong with those.
  • The nostalgia is strong with those.
    Each of those shows stands up to modern competition and stands alone irrespective of nostalgia.